BT Development Mentor Program Archives » McFuzz's New Athlete Group (CLOSED) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 21

2014-05-26 7:38 AM
in reply to: annplumley

User image

Chelmsford, England
Subject: RE: McFuzz's New Athlete Group (CLOSED)
woot woot well done Ann !!!!

2014-05-27 3:53 AM
in reply to: McFuzz

User image

Chelmsford, England
Good morning all, I am looking to the future.
I was wondering about how long I should wait before thinking about a full on ironman.
Should I finish this year add a 70.3 next year then go for it in 2016 ???
2014-05-27 6:52 AM
in reply to: Jynxy

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member

Originally posted by Jynxy Good morning all, I am looking to the future. I was wondering about how long I should wait before thinking about a full on ironman. Should I finish this year add a 70.3 next year then go for it in 2016 ???

Can you train consistently 10-16 hours per week (and that means without injury)?  If so, then sign up for an Ironman if that is your desire/  There is no reason you have to progress from a sprint to an Olympic to a half-Ironman before attempting an Ironman.  Each is a different race, and each person has different motivation for doing a race.  

2014-06-22 8:37 AM

User image

Chelmsford, England
well we did it a very hot 10km on lumpy seawall.

I did 51.58 and my wife finished in 1.08.51

an excellent days racing
2014-06-23 9:02 AM

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member

Very good Joe!  

2014-08-18 9:38 AM

User image

Northlake, Texas
HEY ALL!

I know that like many I've fallen off the grid and had even stopped posting my daily/weekly training sessions. I just wanted to say congrats to all that were able to complete their first Tri! What an accomplishment!!

Here's my own report & breakdown!

HUGE thanks to McFuzz that told me about the off-road Tri! it was great fun and a heck of a challenge!!

http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid...

2014-10-13 4:47 AM

User image

Hi everyone!
Hello, Hello is there anybody out there

Have been MIA for our winter but just signed up for first Tri of the season in November here for us!
Hope you have all been well.

Looking for inspiration and motivation, have been consistent with my PT and Netball but not much on the hard core training had a lot of injuries
torn Quad, Burisitis in shoulder and syndes mosis rupture left ankle on the road to full recovery without too many injections. And decided to limit myself to 3 tri's this season

2 x sprint and 1st Olympic Distance

Would love to chat with everyone when you can

Cheers
Lana
2014-10-20 6:52 AM

User image

Chelmsford, England
Ok I finished the chelmsford parks marathon and it was a lot tougher than my training. The 2 looped course (which turned into a 3 loop) was horribly laid out, I didn't like the look of it on paper and it was worse running it with the sparse mile markers and having to run around the park users on the 2nd and 3rd lap (I thought it was closed ??) other than that though my gps didn't start and it wasn't until mile 8/9 (I'm not sure it wasn't marked) that I got a signal and my legs started to ache (never have that early before teach me to take the 2 days before off work and relax) but the support on the roads was amazing!! and the water stations well run. Did I stop NO, did I walk a little YES but I loved every minute of it and seeing my family was the highlight coming over for hugs and kisses at the end, not the time I was after but he'll I'll take it. I just ran a Marathon in 4.33.03. Yee ha Thankyou
2014-10-29 11:38 AM

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member

Good to hear from everyone.  

I took a hiatus from BT.  While I wasn't logging, I was active and finished Beach2Battleship (my 3rd iron distance tri) this past weekend in 12:20.  It was a good day.  

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » McFuzz's New Athlete Group (CLOSED) Rss Feed  

of 21

RELATED POSTS

Baowolf's New Years Resolution Group-Closed (if are stuck with no group PM me) Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32

Started by Baowolf
Views: 36831 Posts: 779

2014-05-23 8:02 PM Pink Socks

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.

date : January 1, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
With the coming of the New Year, athletes commonly think about making nutrition resolutions. Good thing, given only 3 to 4% of Americans follow all of the established Dietary Guidelines.
date : January 29, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
The most valuable thing you can do for your endurance training is to schedule a weekly 2-4hr long ride from now until the end of time. Simply make this “what you do” every Saturday or Sunday morning.

date : January 1, 2006
author : acbadger
Individuals are just that, individuals and need individual programs. However, with a group the size of yours, it may be difficult for your coaches to do 25 individual workouts.
date : November 27, 2005
author : Ontherun
For most age-group triathletes, getting the most out of there time for quality workouts can be daunting. Think outside the triangle to get a little more.

date : November 27, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
Tri clubs offer all of us, from beginner to advanced athlete, a venue in which we can realign our perspective of what “fast” and “far” are, pushing us to new and greater heights of performance.
date : January 24, 2005
author : Michael
I heard an athletic trainer say that in life we have many setbacks. The key is to overcome these setbacks, but the question is how?

date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
The start of the race I had the jitters. I was watching the other age groups start as they seeded the swim with over 1000 participants.