General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Jr. Triathletes Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-01-01 6:08 PM

User image

Pro
Subject: Jr. Triathletes

To those I have communicated with regarding Jr. triathletes/triathlon.......it's time to register if you (your kids) want to compete in the Jr./Youth elite series.  There are only 3 races around the country which are qualifiers for the National Championship race in Ohio.  These races are draft legal and only let 75 kids in.  Registration is open now for Monroe, Washington and Richmond, Va.  The Flatland cup in Des Moines opens on 1/4.  If you want to race you almost MUST register in the first 48 hours or the races will be full.  You can find links to the race web sites/registration through the USAT site or PM me and I'll send a link.

That is all.

Edited by Left Brain 2014-01-01 6:11 PM

2014-01-01 6:16 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio
Subject: RE: Jr. Triathletes

The race in RIchmond, VA is well run and is an all day event so your kids could race throughout the morning/ afternoon and adults by 5 PM.  There are lots of  family friendly activities available on site too.

2014-01-01 6:17 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Originally posted by QueenZipp

The race in RIchmond, VA is well run and is an all day event so your kids could race throughout the morning/ afternoon and adults by 5 PM.  There are lots of  family friendly activities available on site too.

All true!!  A great event!  Richmond and Monroe have adult races the same day, Des Moines and Westchester, Ohio do not.  Each event is run as a first class deal with transition areas like all ITU events, and all are held on closed courses.

If you happen to live close, come watch......you will likely see a future US Olympian.

Edited by Left Brain 2014-01-01 6:34 PM
2014-01-02 4:55 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by Left Brain

To those I have communicated with regarding Jr. triathletes/triathlon.......it's time to register if you (your kids) want to compete in the Jr./Youth elite series.  There are only 3 races around the country which are qualifiers for the National Championship race in Ohio.  These races are draft legal and only let 75 kids in.  Registration is open now for Monroe, Washington and Richmond, Va.  The Flatland cup in Des Moines opens on 1/4.  If you want to race you almost MUST register in the first 48 hours or the races will be full.  You can find links to the race web sites/registration through the USAT site or PM me and I'll send a link.

That is all.

I've worked that Monroe race with PowerBar. I can't remember for the life of me if it was last year or the year before.

Have gone to that one? I think they have an event for non juniors, too. So you could race if you wanted.

I couldn't believe how many CRAZY parents there were! Ha!

2014-01-02 5:42 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Originally posted by Left Brain

That is all.

I've worked that Monroe race with PowerBar. I can't remember for the life of me if it was last year or the year before.

Have gone to that one? I think they have an event for non juniors, too. So you could race if you wanted.

I couldn't believe how many CRAZY parents there were! Ha!

HA!!  Everybody has the next Olympian, don't you know?

We were there last year, may not make it this year because he wants to do the Chicago race which is the following weekend.  I'm good with that choice....that trip was really expensive for us.

Yes, last year the first race was open, and a lot of fun from what I saw.  It's a really nice course, very flat and very fast....and closed.  That race is really well run as well.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Jr. Triathletes Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

1.16.12 MLK Jr. Day Pages: 1 2

Started by ingleshteechur
Views: 1212 Posts: 28

2012-01-16 8:26 PM bluetractor

Triathletes Don't Smoke!!!! Pages: 1 2

Started by fgalvan102
Views: 3662 Posts: 31

2013-06-20 1:43 PM MLPFS

Active.com article - TRIATHLETES: DEVELOPING FORCE ON THE BIKE

Started by DRM
Views: 1120 Posts: 6

2004-04-30 7:48 PM umbach

Triathletes in other sports

Started by lincsguyus
Views: 950 Posts: 2

2004-04-14 4:50 PM Lara

Planning a Week with the Triathletes Training Bible

Started by awamser
Views: 1276 Posts: 2

2004-02-18 11:53 PM DharmaBum
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 30, 2011
comments : 0
How do you incorporate marathon training into a triathlon training plan?

date : August 31, 2011
author : Mandoline
comments : 6
The epic adventure of my first Olympic Tri at 13 years old.
date : March 10, 2011
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
Tinley on triathlon, aging, and the attitude of a masters athlete

date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
Just because it makes you want to cheer, here are some more video clips.
date : November 27, 2005
author : Ontherun
For most age-group triathletes, getting the most out of there time for quality workouts can be daunting. Think outside the triangle to get a little more.

date : September 8, 2004
author : promotion
comments : 4
ProMotion continues to excel in the Triathlon wetsuit market with evolved designs widely regarded as the finest available and loyal support from athletes worldwide.
date : September 3, 2004
Some yoga poses to help endurance athletes prevent injuries through stretching.

date : September 3, 2004
Reasons why yoga will help endurance athletes prevent injuries through stretching.