General Discussion Triathlon Talk » rev3 cedar point full tri entry for sale Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-01-09 6:50 AM

User image

New user
Subject: rev3 cedar point full tri entry for sale
Hi,
Due to a bad back injury i need to take this year off to heal. I believe rev 3 allows transfers of participants. I am selling my entry for $400.00.
If intrested please email me at [email protected]
Thanks
Amy

2014-01-09 11:43 AM
in reply to: amyfit

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
Subject: RE: rev3 cedar point full tri entry for sale

I would just make sure you are in compliance based on the highlighted part below - it's confusing. 

REVOLUTION3 Triathlon is different from other events in that we will allow a transfer of registration if handled according to the policy outlined:

Transfer MUST take place within 30 days prior to the event and submitted in writing to: [email protected] / Send an e-mail with your name, event and distance in which you are participating, and the athlete who you are transfering your entry. We will then provide you with a code so that the new athlete may sign up in your spot. All new athletes must also fill out proper registration forms and waivers online.

Within 30 days, transfers will not be allowed.   Entry fees or event participation is not transferable to another person within 30 days.  If you sell or give your race slot away, both you and the person using the race slot are subject to a 2 year suspension from racing at any USAT or ATP Production Race.

There is only one transfer allowed per original registration.

2014-01-09 12:40 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

New user
I can understand them suspending me, but I wonder why the other person?
2014-01-09 1:20 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

I guess when both parties knowingly break the rules, both parties get suspended...

2014-01-09 3:39 PM
in reply to: #4927493

User image

New user
How is it breaking the rules when they offer the option?
2014-01-09 9:38 PM

User image

Originally posted by amyfit

How is it breaking the rules when they offer the option?

It's pretty clear, you cannot sell your registration! Read above!

2014-01-09 10:11 PM

User image

Expert
Berkley, MI
Selling is prohibited, however Rev3 allowed me to defer my registration from 2011 to 2012 with no charge to me. I paid for 2011, then had travel for work that interfered, so they provided me with a code to register in 2012 at no cost. Could you do the race in 2015 if they deferred this year for you?
2014-01-10 10:00 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by amyfit How is it breaking the rules when they offer the option?

It sounds like you have to "transfer" your registration through their process. But if you sell or give away your bib outside of that, it's against the rules.

2014-01-10 11:11 AM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Pro

Originally posted by lisac957

Originally posted by amyfit How is it breaking the rules when they offer the option?

It sounds like you have to "transfer" your registration through their process. But if you sell or give away your bib outside of that, it's against the rules.

Contact Rev3 and explain your situation. They're very athlete friendly, and they'll let you know what options you have Likely, a transfer or a deferral will be offered.

2014-01-10 12:48 PM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

New user
Ok, I understand now, thank you all for the help
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » rev3 cedar point full tri entry for sale Rss Feed