2014-01-13 10:33 AM

User image

Master
Sedona, AZ
Subject: 2014 cycling race report thread
The start of a new season...

Not So Underground Crit - Phoenix, AZ
35+/45+ combined (scored separately) and Cat 2/3/4
A wonderful square course with wide roads and a slight hill to turn one and descent to turn two.

I just have one race recap for both races because I did pretty much the exact same thing in both of them.

The only difference was the start. In the 35+/45+, I started at the front and stayed around top 10 for the first three laps waiting for a break to form - it never did. In the 2/3/4 I didn't get to the line early and started at the back. Then when they blew the whistle, the guy in front of me couldn't get clipped in so he coasted looking down at his pedal instead of pedaling. Please remember, in a bike race YOU MUST PEDAL! After a short berating from me (having to double unclip because of him), I went around him already 100 meters behind the group so I had to catch up.

After that, both races were about the same. Sit in the back tailgunning, cross any gaps by people dropping off, look ahead to see if anything is happening that I may need to chase. In the first race, very few breaks were tried and none got away. In the 2nd race, a 2-man break got away with around 4 laps to go and it wasn't caught. My strategy was to stay with the group and move midway up the group with two to go. In the back stretch, attack into the wind, stunning the group so much that they would stare in awe and horror as I rode away sitting up playing air guitar and singing Bohemian Rhapsody.

This worked to near perfection in the masters race, where only 3 people got around me by the finish and I took 4th overall and, unfortunately, 4th in the 35+ category. Next year I'll be racing 45+, where I would have taken first, except that a good friend and sprinter will also be aging up so I would have taken 2nd. At least it would have been gas money to get home. As it was, my wife had to push.

In the second race, I told sprinter-teammate the whole plan, except for the clip-in fail by the guy in front of me and subsequent chase to the group, and that he should grab my wheel and I would take him to the finish so we could sing a duet. I also got to chat with a new-teammate for a bit during the race. With 2 or 3 to go, new-teammate launched a vicious attack up the side of the hill but it was covered quickly. I didn't have the chance to tell him my master plan so he didn't realize my plan was NOT to hang out in the back and coast in DFL, although that's what it looked like I was doing. Also unfortunately, since sprinter-teammate hadn't seen me for the whole race and thought I was dropped after two laps, he ended up being part of the shock and awe group on the other side of the road, mouths agape as I hammered like there was a pizza waiting for me at the finish. A few other guys were also trying to get a slice of my pizza, including the two in the break. In both races, I came around corner 3 solo, kept hammering (not as hard in the second race because I was thinking about pizza...) and a few people got by each time. Around the 4th corner, I would stand up, hands in the drops, head low, mouth open like a baleen whale catching krill while my legs were spinning like a junior racer going down hill. It was close, but I got the 7th piece of pizza in the 2nd race.

At the end of the second race, I asked sprinter-teammate what the reaction was when I attacked, never having seen it myself.
One word.
Panic.

2014-01-13 6:47 PM
in reply to: MonkeyClaw

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington
Subject: RE: 2014 cycling race report thread

Haha! Awesome report. Takes me back. Panic indeed!

2014-01-20 10:02 AM

User image

Master
Sedona, AZ
Avondale #1
Cat 2/3 - Fast race, boxed in for the final sprint. Ended up 17th
Cat 3/4 - Worked with the team, sprinter missed the lead out and I didn't have enough to finish strong. Teammate won as planned.

My first race was the 2/3 race with Team-sprinter and a bunch of angry youngsters. It started fast and got faster. I took up the rear. Wait, that doesn't sound right. I went to my usual spot at the back of the pack after a few laps and hung out while attack after attack went off the front. They were all chased down fairly quickly but they were coming fast and furious. There was one point where the pack split and I actually had to work. That sucked. Of course soon after I bridged, the rest of the pack caught up. That sucked even more. Team-sprinter played it cool, staying closer to the front. Rounding the final turn, I tried to sneak up the inside but the pack spread across the road like a giant venus fly trap waiting to kill me. I was moving up nicely but got blocked in with nowhere to go. Team-sprinter was in a much better position and poured on the hot sauce near the end, hammering in for 4th. I was a frustrated 17th.

The second race was the 3/4 race and we had a good contingent. Strongman, Team-sprinter, Attacker, Breaker, and Freelancer were all there and we had a plan to get on the podium. The plan was executed to near perfection, with Breaker and Attacker chasing down attacks while Team-sprinter, Strongman and I stayed in the pack, saving ourselves for the sprint. With a few laps to go, Attacker put in a massive solo attack with no response from the group. In the course of two laps, he had a 20 second gap! With Attacker's win secured and one and a half to go, Strongman and I went to the front and Breaker wasn't far back. Unfortunately Team-sprinter was boxed in and couldn't get to us. Strongman destroyed the group for the full lap and strung out the field perfectly. Around the last turn, he pulled off and I attacked for the final lead-out. Looking up, I saw Attacker raising his hands in triumphant jubilation. I held out until about 100m to go, but didn't have anything left after that. Breaker was boxed out on the run in and couldn't get around. I coasted in for 12th with everyone else not far behind.
2014-01-20 3:58 PM

User image

Pro
Vancouver, BC

I'm so jealous. Road racing doesn't start here until March.

2014-01-21 9:52 AM
in reply to: jeng

User image

over a barrier
Seriously, we just got another 6 inches of snow.

I'm thinking a mountain bike race or two this year, probably no crit racing. Don't really enjoy that much and need to focus on being on the TT bike again.
2014-01-22 4:03 PM
in reply to: running2far

User image

Pro
Vancouver, BC

I raced 2 mountain bike races this year. A more traditional XC race and a 4 hour Enduro race. The 4 hour Enduro race suited me well. I don't have a lot of technical ability, but apparently I can keep going because I did 5 laps of the course and the 2nd place woman only did 2. So check that out for sure. I had a lot of fun with the mountain bike racing so I will definitely make sure to do a few more this year.

I guess I am a bit lucky. We have an indoor velodrome, so at least I get to race weekly in the winter.

2014-01-23 6:19 PM

User image

Master
Sedona, AZ
Don't worry, your seasons will be going long after ours is finished! No racing this weekend. I've been looking into some MTB races too, they look like fun. I don't have an MTB right now, I ride my wife's HT 26er but it works fine. I like that you can self-upgrade up to a 2 if you get bored.

I'm jealous you have the aerodrome! We don't have anything like that here. Our 'track season' occurs in Southern California...
2014-02-04 8:11 PM

User image

Master
Sedona, AZ
3 races this weekend... None good. You know when you've been telling yourself you're not sick, the air is just dry or you just didn't get enough sleep, etc? It only take a bike race to tell you if you were right.

UA Crit Masters 40+; 21(?) / 39
This was the first race of the weekend. I knew it was going to be hard, and I was going to place myself for the break. After a couple of laps around the flat square course, I realized I really WAS sick all week, and there was no was NO WAY I was going to go with the break. Power was down, endurance was down and I was hurting! It was windy and the pace was high. The peloton shattered. I eventually got lapped by the first break of three. I sat up, expecting to get pulled. When they didn't pull me I kept going. The second break of four caught me and told me to join them. I obliged. I couldn't work a lot, but I took a few pulls here and there. They started arguing amongst themselves and after one of my pulls, I floated back only to see that two people were letting a gap form. I was recovering a bit so I settled into a tempo and left them to argue. I was never able to bridge to the others and finished solo. It didn't matter since I was lapped already. It seems they didn't pull any riders so I don't know what place I REALLY finished in. I know one guy who 'placed' in front of me was someone I was about to lap for the second time... It wasn't worth arguing about though.

UA Crit Cat 3/4; ~10/~62
This race was less than an hour after the first. I knew I wasn't killing it out there, so I hid in the wind as much as possible. Along the back stretch, the wind was howling and everyone was in the gutter. I knew if I could push my way through this part, I could recover for the rest of the course. That's basically what I did - along for wishing for rain so I could pull out with honor. It never rained. The group split apart as they all seemed to be doing. I didn't have the energy to do a long sprint, so I held my position mid-pack and after the final turn I did what I could. They have me listed as 13th, but again they didn't pull riders and the finish was a cluster. Not worth arguing over.

Oracle RR Masters 35+; 25th? / 60?
Hoping against hope that I would be feeling better, I went into the race with the thought of at least helping my teammates do well. This is a new road race and it has some good climbing around a 20 mile circuit. I felt good at the start, but then again it was all descending. When the incline started kicking up, I knew it was over. I chased a couple of breaks, but didn't have it in me. There is a hill that's advertised as seven miles, and I got dropped. I ended up in a pack of stragglers and we hung together for the final two laps. We were the sick, the dying, and the dead. On the final 7-mile climb, three other guys and I dropped the group (one of the three was not in our race). We stayed together to the finish and agreed to cross the line together - no sprinting. Results still haven't been posted.

Monday - sicker than I've been in many, many years. Non-stop coughing, with each cough feeling like razor blades scraping my esophagus. Exhausted, sore, etc. I'm quite a bit better today. Still coughing, but it's not as painful and not anywhere near as sore. Hopefully I'll be recovered enough to race on Sunday.
2014-02-05 6:26 PM

User image

Pro
Vancouver, BC

Damn, get better soon.

I also had some issues at my last race, but I guess it is better than being sick. Here's my report.

Friday night, 2 races and then a 4x20 A/B madison, so an A rider partners with a B rider. Our track is 200m long, so a maximum of 10 teams. We had 9. This is a bit busier than most madisons I've raced. I think I've had a max of 6 teams. Also to make it a bit fair and for a learning opportunity, we weren't allowed to sprint until 3 laps to the sprint and then we had to regroup after the sprint. This was working out really well for my team. I let my partner take all of the sprints, even if I had to take a turn and we scored 3rd in the first sprint and 2nd in the second sprint. On an exchange after the second sprint, there were lots of people around and I figured we needed to exchange high on the track. I was currently riding relief. I thought I heard my partner yelling at me to come down track a bit, but I'm not sure that was the case. Anyway my partner said I turned up track again, so my wheel was pointing up track a bit. My partner threw me in, my wheel was turned and I crashed and came sliding down the track. I had so much momentum that I kept going along the floor and crashed into the lap board. I got back up, my wheel had popped off the rim, changed wheels and got back on the track. At that point there were 22 laps to go. Didn't really notice how my partner did in that sprint, but was lagging behind, probably because he had to ride so much. After the next couple of exchanges it was evident (to myself) that I was more wiped than I thought and we went down a lap. I finished the race though.

I have lots of road rash, from wrist to shoulder on my right arm, had a bit of a sore shoulder, which seems to be okay now and had a sliver (our track is wood) stuck in my hip. After multiple attempts to remove the sliver by my SO and the doctor at a walk in clinic, I eventually had to go to the hospital emergency where they cut it open, removed the 2cm long sliver and stitched it up.

The aftermath of the crash was definitely worse than the crash itself.

I didn't ride at all on Saturday and rode easy on Sunday. Monday I was at the doctor, yesterday I was at the hospital. I swear not being able to ride is also worse than crashing. I guess that is why we take these risks.

2014-02-06 11:43 AM

User image

Master
Sedona, AZ
Oh Jen, that sounds horrible! I'll take sick over crash any day! It's too bad, the madison looks like a lot of fun. Sounds like you're healing up well, I hope you're able to race again soon.
2014-02-10 11:09 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Greenville, SC

I'm guessing this thread is for everyone to put their race reports. I decided to combine cycling/triathlon racing this year after doing a road race last year and getting hooked.  My first two races of the year were this weekend

Saturday 2/08: Criterium @ BMW Performance Center - 30minutes +3 Laps
This race took place at the BMW racing track here in Greenville SC.  In reality the course was more of a circuit race than a crit since there were no corners to speak of, only really long wide turns.  Was basically an oval shape.  I was racing CAT5 and the pace was agonizingly slow and the group chased down any attempt to break.  I gave a couple of attacks and pulls but tried to keep my effort under control because I could tell it was going to be a bunch sprint at the end.  Stayed in the top 5 position the whole race, so I played that well.  Unfortunately I ended up in front going into the final turn after chasing down a break.  I gave the final sprint everything I had and got edged off the podium in the last 2 feet before the finish line.  Finished 4th.

Sunday2/09: Donaldson Center/SCTAC Road Race - 3 Laps/21 Miles
This road race took place on a giant loop around an aerospace hub in town which is 7 miles long, pretty hilly, and very rough roads with lots of potholes.  The race started at 9am and two other groups were sent out in 5 minute increments behind us.  I lined up at the start with a friend of mine who is a pretty strong rider and we planned on trying to create a break that would stick.  Well being CAT5 half the people at the start couldn't get clipped in, or when doing so veered sideways into other riders. Not a good start, the day before was actually really smooth and not sketchy at all.  Someone in the pack kept hitting their brakes pretty hard for no reason and created a lot of panic with some of the newer riders.  Right as I began thinking I needed to find some space and get out of that a wheel is thrown back into me from someone hitting the brakes HARD.  In turn I veer toward space near the yellow line and attempt to slow down as well, my friend behind me does the same.  The guy behind him slams right into him and goes down hard, all in the first 3 minutes.  My friend had half his spokes broken from the impact and the other guy had a bone sticking out somewhere around his knee (I learned this after the race).   So at this point I'm not liking this group and want to get out.  I look at two of the riders that finished at the front with me yesterday and suggested we make it a three man race, and they were more than happy to agree.  So we took off and dropped the group quickly trading pulls the rest of the race.  I should have remembered I lost a sprint to these guys the day before and tried to either set a hard TT pace on the last lap to wear them down or try to make a break from them on a climb, but I didn't.  Came down to a sprint and I took third.  

I'll be racing  the next 3 weeks every Saturday/Sunday as part of a local "Spring Series" put on by Hincapie.  Big George actually made an appearance for the races yesterday.

Edited by Clempson 2014-02-10 11:10 AM

2014-02-11 12:16 PM
in reply to: Clempson

User image

Pro
Vancouver, BC

Originally posted by Clempson

I'm guessing this thread is for everyone to put their race reports. I decided to combine cycling/triathlon racing this year after doing a road race last year and getting hooked.  My first two races of the year were this weekend

It is a thread for everyone's RR. Some of us are just luckier than others to have some road races at this time of year.

It sounds like you did the right thing on Sunday. A 3rd place finish in that bread sounds way better than taking your chances in the pack.

2014-02-12 8:39 AM

User image

Master
Sedona, AZ
Originally posted by Clempson

Yeah, I have been starting them off the past few years because my season starts earliest, but it also ends the earliest The thread is for everyone to post their races.

Nice job on both races though! Sometimes the start of the race is the most dangerous because of the clip-in factor. Yet another reason to start at the front. Keep us up to date on your races and keep up the great work!
2014-02-16 2:58 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Greenville, SC

2 Races again this weekend:

Saturday Criterium
The course was a 1.5 mile loop around a baseball stadium with a uphill of 5.5% after a turn to the finish/start line for each lap.  The race was 30 minutes +2 laps.  Early on I was doing a lot of work and the group had no problem with it so I started to really slow the pace down to encourage some others to do something.  A single rider attacked by himself and I encouraged the group to have someone other than me chase him down. They didn't budge.  Finally after two laps of him off the front I realized they weren't going to do anything and thought the guy would tire out, and it was obvious to me this wasn't going to happen.  So I attacked the group on the hill the next lap around and dropped them half way up and continued to chase the guy off the front.  This apparently caused the group to become completely broken apart because after two laps I started lapping groups of 2-3 riders by themselves.  I ended up not catching the guy off the front but gained on him consistently until the finish were I ended in 2nd.

Sunday Road Race
This race took place on the same course as last Sunday's race.  3 loops of 7 miles each with very rolling terrain.  At first the group stayed together pretty well with maybe only one or two falling off the back, but for the most part only a few people did all the work up front, and I made sure it wasn't me to start with.  About 4 miles into the first loop, and after a series of long hills I attacked the group on a very flat rough section of road where being able to ride directly on the white line is critical since everything else feels like cobbles.  Worked like a charm.  The 25 person group was now 8.  The group organized itself very quickly and created a fast rotating paceline which was probably the most organized one I've ever been in to make sure we kept the break alive.  Fast forward to the second lap and I attacked once again in the same place, and the 8 were now 4.  The final lap was pretty slow with us just making sure to maintain our lead and everyone playing the "i don't want to work" game.  I positioned myself at the back of the group and gave myself some space coming into the last hill with about 400m from the top to the finish and exploded up the hill past the other three riders.  They all responded and the 4 were now 2.  I tried to TT away from the remaining guy with me but he did a good job of not sitting directly on my wheel but a length or two off, making it hard for me to slow down before the final sprint without risking him blowing past me or the other two catching up.  Ended up passing me a few meters before the line and I took 2nd once again.

Four more races in the series, hopefully I can snag a 1st place somewhere.

Edited by Clempson 2014-02-16 2:59 PM
2014-02-21 8:51 AM

User image

Pro
Norwalk, Connecticut
Hey all!!! So great to read reports again!!! I was laughing my butt off!!!

crits start this weekend, dependent om weather, took last year off healed some injuries and raced cross for fun in the fall.

It will be nice to get back to some bike racing, looking back, i really missed racing last year, but it was the right thing to do health wise.

Even with not starting to ride a bike or any exercise till mid June, i did about 15 cross races and got my Cat3 upgrade and had a lot of fun which was the main goal.

For crits i still remain a Cat4, which is fine, and after a very cold snowy winter that had me on the trainer, i did my power test Wednesday and was pleasantly surprised coming in at 330w which is just a bit short of my 2012 best of 346, which was done mid season.

I still need to lose 10lbs, but the crits are mostly flat with wind so i have to worry more about tactics and good form over having to chase skinny doods uphill. I remain cautiously optimistic.

Jenn!!!! So glad to still see your pretty face here!!!

Monkey!!! I wanna move to AZ for the winter and race in Jan!!!!!
2014-02-21 12:20 PM
in reply to: Rudedog55

User image

Pro
Vancouver, BC

Rudy's back! Yay!

2014-02-27 6:54 PM

User image

2/23 Makaha TT - 10 miles

Pretty uneventful RR...which is good for a TT because it means I didn't blow up.  294 watts AP, 294 watts NP, VI 1.00.  296w for the first half, and 297w for the second half subtracting out the 9 seconds of 0 watts at the hairpin.  23:15, 25.8 mph, 8th overall, 2nd Men 18-34 Cat 4/5.

Right about where I hoped to be as I was shooting for 295 going in.  I think I could have squeezed out a couple more watts if I went deep into the hurt locker, but for the first race of the season I was moe concerned about getting a baseline of my fitness rather than risking a blow up.

Another 20k TT coming up this weekend.

2014-02-28 10:02 AM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

Pro
Norwalk, Connecticut
Nice work Jay!!!!!

well, this weekend should be interesting, we have our first crits Sunday...... it supposed to be 25 degrees, then we get a fresh 10" of snow sunday night.

sigh.........
2014-02-28 6:34 PM

User image

Pro
Vancouver, BC

Originally posted by Rudedog55 Nice work Jay!!!!! well, this weekend should be interesting, we have our first crits Sunday...... it supposed to be 25 degrees, then we get a fresh 10" of snow sunday night. sigh.........

Same here. First road race on Sunday. It never snows in Vancouver. In the forecast... snow!

2014-03-03 9:57 AM

User image

Master
Sedona, AZ
Great racing Clempson! Fun reports to read.

Valley of the Sun Stage Race - Cat 3

TT - 6th/55(?) - What can I say. I rode hard, suffered, and finished in 6th place. It's hard to make a TT sound exciting.

RR - 29/52 - Frustrating race. I've never seen a break stay away in this race, until today. The course is basically one climb of a couple of miles, then a slow descent the rest of the lap, and we did 5 laps. The pace up the hill the final time was brisk (as it was all times) and started weaving across the road. I zigged when the group zagged, and I was off the back The break finished about 1:30 in front of me and the main group :30 in front. Augh.

Crit - 25/45 - And again, a break gets away and stays away. Crazy. I finished with the pack.

I ended up 12 overall. I was pretty frustrated about this race, but I only have myself to blame. I went too easy instead of joining the breaks or organizing to catch them. Live and learn!
2014-03-03 12:32 PM

User image

Second TT in the books.  Finished 5/78 OA and 2/15 Senior 4/5.  Right where I expected to if I had a good race.  Power numbers were about 10-12% low though, so I need to figure out if something is wrong.  Weather was poor with lots of rain and dark clouds limiting visibility, but everyone kept the rubber down.

This coming weekend is a short hill climb RR.  I'm way too fat right now to contend as well as I have been in the TTs, but we'll see what happens.  I know I can out kick most of the competition I would like ot beat in a sprint, it's just a matter if I can get to the finishing flat with them.

2014-03-03 2:53 PM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

Pro
Norwalk, Connecticut
First road races in two years!!!!

I raced Cat4 and Masters 1-4, since i aged up to 45 and am offically an old man.

I had been training all winter, and had no rides outside. i had a new bike that i had ridden on the trainer 4 times, it was gonna be a show up and hope all works out deal.

The first race was at 930am, Cat4, I am on a new team this year and we had 4 guys in the race, a kid (24 or 25), lol and 3 masters, i went on a few breaks, did not pull any back, it was slow, it was also a small field because it was 35* outside, and for Jenn, that would be about 2*C. You could tell that for the most part, the guys that showed up had trained, they were all also like, hey we are racing, we are all fit, its small, give room and nothing stupid. So the race was pretty smooth, but still Cat4. Fast forward to a few to go and some attacks start happening, but nothing is getting away, i jump before the hill and get point, i see orange behind me, our kit is orange. Since i volunteered to be leadout as i have no desire to upgrade to Cat3 road, i fulfilled my job description and pulled the whole last lap stringing out the field. There was an orange jersey behind me, but at 30mph, i am not gonna take a look, so i was listening to hear my teammate say something. All i heard was wind. So i guessed it was not my guy behind me but another guy in orange, so at about 250m to go, i eased off to not get caught in the sprint. Guess who was the first guy past me??? Yup, my guy, the kid, lol. Turns out i had the perfect lead out and when i sat up he had to just scub some speed to get around, he finished 5th. Had i known, i woulda pulled hard another 20-30 meters into his sprint zone and he would been able to pass me when i was still under power. Eh, first day, first race, new team. We had it pretty close, next week it wont happen, we talked, he is actually a friend of mine, and i told him to make sure i know he is there. I predict a few wins for him. Strava says i have average weighted power at 318w for 45 mins, taken off my power meter which is also new for me this year.

An hour and half later we raced masters open, which is Cat1-4, and we have some very fast Cat1's in the field. Cliff notes say that i bridged to a solo break at about lap 5 of 23, and we stayed away for 5 laps. Breaks are funny, he went solo, i let him bake for half lap, i noticed he was not coming back, so i went hard and got him, went through him and started work immediately. after 20 seconds, i pulled over, half expecting him to follow me like the cat4's, he pulled through and started working. I was like YESSSSSS partner. We had a great rotation for 5 laps, had a 25 sec gap on a 1m55s lap time, then the big boys had enough and decided that we were not coming back without a fight and they came and got us. So i got back into pack and attacked at least 3 more times, bridged 3 other brakes and coasted in mid pack. Our masters team is about 8 guys, but we do not really have a sprinter, and the finish sucks for me since its up a 8* hill. 4 guys are outa shape, but honestly we had a great time a beer afterwards and shared stories of past glories. We do have a sprinter, and in a month he will be ready to go, and i will be primary lead out, then schit will get real.

Good news is when you go away like i did, and then do a bunch of work at the front, a couple of the Cat 1-2's came and found me after the race and were complimentary about my fitness and power. hopefully that will translate into a break away partner in the future. I am an unknown in this field, so any help is appreciated. Strava says avg weighted power was 323w for 50 mins, not to bad ofr the second race of the day on tired legs.
oh yeah, the temps went down and it was close to 30* with a picking up wind. Jenn, thats -1*c, hahahahaha

But last night we were missed by the snow storm!!! That is good news

2014-03-04 6:23 PM

User image

Pro
Vancouver, BC

My race was cancelled due to predicted snow. It ended up just being miserable pouring cold rain, but they had to call the Sunday race off by Friday night. Next weekend!

2014-03-04 6:27 PM

User image

Pro
Vancouver, BC

Thanks for translating those temperatures for me Rudy. It was probably about the same temperature here last week, but raining.

The master's race sounds fun. Did you mention how the new bike worked out? Maybe I need to reread this.

2014-03-05 11:24 AM

User image

Pro
Norwalk, Connecticut
Originally posted by jeng

Thanks for translating those temperatures for me Rudy. It was probably about the same temperature here last week, but raining.

The master's race sounds fun. Did you mention how the new bike worked out? Maybe I need to reread this.

Actually i had forgotten that part. I bought a Cervelo S5 over the winter and painted it custom. The bike worked flawlessly, it is a good combo of aero and can handle the power i throw at it. I have it sitting on and 88/60 combo 25mm wide rims from Asia that are really stiff.

i generate a lot of power quickly and bikes that are not beefy in the rear end tend to absorb that power, this bike gets it to the rear wheel really well.

so it goes well solo, and when i hit it, it responds. Very different from the Litespeed i had, which went well in a line, but absorbed power and i felt like i was peddling in mud. lemme see if i can get a pic of it up here.

i was trying to be cute with the temp translation, hope i did not offend you ;o)

i know you are smart enough to do a quick calculation.

(1960769_675610695819017_1102983254_o.jpg)

(IMG_0391.JPG)

(bethel March 2.jpg)

(1623841_10202412940157643_562893806_o.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
1960769_675610695819017_1102983254_o.jpg (329KB - 21 downloads)
IMG_0391.JPG (2370KB - 16 downloads)
bethel March 2.jpg (266KB - 19 downloads)
1623841_10202412940157643_562893806_o.jpg (508KB - 13 downloads)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 2014 cycling race report thread Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

2013 cycling race report thread Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by MonkeyClaw
Views: 12727 Posts: 97

2013-06-04 1:41 PM dalessit

Cyclocross race reports Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by Rudedog55
Views: 10112 Posts: 85

2013-03-20 4:54 PM MonkeyClaw

2012 cycling race report thread Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by MonkeyClaw
Views: 10290 Posts: 90

2012-08-08 4:05 PM Dlaxman31

2011 Cycling race report thread. Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by dalessit
Views: 10892 Posts: 76

2011-11-07 11:34 AM MonkeyClaw

MTB Race Report: Iceman Cometh Challenge

Started by PeterAK
Views: 1890 Posts: 5

2009-11-12 7:15 AM dalessit
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 27, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 8
A middle-of-the-pack triathlete takes on the iron distance for the first time at Rev3's inaugural full distance race

date : July 23, 2007
author : Ron
comments : 2
See the Musselman, Mini-Mussel, the ITU Race and the Mussel Kids race video feeds, race reports and pictures.
date : June 6, 2007
comments : 4
Coverage of the entire Mooseman Triathlon Festival with race video feeds, race reports and pictures.

date : July 2, 2006
author : susietri
comments : 6
Race report for my first sprint triathlon in which I tell the tale of panic and redemption.
date : November 27, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 0
The toll of fate strikes as those with orange swim caps are beckoned to begin the journey. Ahhh, nothing like the feel of ice cold water seeping in your wetsuit to wake you up. GO!

date : April 21, 2005
comments : 1
How to use our detailed online race log to track your season and progress.
date : October 17, 2004
author : jhealy422
comments : 0
My sister warned me about being used as a launch ramp by faster swimmers but much to my surprise I was the one swimming over those in front of me. I went around one woman, then another.

date : August 31, 2004
comments : 38
Know how to get around BT. Some essentials on emails, passwords, pictures, login problems and more.