Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Custom Plans With Multiple Races Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-01-13 3:25 PM

, Maryland
Subject: Custom Plans With Multiple Races
Can you create a custom plan with multiple end dates for different races through the year. So that the plan will create the appropriate build / peak / taper schedule based on when your races are on a calendar? Just so it doesn't think you are starting from scratch when you need to keep going through the summer.

2014-01-13 7:19 PM
in reply to: vaughn.temple

User image

Champion
Subject: RE: Custom Plans With Multiple Races

That depends.  There are several things you can do depending on your goals and races. Do you have all of your races in your race log?  Will HIM Eagleman  be your first HIM?

2014-01-14 12:24 PM
in reply to: 0

, Maryland
It will be my second HIM but it will be the first for this year. All my races are in the logs... I just wanted to see if I can sort of "continue" a custom plan from like a "build 2" session... ya know?

Edited by vaughn.temple 2014-01-14 12:28 PM
2014-01-16 10:17 PM
in reply to: Ron

, Maryland
Ron... So is there a way to do it? Or do ya just have to know what your doing and add the 2 weeks between races and it will already assume that you are up to that fitness level?
2014-01-17 1:12 PM
in reply to: vaughn.temple

User image

Champion

The custom plan creator will create a plan for 'that' race.  if you have smaller B/C races within that timeframe, you will have to manually adjust the race week in your training log if you want a taper or to shuffle workouts around to account for race week.

Since this is your second HIM, create a intermediate HIM plan with your 6/8/2014 race date.  I actually just did this and it lines up very well with your current bike and run volume from your logs.  As far as your 3/30 10 mile run race, you will have to plan for a taper week for that, or just run through it.  Your 5/18 oly, you will have to adjust that, or I can help with that week - since that is getting close to race week.

Once you have created and send that plan to your logs...let me know and I can take a look at those other race weeks.

2014-01-17 1:20 PM
in reply to: Ron

, Maryland
Originally posted by Ron

The custom plan creator will create a plan for 'that' race.  if you have smaller B/C races within that timeframe, you will have to manually adjust the race week in your training log if you want a taper or to shuffle workouts around to account for race week.

Since this is your second HIM, create a intermediate HIM plan with your 6/8/2014 race date.  I actually just did this and it lines up very well with your current bike and run volume from your logs.  As far as your 3/30 10 mile run race, you will have to plan for a taper week for that, or just run through it.  Your 5/18 oly, you will have to adjust that, or I can help with that week - since that is getting close to race week.

Once you have created and send that plan to your logs...let me know and I can take a look at those other race weeks.

Thanks that totally makes sense... I was going to try something similar when I got closer to to the date..

Thanks for your help!

New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Custom Plans With Multiple Races Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Multiple custom cal showing in iCal

Started by jlahoward
Views: 1170 Posts: 2

2012-07-08 12:17 PM marmadaddy

multiple race entries for the same race

Started by LostSheep
Views: 984 Posts: 3

2011-03-05 12:11 PM LostSheep

Copy planned workout to multiple days?

Started by scottgreenstone
Views: 1207 Posts: 2

2010-01-28 1:59 PM marmadaddy

Importing Planned Custom Plan

Started by taylorsworld
Views: 1491 Posts: 2

2008-12-01 8:09 AM marmadaddy

multiple plans?

Started by vortmax
Views: 912 Posts: 2

2006-01-18 4:02 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 15, 2012
author : mikericci
comments : 0
How do you train for an A-race that is six months away? How do you peak for multiple A-races?

date : December 27, 2011
author : Amy Kuitse
You may find your taper plan changing from week to week, based on how your body responds to the actual taper.
date : February 3, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
Scheduling workouts in the Custom Training Plan Creator for an ideal, balanced, injury-free season

date : October 28, 2009
author : AMSSM
I was just recently diagnosed with MS, but I'm also very accepting and ready to move forward - especially in my triathlon training and I would love input and training tips.
date : October 7, 2009
author : EnduranceFilms
comments : 1
Learn the important aspects of a successful pre-race nutrition plan including carbo-loading and eating the morning of the race.

date : September 14, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
He is a multiple Ironman, prolific poster, blog-inspire-leaver and PMer, and is moving through his injuries with grace, dignity, and continuing generosity for other triathletes.
date : July 17, 2005
author : Brandon Heflin
So how do you plan for a season? Below, I’ve created a simple five step process to use as a primer for season planning.

date : February 28, 2005
author : sherrick
A 26 week, 6 race series plan for faster performance. A SILVER/GOLD member plan.