General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Learning to Ride Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-01-14 11:57 PM

Subject: Learning to Ride
Hi everyone,

I have recently decided to start training for my first triathlon. However, I know absolutely nothing about biking. I'd love to go to a beginners bike class but I can't find any in the Birmingham area. I want to learn the basics of biking, how to pick out a good bike for me, and eventually how to do some common maintenance on my bike. Any ideas/suggestions would be great! Also if there's a good website for me to read about biking 101 I'd love suggestions on that as well. Thanks.

- Virginia

2014-01-15 12:44 PM
in reply to: virginia_BT

User image

New user
Los Angeles County
Subject: RE: Learning to Ride
Originally posted by virginia_BT

Hi everyone,

I have recently decided to start training for my first triathlon. However, I know absolutely nothing about biking. I'd love to go to a beginners bike class but I can't find any in the Birmingham area. I want to learn the basics of biking, how to pick out a good bike for me, and eventually how to do some common maintenance on my bike. Any ideas/suggestions would be great! Also if there's a good website for me to read about biking 101 I'd love suggestions on that as well. Thanks.

- Virginia

I have not gone through all the videos, but I know that they have some that deal with maintaining your bicycle. Hope it helps
http://learn.performancebike.com/bikes/advice
2014-01-17 2:42 AM

User image

Daphne, AL
Check out the local bike shops in your area. Alot of times they will have different level group rides. Just look for a beginner group ride.
2014-01-17 10:34 AM

Google the Vulcan Tri club. I'm not a member but I know they have some free beginner clinics coming up in the next few weeks around town.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Learning to Ride Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

how was the saturday ride guys/gals?

Started by stuckjb
Views: 1779 Posts: 15

2011-03-04 10:37 PM neverstopexploring

Where to ride around Montgomery?

Started by ScudRunner
Views: 5370 Posts: 10

2010-10-02 9:15 AM stoner51

Headed to Sunny Gulf Shores today....if you see me riding

Started by pilotzs
Views: 2319 Posts: 7

2010-05-29 9:27 AM pilotzs

Bike Ride in Birmingham

Started by jteddy39.3
Views: 2088 Posts: 4

2009-06-24 6:19 PM LostSheep

Pedalin' for a Cure Cancer Ride

Started by mnb251
Views: 2540 Posts: 4

2008-06-02 1:09 AM Neptun
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 6, 2011
author : garyhallsr
comments : 0
Being comfortable in the water and knowing where your body parts are trump power and strength any day

date : December 2, 2010
author : Sara McLarty
This installment of the BT Swim Series will focus on open water swimming and four drills to help you better prepare for your event.
date : November 4, 2010
This installment of the BT Swim Series will focus on swimming tools and how best to use them. Includes pull buoys, kickboards, fins, paddles and snorkels.

date : October 5, 2010
This installment of the BT Swim Series will focus on the four major parts of the arm stroke in freestyle: Catch, Pull, Finish, & Recovery.
date : September 3, 2010
comments : 1
This installment of the BT Swim Series will focus on being efficient in the water. Learning how to swim smooth and efficiently is important to becoming a great swimmer.

date : August 2, 2010
comments : 19
This installment of the BT Swim Series will focus on breathing. Before you can swim fast, you must learn how to control your breathing so that easy swimming does not leave you gasping after one lap.
date : December 15, 2008
author : FitWerx
I own both a road bike and a tri bike. I am wondering which bike I should be riding during off season training, or does it matter?

date : July 8, 2008
author : Writebrained
comments : 10
Riding Zen means nothing more than being keenly aware of your surroundings and in control of your emotional state at all times. It also means riding safe and riding smart.