General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Who's in Colorado Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2014-01-20 10:11 AM

User image

Denver, Colorado
Subject: Who's in Colorado
Who all on BT Is in Colorado? I'm just curious really.

It might be fun during the summer for the BT CO people to get together for a group ride. Put a few faces to names and a training session with new people should spice things up.

Cheers,

I'm in Centennial

2014-01-20 10:21 AM
in reply to: Brian W

User image

Arvada
Subject: RE: Who's in Colorado
I am in Arvada. A group ride or other group training would be fun.
2014-01-20 10:49 AM

User image

Master
Centennial, CO

Originally posted by Brian W Who all on BT Is in Colorado? I'm just curious really. It might be fun during the summer for the BT CO people to get together for a group ride. Put a few faces to names and a training session with new people should spice things up. Cheers, I'm in Centennial

I'm here in Centennial as well (near Orchard and Holly).  I'd like to do some training as well with the peeps around here.  We used to have a good group who got together often.  That was 6+ years ago.  Saddly, most of them have left the sport.

I am taking the year off Tris, but I will be riding and running quite a bit.  

2014-01-20 11:54 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
I'm down in Highlands Ranch (Broadway and Wildcat). A group ride sounds fun. I am signed up for both the Boulder 70.3 and IM so the more time on the road the better.
2014-01-20 1:11 PM

Grand Junction, Colorado
Othere side of the state here -- Grand Junction.
2014-01-20 4:57 PM
in reply to: mbrassette

User image

Extreme Veteran
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Subject: RE: Who's i.n Colorado
Originally posted by mbrassette

Othere side of the state here -- Grand Junction.

Just pedal on over to Denver

2014-01-20 5:50 PM

User image

Regular
Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs here.
2014-01-21 1:35 PM

User image

Lakewood. Training for a Sprint, Olympic and Half - all in Colorado - this summer.
2014-01-21 2:10 PM

User image

Veteran
Boulder
I'm in the Boulder area. Would love to have a BT get together in the summer!
2014-01-21 3:26 PM

User image

Veteran
Colorful Colorado

I'm just outside of Boulder. Lets all do the Triple Bypass together...
2014-01-21 6:31 PM

User image

I'm up in the mountains, in Carbondale. 

I will be trying to do some early spring riding in the Denver area.

2014-01-22 7:06 PM

Colorado
I'm up in Fort Collins but would be up for meeting in Denver/Boulder for rides.
2014-01-22 8:52 PM

User image

I'm in Longmont
2014-01-24 7:54 AM
in reply to: rockymtnhigh

User image

Master
Centennial, CO

Originally posted by rockymtnhigh I'm just outside of Boulder. Lets all do the Triple Bypass together...

That would be awesome, but I have a scheduling conflict that weekend.  Good luck have fun.  Can't believe it's been almost 10 years since last time I did that ride.

2014-01-24 9:56 AM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Love the Ragnar pic!
I'll be riding in Broomfield/boulder lots this summer, so if anyone is around and wants to join my slowness, let me know!
2014-02-09 12:12 PM

I'm in Boulder and fairly new to triathlons. I would love to meet up with some fellow triathletes and get some advice!

2014-02-09 9:34 PM

User image

Denver, Colorado
Hi all,
It seems there's a good amount of interest for some group training sessions. I'll check this thread periodically and will post any runs , rides, or tris I'm competing in to see if anyone wants to meet up. Hope to meet some of you when the snow clears! Cheers,

BRIAN
2014-02-11 12:34 PM

User image

New user

Snowmass Village
I'm in Snowmass Village.
2014-02-22 2:29 PM

User image

Denver, CO
I'm in Park Hill (NE-central Denver). Would love to find somebody patient to train with, although I'm pretty much starting from scratch.
2014-04-01 12:27 AM
in reply to: #4935062

I'm in Fort Collins, but definitely up for a little bit of travel to log some miles and ride different routes. I'm still working on building overall strength and endurance so it'd be great to find similarly paced
folks to ride with!
2014-04-01 11:43 AM
in reply to: rick4657

User image

Also in Highlands Ranch. Just getting my first full year in after getting my bearings on 5 sprint races last year. Been a solo trainer, and would love to get out, especially for some cycling.

2014-04-01 12:21 PM

User image

Regular
Grand Junction, Colorado
Originally posted by Brian W

Who all on BT Is in Colorado? I'm just curious really.

It might be fun during the summer for the BT CO people to get together for a group ride. Put a few faces to names and a training session with new people should spice things up.

Cheers,

I'm in Centennial

Over here on this side of the Divide offers some amazing opportunities for group rides, single track trail running, an amazing National Monument to ride up & over, & some wonderful racing coming up soon. We have an Ironman/ Half Iron in May, we have a Half Marathon starting at Palisade's Brewery & finishing at the Edgewater Brewery, & we have a score of an off road Triathlon in Oct. Another huge race out here will be held Labor Day Weekend. Its the Off Road Endurance Race!!! 2nd year running & last year was unreal. Epic Cycles, creators of the Whiskey 50, held this event last year & I checked ID's from Washington, NV, NM, TX, FL, CA, & Montana just to name a few. Friday will host a 30 mile mt bike ride, Saturday is a full on expo on Main St, Sat also has a fast crit race, both male & female, the amateur 40 mile mt bike race, & on Sunday the Pro's race the same course for a huge pay out purse. All of these events are so worth the drive!! And FREE music on Main St. YES, FREE music. Cracker was the headliner last year.

A few weeks back I started running w/a group ( western slope runners blog ) were we meet on Tuesday for a trail run. The group splits into 2 smaller groups. A 2-3 mile group and a 10K group. On Thursday we meet at Edgewater Brewery for a timed 5K and happy hour brews. Saturdays are long 10+mile runs. They also have big plans for 2015. Stay tuned.

It would be wonderful if BT Members could make an appearance for some or all of these events. That is the bonus about living here in GJ, our entry fees are about half of other race sites. As a group, we could Mt Bike in Fruita, we could road ride up Little Park Road & down the Monument, or we could run miles of trails. Another option, a new trail on the Grand Mesa!! This is an alpine trail BUT you park your car at 10,000ft and ride. No lung burning to reach treeline AND THEN ride all fatigued. Its an awesome escape from the Grand Valley heat & a sweet new trail.

So I say this," The last weekend of June is our Colorado BT group meeting." Mark your calendars & lets make it happen. Cheers

2014-04-05 1:39 PM

User image

Elite
Roswell, GA

The wife and I moved to Boulder last summer.  She is training for IM Boulder and I'm drinking beer.  My wife could use some training partners for the long rides.  She is sort of average pace (13 hour-ish IMs).   I'm doing a lot of trail running and anyone is welcome to join me.  

fwiw, There was some weekly work out groups that formed on the GA section, and it was a lot of fun.  It really brought the community together.

2014-04-13 5:49 AM
in reply to: rockymtnhigh

User image

I looked at the website and don't think i'm at that level yet.
i've only ridden 30 miles
I did a race i think in estes park, and there was a big cycling event going on at the same time as well. Not sure which one that was, but seemed like thousands of cyclist of all ages...

I'm in Aurora.
Did my first sprint last summer had a blast and signed up for 2 more.

This year I actually want to train! ha I run marathons and used to be a swimmer but haven't swam much in many years.
Cycling is my weakness.
2014-04-25 3:49 PM
in reply to: velocomp

User image

Veteran
Rocky Mountains

Come on Velo.... there's still a lot of us in the sport. 

Originally posted by velocomp

Originally posted by Brian W Who all on BT Is in Colorado? I'm just curious really. It might be fun during the summer for the BT CO people to get together for a group ride. Put a few faces to names and a training session with new people should spice things up. Cheers, I'm in Centennial

I'm here in Centennial as well (near Orchard and Holly).  I'd like to do some training as well with the peeps around here.  We used to have a good group who got together often.  That was 6+ years ago.  Saddly, most of them have left the sport.

I am taking the year off Tris, but I will be riding and running quite a bit.  

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Who's in Colorado Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Colorado Marathon 5/9, who's in?

Started by Donskiman
Views: 980 Posts: 2

2010-05-06 2:12 PM skarl

COLORADO: Boulder mini-mini-mini Tri for fun

Started by line
Views: 1470 Posts: 14

2005-05-12 6:32 PM line

Colorado Peeps - Runnin' of the Green??

Started by Stacers
Views: 1757 Posts: 14

2005-03-18 11:50 AM TriForrestTri

My Race shcedule in Colorado Pages: 1 2

Started by TheCecil
Views: 3258 Posts: 38

2005-02-13 1:50 PM trifisher

Colorado - run on 2/6?

Started by COgirl
Views: 1240 Posts: 4

2005-01-14 11:15 AM COgirl
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 22, 2008
author : CPT
comments : 0
In this video, Colorado Premier Training optimized Aaron's aerobar width in the wind-tunnel.

date : May 5, 2008
author : Team BT
We take a tour through Colorado Premier Training's wind tunnel. Mark Cote explains how it works and how getting a wind tunnel bike fit can be one of your most important tools in getting faster.
date : March 17, 2008
In this third segment, Colorado Premier Training goes through several bike position tests to improve on rider efficiency. This was accomplished by varying the saddle height and aerobar width.

date : January 16, 2008
Colorado Premier Training runs Aaron through a stepwise power test on a Velotron to collect baseline data for future position changes.
date : September 3, 2005
author : joeinco
comments : 6
As a triathlete, there is one acronym that you just can’t fathom ever having next to your name in a race report – DNF: DID NOT FINISH.

date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
Ironman Couer d'Alene 2003 - Inspirational first ironman triathlon devoted to his wife battling cancer.