BT Development New Products and Sales! » Website to buy Tri Bike Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2014-01-21 9:32 PM

User image

, Jawa Barat
Subject: Website to buy Tri Bike
I am looking into buying a T/t bike and stumbled upon a site www.sale-bikes.com . There seems to be really good deals, but I am nervous about it. Are these good deals on bikes? Is it a safe site? Anyone?

2014-01-22 7:42 AM
in reply to: JoshuaBlackburn

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
Subject: RE: Website to buy Tri Bike
Easy ways to tell

1.) Payment options - Wire or Bank Transfer. Absolutely no place on earth at this day and time should have that listed as their "only" payment options.

2.) Contact us information - Indonesia. (Sorry Yanti)

3.) Multiple bike brands that are NOT for sale new Online.

4. A Google search of "Bike-sales.com Legit?"
2014-01-22 1:20 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ajo
+1

I understand how folks what to save some bucks on an expensive purchase, but it's best to NOT purchase a bike over the internet, unless it's Ebay or local craigslist purchase. Many reputable brands and the legimate bike shops adhere to a no-internet-sales policy. There are a couple to look at like: performancebike.com / trisports.com / nytro.com / pricepoint.com to name a couple, but you could get the same deals at a local shop if you begged hard enough or paid with cash. Furthermore, with a local dealer you can kick the tires... and many dealers now offer lifetime tunes and warranties. I'd leave out buying on the internet unless you have a experience with a brand of bike, equipment and know your exact size... buy local so you can see conditions of used bikes and what not.

Edited by tomspharmacy 2014-01-22 1:22 PM
2014-01-22 9:06 PM

User image

, Jawa Barat
Thank you for the input. I am a poor teacher who is trying to play in a rich mans sport. I appreciate your help.
2014-01-22 9:06 PM

User image

, Jawa Barat
Thank you for the input. I am a poor teacher who is trying to play in a rich mans sport. I appreciate your help.
2014-01-22 9:14 PM

User image

, Jawa Barat
So, fun fact, I live in Indonesia. I am going to go by the store and see what I can find. Put in a little leg work! (-;

2014-01-23 11:37 AM

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
*not a bike store

That's my guess
2014-01-23 9:20 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by JoshuaBlackburn So, fun fact, I live in Indonesia. I am going to go by the store and see what I can find. Put in a little leg work! (-;

Firstly- this is silly.  it's a scam.

but just for fun- they do list an address.

Jalan Bekasi Timur Raya No.6 Km 18
Pulogadung 13930, Jakarta Timur
Indonesia

go for it.

I couldn't get google maps to find this specific address, but I've done this for other possible scam sites, and sure enough... there was no bike shop there.

2014-02-12 9:01 PM
in reply to: tomspharmacy

User image

New user
Green Bay, WI
Originally posted by tomspharmacy

+1

I understand how folks what to save some bucks on an expensive purchase, but it's best to NOT purchase a bike over the internet, unless it's Ebay or local craigslist purchase. Many reputable brands and the legimate bike shops adhere to a no-internet-sales policy. There are a couple to look at like: performancebike.com / trisports.com / nytro.com / pricepoint.com to name a couple, but you could get the same deals at a local shop if you begged hard enough or paid with cash. Furthermore, with a local dealer you can kick the tires... and many dealers now offer lifetime tunes and warranties. I'd leave out buying on the internet unless you have a experience with a brand of bike, equipment and know your exact size... buy local so you can see conditions of used bikes and what not.

I disagree. I bought my bike a Fuji sl1 online last year from Jenson USA. It saved me a bundle in my opinion. $1300 for a carbon frame with Ultegra Components. Com parables locally were $2-2,500I think you just have to be careful and do your research.

I do agree about sizing and fit. For that local is better......but what I did was compare my bike geometry to something offered in my local shop. Assembly was a breeze. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Even if you have to pay to have a local shop set it up and fine tune your fitting financially you will come out ahead.
2014-02-13 8:24 AM

User image

Veteran
Sykesville, MD
New Thread
BT Development New Products and Sales! » Website to buy Tri Bike Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Buy a Kickr trainer and get 1/2 off coaching for 4 months!!!

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 1930 Posts: 1

2013-11-03 7:00 PM tzcoaching

Tri My Apparel July Promo

Started by Ron
Views: 3394 Posts: 1

2009-07-09 10:25 AM Ron

Seattle Tri Expo and Coaching Education April 14-15

Started by bruk
Views: 3210 Posts: 1

2007-04-12 12:28 AM bruk

Tri Swim Coach Offers $100 off for Triathlete’s Argentina Training Trip

Started by Ron
Views: 3142 Posts: 1

2006-12-19 12:02 PM Ron

FREE Tri Workshop with Professional triathletes Bjorn Andersson, Petr Vabrousek and others

Started by coach lee
Views: 3070 Posts: 2

2006-07-15 4:07 AM coach lee
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : April 12, 2011
comments : 0
How should I be shifting gears on the front chainring and the rear cogs to cope with hills?
date : December 12, 2009
We are often asked the question, "What size frame should I buy" and the answer is “it depends”. I know that’s not the answer you want to hear, but hopefully the following will shed some more light.

date : December 27, 2008
comments : 9
Are you a beginner triathlete? This video will compare triathlon bikes and road bikes to help you figure out what is best for you as you begin your triathlon training.
date : August 13, 2008
author : say78
In February, I was given a very special gift: a gift certificate to buy a nice road bike. That's when I realized there was no turning back. I WAS doing this.

date : October 3, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
Whether you want to analyze your sports diet, get an answer to your questions about creatine, or find a new recipe for chicken, you can get an amazing amount of health information on the web.
date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.

date : September 10, 2004
author : steve
comments : 1
Well I said that I was not going to do it this season, but I cracked. I broke down and bought a new bike. I went out and bought a shiny new Cannondale road bike.