General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Desoto speedtube vs bibjohn Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-03-02 10:55 AM

User image

Cleveland, Oh
Subject: Desoto speedtube vs bibjohn
Looking to go to Desoto, Eventually have a full quiver of options johns, speedtube, fs top and speed vest. I already have a fs top 1st wave I got on e bay. I have 2 HIM's this summer one in cooler water around 60 degrees and the other will be warmer closer to 70. Trying to decide if I should get the bibs first or the speed tube. How warm is the speedtube? When do most of you think the water is to warm for the bibs? What about swimming without the top with the bibs? I heard some get drag some don't. I got big pecs from weightlifting, I'm afraid that they will push the bib straps out and create drag otherwise I'd just get the bibs.

Paying for this by selling off my collection of full suits that "work" but I just don't fell comfortable in them. I'm a slower swimmer at 1:40 per 100.

Thanks for info!

2014-03-02 5:33 PM
in reply to: steepcreeker

Subject: RE: Desoto speedtube vs bibjohn
The Speedtube is 5mm thick which is the maximum allowed. It is cut shorter on the calf area than the bibjohn and -for me- comes off easier and quicker. As for warmth, anything over 60F is not going to make one "colder" by wearing the speedtube. Make sure you have a nice Desoto cap to wear when swimming in the colder waters.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Desoto speedtube vs bibjohn Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Desoto Forza Riviera vs. TYR Carbon

Started by swim1ets
Views: 1049 Posts: 2

2011-07-27 10:21 AM Aspiring

Desoto Forza Riviera vs. TYR Carbon

Started by swim1ets
Views: 425 Posts: 1

2011-07-27 9:27 AM swim1ets

Desoto Speedtube T1 Wetsuit Bottom

Started by WaitingGuilty
Views: 629 Posts: 2

2010-07-28 3:46 PM shellabree

Bibjohn's vs Sleeveless vs. Full Wetsuits

Started by klowman
Views: 1399 Posts: 16

2009-03-31 10:34 AM JohnnyKay

Desoto first wave wetsuit 07 vs 08

Started by ouradventure
Views: 491 Posts: 1

2008-09-22 3:24 PM ouradventure
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : October 14, 2010
comments : 0
A review of the Shimano 105 vesus SRAM Rival Time Trial component group differences.
date : May 24, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussion on preventing over-rotation, free golf, strength and core training, the importance of the kick and high turnover vs low turnover.

date : April 26, 2010
author : mrakes1
Discussions on good vs bad sugars, fluid loss replacement, clean eating, the Paleo diet and are gels necessary for olympic races.
date : October 8, 2008
comments : 2
What kind of time difference would one expect in changing from a road bike with aerobars to a tri bike with aerobars over a HIM distance if using the same wheelset?

date : October 7, 2008
author : Ontherun
In part 2 of this series on mid-range fullsuits, we review the De Soto Black Pearl Bibjohn & Pullover combination for comfort, warmth, buoyancy and performance.
date : October 9, 2007
author : dr_forbush
comments : 9
The boat was being tossed around. Someone noted that there were whitecaps on the waves. Another guy said, “This is going to be challenging.” I began to wonder what he meant by 'challenging'.

date : May 1, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on periodization, tubular vs clinchers, swimming cadence, 650's vs 700's, plan priority, RAAM after double IM and swim training before race day.