in reply to: Jason N

User image

New user

Concord, NC
Subject: RE: TriDot coaching scam??
Originally posted by Jason N

Originally posted by jlshafer
Originally posted by Jason N

Could be a scam, but as long as they are accepting CC payment, then you shouldn't be liable if it's a scam.  Now if they are asking for a check, cash, bank account info, SSN, etc...then yeah...no way.

Folks, the Tridot Coach made a bad call in how he responded to the guys e-mail. He asked a far question about whether Tridot was legit or not, but at this point we should be past the 'scam' comments. I've watched at least 3 web sessions with Coach Boo and Bobby McGee (among others from TriSports, Total Immersion, etc.). These folks would never partner w/ Tridot if they weren't on the up-an-up.

Yeah...but that doesn't mean it's not possibly a scam.  If I sent you an unsolicited email to you claiming to be a well known coach, working on behalf of a well known coaching organization, and asked you to send me $500 in the form of cash, money order, or your checking account routing number...promising to give you a refund...would you do it?

There are red flags you have to be wary of on the internet.  Unsolicited emails are a huge red flag...but if you are paying with a credit card, at least you as the customer are protected.  My post about it possibly being a scam has nothing to do with TriDot or Coach Boo...it has everything to do with how the OP got in contact with them, and what type of payment they were asking for.

I agree that we all need to keep our guards up because there are plenty of dangers lurking out there on the internet. My comment was that a valid question was asked, and by now enough credible feedback has been given that I felt that the work 'scam' didn't need to be thrown about anymore. I just don't see the point in continuing to cast a cloud of doubt about this organization and tarnish their name.

2014-03-06 2:30 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL

I got curious about TriDot, fearing that they might have been unduly and unfairly criticized in this thread, so thought I'd do a bit of my own research and due diligence.  Figured if there was something to it, then it might be worthwhile to give it a try:

1.  Lots of wordy mumbo jumbo on their website, but what I got out of it was they have a proprietary (patent-pending) quant model based on data compiled from their past and current set of athletes.  Pretty "black box" stuff.  Nothing necessarily wrong with that, but still makes me wonder what I'd be buying.  One of their recurring mantras seems to be achieving more by training less.  Hey, that sounds pretty good!

2.  They criticize other "generic" coaching models, but  somehow are able to apply their broad-based quant models to individualized customized plans for clients.  Those algorithims in their black box must be pretty good.  Made me want to reach for my old linear programing textbook from college.

3.  The website has a whole page of testimonials from happy clients.  Wait, why does the guy in the first testimonial look familiar?  Oh yeah, he's also one of the TriDot coaches listed on the coaches page.  Glad he feels good enough about his product to give a testimonial about it. 

4.  You can enter your age, gender,  & S/B/R  PR's (along with your email) and for free have them calculate your "TriDot" score that somehow calculates your "AbsoluteTriathlon Fitness (compared to other Triathletes)".   Silly me, I though that was what the USAT national rankings were for.  Actually the thing didn't work for me; it must have sensed that I was only '"excited" and not "overwhelmingly excited" and culled me out of their prospect pool.

5.  I found a thread on ST from a about a year ago asking about TriDot.  Just by coincidence, four first-time posters offered up syrupy endorsements about what a great program it is.  If I was the suspicious type I might even think they were scripted responses.  Oh, and the new posters didn't list any names on their profiles and faded away in fairly short order.  How odd.

At this point I felt I had uncovered enough to satisfy my own curiousity.

Caveat emptor as they say.

Mark

Edited by RedCorvette 2014-03-06 2:32 PM
2014-03-06 2:44 PM
in reply to: RedCorvette

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by RedCorvette

5.  I found a thread on ST from a about a year ago asking about TriDot.  Just by coincidence, four first-time posters offered up syrupy endorsements about what a great program it is.  If I was the suspicious type I might even think they were scripted responses.  Oh, and the new posters didn't list any names on their profiles and faded away in fairly short order.  How odd.

I found this as well. 
"Obvious sales pitch is obvious" was my favorite comment

2014-03-06 11:03 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Master
Sendai, Japan

Hi folks.  I just noticed this thread.   I used the tridot program for two months last summer leading up to a half-iron distance race I did on Sept 1.  I am pretty sure that I received their email solicitation (same as the OP described) because of something I had signed up for with Bobby McGee.    I can agree that they have room for improvement when it comes to marketing, but they are in fact legit.     Anyway, I followed the program and then applied for and received the full refund afterwards.   There are some basic guidelines outlined in their solicitation that you have to follow to obtain the refund.  

My results from following the program were pretty positive.   I did the same race in 2012 and my improvements in 2013 were 37 minutes on the bike and 13 minutes on the run.   See "Sado Astroman" in my races log for more details if you are interested.   The fact that the swim was cancelled in 2013 probably helped my bike time a little, but I think much of the improvement resulted from the workouts specified by tridot.   They were quite intense, but manageable.  FYI:  I had previously avoided adding any intensity into my training and the tridot program gave me a good intro to adding intensity/intervals into my run and bike training.  

2014-03-07 11:25 AM
in reply to: dcon

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL

I log on to the CNBC business website this morning ( I have the PRO subscription version) and  what do I see but a banner ad for TriDot. 

What a coincidence that I just happened to have visited their website for the first time yesterday. 

I guess you can at least give them an "A" for effort for working the Web. 

Mark

2014-03-07 12:05 PM
in reply to: gotbitten

User image

Expert
Chandler, AZ
I might be on my own here, but this thread has actually piqued my interest in TriDot. (I'd never heard of them before.) I'd totally be okay with making an initial investment with the promise that, as long as I do my part, I would be reimbursed. I've never received any e-mails from these guys. (Is it my location?) Sure, "Boo's" customer service skills could be honed, but if they're legit, I'm always looking for ways to improve...I'll be a guinea pig.

If Susan, or anyone else, can provide information on how to get signed on with this deal let me know...

2014-03-07 12:48 PM
in reply to: JasenGuy

User image

Expert
Boise, ID

Originally posted by JasenGuy I might be on my own here, but this thread has actually piqued my interest in TriDot. (I'd never heard of them before.) I'd totally be okay with making an initial investment with the promise that, as long as I do my part, I would be reimbursed. I've never received any e-mails from these guys. (Is it my location?) Sure, "Boo's" customer service skills could be honed, but if they're legit, I'm always looking for ways to improve...I'll be a guinea pig. If Susan, or anyone else, can provide information on how to get signed on with this deal let me know...

Just make sure you are "overwhelmingly excited" when you contact them! 

2014-03-07 3:16 PM
in reply to: Aarondb4

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL

Originally posted by Aarondb4

Originally posted by JasenGuy I might be on my own here, but this thread has actually piqued my interest in TriDot. (I'd never heard of them before.) I'd totally be okay with making an initial investment with the promise that, as long as I do my part, I would be reimbursed. I've never received any e-mails from these guys. (Is it my location?) Sure, "Boo's" customer service skills could be honed, but if they're legit, I'm always looking for ways to improve...I'll be a guinea pig. If Susan, or anyone else, can provide information on how to get signed on with this deal let me know...

Just make sure you are "overwhelmingly excited" when you contact them! 

We've had some fun beating up TriDot.  The shame about this whole deal is that they might have a great coaching method/program, but unfortunately they turn off too many folks (myself included) with their somewhat questionable and suspicion-arousing marketing methods.   

I have all the respect in the world for Suzanne (aka AdventureBear) and if she has good things to say about them, then I take her on her word.  That tells me that there has to be something legit or credible about what they do, at least from a coaching perspective.  But at this point I don't feel like it's worth it to wade through all the marketing BS to find out.  I'm not an impulse buyer and my decision to hire a coach is going to be made on a value perception of the product, not some special limited time offer or a money back deal.  

With all due respect, I think it would be great if Coach Boo would stop by and respond directly to some the criticism or misunderstandings that might have come out of this thread. Personally I'd like to hear what he has to say. 

Mark

2014-03-07 5:54 PM

User image

Expert
Chandler, AZ
Well, I don't know if it's just coincidence or if the internet is spying on me again, but I saw a "suggested post" from TriDot on my Facebook feed (first time I'd ever heard of them besides this thread)...I submitted my inquiry and I'll let you know how it goes. Coach Boo definitely doesn't look Nigerian.

Should I post a link to this thread on the comments section of the post??
2014-03-07 7:04 PM

User image

Master
Salt Lake City

I log on to the CNBC business website this morning ( I have the PRO subscription version) and  what do I see but a banner ad for TriDot. 

What a coincidence that I just happened to have visited their website for the first time yesterday. 

Mark

This is becoming more and more common. I routinely see ads for whatever I happened to be browsing on amazon the next day when I'm reading the local news website.
2014-03-07 7:06 PM
in reply to: JZig

Originally posted by JZig

Mark

This is becoming more and more common. I routinely see ads for whatever I happened to be browsing on amazon the next day when I'm reading the local news website.

Yup. The magic of cookies. We use them at work, which means ads for my place of business follow me around in my off hours.

2014-03-07 7:09 PM
in reply to: runbugjones

User image

Pro

Originally posted by runbugjones

Mark

Yup. The magic of cookies. We use them at work, which means ads for my place of business follow me around in my off hours.

Excellent....we're back to $2 off oreos.

2014-03-07 8:20 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Master
Salt Lake City
Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by runbugjones

Mark

Excellent....we're back to $2 off oreos.

I just hope it doesn't go in reverse. I'm pretty sure I read the articles about the NJ subway upskirt guy and the teen suing her parents one after the other yesterday...
2014-03-10 12:04 PM

User image

Expert
Chandler, AZ
Well, I thought I'd bring this thread back from the dead with an update...It looks like I have been accepted. (BIG surprise, I know!!)

I do have to say, though, that the OP was a little misleading with his message and definitely did paint this as a scam by leaving out a lot of information that was included in the e-mail. The e-mail I received (and I assume the OP received as well) was very detailed (and very long) and talked specifically about what the payment was for and what they expected from you in return to receive you refund. Here are just a few excerpts that, for me at least, explained a lot about the program that the OP either didn't understand or didn't want to share with the group.

"This is NOT a free 'GIVEAWAY'. We're not offering something for nothing. We're paying you with training services for highly valuable feedback on your experience, thoughts, and perspectives related to TriDot and triathlon training in general. We've structured this program to be as simple and easy to implement as possible. No fine print here...just big, bold, and clear steps to complete. "

As someone has mentioned, the reason they're doing this...

"* TriDot: The primary reason we are conducting this initiative for a limited time is to get honest and thorough feedback from our athletes about their experience with TriDot and the mental and psychological aspects of triathlon training in general. We will be using this feedback to help us develop upcoming training for triathletes looking to maximize their training effectiveness per training hour invested. The feedback we're receiving from triathletes, coaches and other professionals is giving us invaluable insights that we were not able to get before. We are already working on new ideas based on what our athletes have shared. "

The reason they collect up front...

"First, while we anticipate every athlete in the program will join with the best of intentions, we know that in reality a few will never 'get around' to sending us their feedback. In those cases, it would be very difficult and awkward for all involved for us to try to collect fees for services rendered after the fact. Instead, we start by exchanging fees for services as is the standard process. Then, after you have completed the training and completed your feedback forms, we'll exchange feedback for fee refunds (your $261). It's as simple as that."

Now, I'm not saying that they're 100% not a scam, but had the OP included some of this information I think it wouldn't have gotten the initial response that it did on here...I will continue to update this thread or maybe start a new one sharing my experiences.

Edited by JasenGuy 2014-03-10 12:11 PM
2014-03-10 12:16 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by JasenGuy Well, I thought I'd bring this thread back from the dead with an update...It looks like I have been accepted. (BIG surprise, I know!!) I do have to say, though, that the OP was a little misleading with his message and definitely did paint this as a scam by leaving out a lot of information that was included in the e-mail. The e-mail I received (and I assume the OP received as well) was very detailed (and very long) and talked specifically about what the payment was for and what they expected from you in return to receive you refund. Here are just a few excerpts that, for me at least, explained a lot about the program that the OP either didn't understand or didn't want to share with the group. "This is NOT a free 'GIVEAWAY'. We're not offering something for nothing. We're paying you with training services for highly valuable feedback on your experience, thoughts, and perspectives related to TriDot and triathlon training in general. We've structured this program to be as simple and easy to implement as possible. No fine print here...just big, bold, and clear steps to complete. " As someone has mentioned, the reason they're doing this... "* TriDot: The primary reason we are conducting this initiative for a limited time is to get honest and thorough feedback from our athletes about their experience with TriDot and the mental and psychological aspects of triathlon training in general. We will be using this feedback to help us develop upcoming training for triathletes looking to maximize their training effectiveness per training hour invested. The feedback we're receiving from triathletes, coaches and other professionals is giving us invaluable insights that we were not able to get before. We are already working on new ideas based on what our athletes have shared. " The reason they collect up front... "First, while we anticipate every athlete in the program will join with the best of intentions, we know that in reality a few will never 'get around' to sending us their feedback. In those cases, it would be very difficult and awkward for all involved for us to try to collect fees for services rendered after the fact. Instead, we start by exchanging fees for services as is the standard process. Then, after you have completed the training and completed your feedback forms, we'll exchange feedback for fee refunds (your $261). It's as simple as that." Now, I'm not saying that they're 100% not a scam, but had the OP included some of this information I think it wouldn't have gotten the initial response that it did on here...I will continue to update this thread or maybe start a new one sharing my experiences.

Excellent!  Now the OP REALLY can't be sued for slander/libel since he actually garnered them a client.

2014-03-10 12:54 PM

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL

Originally posted by JasenGuy Well, I thought I'd bring this thread back from the dead with an update...It looks like I have been accepted. (BIG surprise, I know!!) I do have to say, though, that the OP was a little misleading with his message and definitely did paint this as a scam by leaving out a lot of information that was included in the e-mail. The e-mail I received (and I assume the OP received as well) was very detailed (and very long) and talked specifically about what the payment was for and what they expected from you in return to receive you refund. Here are just a few excerpts that, for me at least, explained a lot about the program that the OP either didn't understand or didn't want to share with the group. "This is NOT a free 'GIVEAWAY'. We're not offering something for nothing. We're paying you with training services for highly valuable feedback on your experience, thoughts, and perspectives related to TriDot and triathlon training in general. We've structured this program to be as simple and easy to implement as possible. No fine print here...just big, bold, and clear steps to complete. " As someone has mentioned, the reason they're doing this... "* TriDot: The primary reason we are conducting this initiative for a limited time is to get honest and thorough feedback from our athletes about their experience with TriDot and the mental and psychological aspects of triathlon training in general. We will be using this feedback to help us develop upcoming training for triathletes looking to maximize their training effectiveness per training hour invested. The feedback we're receiving from triathletes, coaches and other professionals is giving us invaluable insights that we were not able to get before. We are already working on new ideas based on what our athletes have shared. " The reason they collect up front... "First, while we anticipate every athlete in the program will join with the best of intentions, we know that in reality a few will never 'get around' to sending us their feedback. In those cases, it would be very difficult and awkward for all involved for us to try to collect fees for services rendered after the fact. Instead, we start by exchanging fees for services as is the standard process. Then, after you have completed the training and completed your feedback forms, we'll exchange feedback for fee refunds (your $261). It's as simple as that." Now, I'm not saying that they're 100% not a scam, but had the OP included some of this information I think it wouldn't have gotten the initial response that it did on here...I will continue to update this thread or maybe start a new one sharing my experiences.

I've never thought TriDot was actually a scam, if nothing else because of Suzanne's (AdventureBear) comments.

I am put off with what I perceive to be a lack of transparency with their actual training methods.  Yes, I've read all the comments about their proprietary and patent-pending methods, but is it hard to believe that they've got something that is truly that unique. (Just as a side note, when I worked in engineering and machine design, we usually tried to avoid patenting new ideas, because the patent process forces you to disclose how you do it; we found it was more advantageous just to enter into confidentiality agreements with our clients directly).   

The conflicts-of-interest and lack of objectivity in TriDot's testimonials also are a bit of a put off for me. 

The successful coach/client relationships that I've observed over the years are as much about the relationship as the technical coaching methods.  In the few objective reviews of TriDot that I've found, the lack of coach/client interaction seems to be the biggest negative comment (though that might also be related to the level of the program that the client contracted).

I also wonder how they can get any meaningful feedback on endurance training methods after only a couple of months.  It seems intuitve to me that you would need to look at a longer timeframe to accurately measure any true performance gains.  I think there would be too much statistical noise if you're just looking at two months of training data. 

It's the world we live in, and fair or not, folks are becoming more sensitive and suspicious of aggressive Internet marketing, especially stuff that requires you to submit credit card info up front.  I work in an industry that requires full disclosure, transparency and prohibits testimonial endorsements, so I will admit to a certain bias in that regard.  I've also not liked some of the other stuff I've seen lately from Bobby McGee, TI and others.  I've never looked at triathlon coaching as an impulse purchase, so I don't respond well to some of the "one time only" & "special price good for the next x-hours" stuff.

Just my $0.02, FWIW.

Anyway, hope it works out well for you, Jason.  Will be interested in following your progress. 

Mark

Edited by RedCorvette 2014-03-10 1:06 PM

2014-03-10 9:16 PM

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven
patent process forces you to disclose how you do it;

and so it's actually quite transparent?

Edited by AdventureBear 2014-03-10 9:16 PM
2014-03-10 9:16 PM

Originally posted by JasenGuy

Well, I thought I'd bring this thread back from the dead with an update...It looks like I have been accepted. (BIG surprise, I know!!)

I do have to say, though, that the OP was a little misleading with his message and definitely did paint this as a scam by leaving out a lot of information that was included in the e-mail. The e-mail I received (and I assume the OP received as well) was very detailed (and very long) and talked specifically about what the payment was for and what they expected from you in return to receive you refund. Here are just a few excerpts that, for me at least, explained a lot about the program that the OP either didn't understand or didn't want to share with the group.

"This is NOT a free 'GIVEAWAY'. We're not offering something for nothing. We're paying you with training services for highly valuable feedback on your experience, thoughts, and perspectives related to TriDot and triathlon training in general. We've structured this program to be as simple and easy to implement as possible. No fine print here...just big, bold, and clear steps to complete. "

As someone has mentioned, the reason they're doing this...

"* TriDot: The primary reason we are conducting this initiative for a limited time is to get honest and thorough feedback from our athletes about their experience with TriDot and the mental and psychological aspects of triathlon training in general. We will be using this feedback to help us develop upcoming training for triathletes looking to maximize their training effectiveness per training hour invested. The feedback we're receiving from triathletes, coaches and other professionals is giving us invaluable insights that we were not able to get before. We are already working on new ideas based on what our athletes have shared. "

The reason they collect up front...

"First, while we anticipate every athlete in the program will join with the best of intentions, we know that in reality a few will never 'get around' to sending us their feedback. In those cases, it would be very difficult and awkward for all involved for us to try to collect fees for services rendered after the fact. Instead, we start by exchanging fees for services as is the standard process. Then, after you have completed the training and completed your feedback forms, we'll exchange feedback for fee refunds (your $261). It's as simple as that."

Now, I'm not saying that they're 100% not a scam, but had the OP included some of this information I think it wouldn't have gotten the initial response that it did on here...I will continue to update this thread or maybe start a new one sharing my experiences.

assume away, but that is NOT the email I received. This one actually explains the program rather than telling me "free!" coaching, just $7, uh, and then there is that other $254, and it's actually not free, you get your money back after the fact - perhaps they made changes after reading this thread then sent your email, or perhaps you work for Boo or are Boo, but I assure you, I did not leave out things they said because I "didn't want to or didn't understand"

also, my OP did not say, WATCH OUT PEOPLE!!! THEY ARE A SCAM!!!, it said, hey, is this a scam? whatever, the accusations of libel, slander, stupidity and accusing me of hiding the ball by the Boo bridage tells me all I need to know.

but if at the end of the day, Boo, or you, or the both you and everyone else Boo related changed the email they are sending, then God Bless You and God Bless Us All. Now, on to World Peace

2014-03-10 9:19 PM
in reply to: dcon

Originally posted by dcon

Hi folks.  I just noticed this thread.   I used the tridot program for two months last summer leading up to a half-iron distance race I did on Sept 1.  I am pretty sure that I received their email solicitation (same as the OP described) because of something I had signed up for with Bobby McGee.    I can agree that they have room for improvement when it comes to marketing, but they are in fact legit.     Anyway, I followed the program and then applied for and received the full refund afterwards.   There are some basic guidelines outlined in their solicitation that you have to follow to obtain the refund.  

My results from following the program were pretty positive.   I did the same race in 2012 and my improvements in 2013 were 37 minutes on the bike and 13 minutes on the run.   See "Sado Astroman" in my races log for more details if you are interested.   The fact that the swim was cancelled in 2013 probably helped my bike time a little, but I think much of the improvement resulted from the workouts specified by tridot.   They were quite intense, but manageable.  FYI:  I had previously avoided adding any intensity into my training and the tridot program gave me a good intro to adding intensity/intervals into my run and bike training.  

hey, thanks for the great feedback. now this is what I was looking for - not some crazy vehemence saying how dare you ask that question. Had this been the response, I most likely would have sent in my $261.

glad it worked out for you
2014-03-11 9:58 AM
in reply to: AdventureBear

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL

Originally posted by AdventureBear
Originally posted by RedCorvette patent process forces you to disclose how you do it;
and so it's actually quite transparent?

Yep, already read it.  

Mark

2014-03-11 11:10 AM

Wow. What a thread! I'm Coach Boo, founder of TriDot.

Sorry on being slow to engage in the discussion. I've been consumed for the past 5 days with my pro team camp and returned to catch up on emails and found tons of athletes directing me to this discussion.

I see it's been a lively discussion with a lot of tangents. To address the original question, of course TriDot is not a scam.

As the more recent posters have noted, this is a free-for-feedback program for qualified athletes...not a free-for-nothing. We need athletes to actually do the training and provide feedback. Qualification details are clearly listed in writing up front. Program feedback requirements are provided to athlete prior to starting. The purpose of the pay then rebate structure is fully explained.

We also start all athletes with a 7-day trial for $7. During this time, the athlete gains full access to the website and support site, has a phone call with a Training Advisor, selects a coach, has a phone call with their coach, and has ALL their questions answered prior to continuing. They have the option at that point of bailing out and having even the $7 refunded. This is also explained fully in the materials prior to the athlete starting or paying anything.

Every athlete who's been accepted into the program has all of this in writing before committing to anything.

To those who are new to triathlon or maybe just new to TriDot, you can check everything out on our site. I lead a very public life. I'm regularly a featured coach on large web events with other top coaches. I've been invited with multiple of my elite athletes to work at the Olympic Training Center in COS. I formerly had a Top Secret clearance when working in Military Intelligence with the US Army '93-'03. Check out my linked in profile for my corporate resume building/leading multimilllion dollar companies prior to TriDot.

We have about 20 coaches listed on our website. All of them are amazing coaches, athletes, and people. About half of them are current professional triathletes and the rest are top age-groupers. You'll see at races across the country. I know that they'd love to chat with you personally if you have questions about TriDot. Look them up.

I know that there will always be people who slam, smear, and accuse others unjustly. That's just the world we live in. Part of the beauty of our FFF program is that it weeds those people out. Someone who draws conclusions without facts or has serious reasoning or trust issues will likely not follow a training plan very well, be coachable, provide meaningful feedback, etc...

Generally, all of the athletes that work with TriDot are sensible and reasoned people who respect others. They provide brutally honest feedback, but do so respectfully and constructively.

That's awesome for us. Feedback we received this past year has led to some fantastic enhancements in the system that we'd never know to address without this program.

Our customer service has always been praised...looks like one exception was my response to the athlete in this thread. My apologies for that. It didn't come across as I intended. I'll be more careful with my wording. This was my fault and not our onboarding team or training advisors. They rock!

I'm not sure when that happened, but we onboarded 220 athletes in early January alone. Sometimes in haste, I may unintentionally offend someone. Seems that in this case I've done that. (Thanks for the feedback! I'll do better.) In the situation mentioned, we just don't want athletes to move forward if they're not 100% ready. We go to great lengths to provide testimonials, answer questions, demo site, give preview access, etc... If an athlete is not assured and at peace after all that, then they likely won't be. That's fine. We just want to acknowledge that and move on.

I know that the OP wasn't looking to ask me if TriDot was on the up and up. But seeing all the dialog, I thought I'd chime in.

I'm sure that I'll get a barrage of responses by critics. If anyone meets the criteria for the program, we'd love to have you. If you're not interested, I wish you nothing but the best this season and beyond! yes...the critics too!

Train hard. Train smart!

2014-03-11 11:16 AM
in reply to: coachboo

User image

Elite

Originally posted by coachboo Wow. What a thread! I'm Coach Boo, founder of TriDot. S

Of the athletes that begin the program, what percentage  complete it successfully and receive the rebate?

TW

2014-03-11 12:33 PM

User image

Expert
Chandler, AZ
Originally posted by gotbitten

assume away, but that is NOT the email I received. This one actually explains the program rather than telling me "free!" coaching, just $7, uh, and then there is that other $254, and it's actually not free, you get your money back after the fact - perhaps they made changes after reading this thread then sent your email, or perhaps you work for Boo or are Boo, but I assure you, I did not leave out things they said because I "didn't want to or didn't understand"...

LOL...I wish I were Boo. He sounds a lot faster than me!!
2014-03-11 12:48 PM

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL

Coach Boo,

Weclome to BT!  Glad you posted to clarify things.  Taking ownership of a situation, whether or not it was unintentional or just a misunderstanding, definitely goes to character so I applaud you for that.

It is always refreshing to see a business owner who is passionate about their product.  I'm glad that has translated to successful relationships with many of your clients.

While some of the comments on this thread may have been bit unfair, I do think there were some legitimate questions raised.   Some have been answered and some have not.

Any relationship, including that between a coach and athlete, requires an investment from both parties, and not every relationship is going to be a good fit.  That's why due diligence on both sides is not a bad thing. 

I do think that your comment  "I know that there will always be people who slam, smear, and accuse others unjustly.  That's just the world we live in.  Part of the beauty of our FFF program is that it weeds those people out.  Someone who draws conclusions without facts or has serious reasoning or trust issues will likely not follow a training plan very well, be coachable, provide meaningful feedback, etc..."  may have been a bit harsh and judgemental.  Not every athlete who doesn't fit your FFF is going to be uncoachable, unable to follow a plan, or unable to provide meaningful feedback on their training.  Different strokes for different folks. 

Again, thanks for taking the time to post, and good luck in all your endeavors.

Mark

Edited by RedCorvette 2014-03-11 12:49 PM
2014-03-11 1:00 PM

User image

Pro

Nigerian "new poster" scam. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TriDot coaching scam?? Rss Feed  

of 5

RELATED POSTS

Thoughts on Tridot Training Program

Started by dawgchase
Views: 2936 Posts: 3

2013-03-26 4:57 PM BigTuna

Tridot/TI Swimming Webinar

Started by kingofbanff
Views: 2541 Posts: 11

2012-12-14 4:55 PM vonschnapps

I think this is a scam but... Pages: 1 2

Started by JungleDoc
Views: 2365 Posts: 30

2007-03-27 12:08 PM ironman2010

Incredible deal or scam?

Started by TH3_FRB
Views: 1322 Posts: 18

2005-05-19 10:06 AM ODogg

Can you say Scam?

Started by Kupe du Monde
Views: 1266 Posts: 7

2005-03-17 3:41 PM B-One
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 15, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
comments : 0
This month we talk with gsmacleod, aka Coach Shane MacLeod on his coaching philosophy, his approach to gadgets, training plans, missed workouts and strength training.

date : September 14, 2008
author : Team BT
Receive online triathlon coaching via our forums, personal coaching through an affiliated coach or nutrition coaching from our certified nutritionist.
comments : 2
Details on how athletes can connect with registered BT coaches for training plans and personal triathlon coaching.

comments : 1
Details on how to use the 'Coaching System' to coach your athletes.
date : January 1, 2006
author : mikericci
"I don't want someone telling me what to do" or "What if I don't like the workouts?" or "What if we don't get along?" These are important questions to ask as you interview your coach.

date : January 1, 2006
author : acbadger
Individuals are just that, individuals and need individual programs. However, with a group the size of yours, it may be difficult for your coaches to do 25 individual workouts.
date : September 4, 2004
author : Daniel Clout
How to choose a coach? A summary of three 'types' of coaches and the pros and cons of each.

date : August 31, 2004
author : Tri Swim Coach
Kevin Koskella of www.TriSwimCoach.com gives his introduction on how he became a swim coach.