General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Knights of Sufferlandria Challenge! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-03-11 7:53 AM

User image

Pro
Wallingford, PA
Subject: Knights of Sufferlandria Challenge!
Sufferfest fans - if any of you are in the greater Philadelphia area, I wanted to share info on an upcoming fundraiser you might be interested in.

On April 27, we will be running a "KNIGHTS OF SUFFERLANDRIA CHALLENGE" at Inner Drive Fitness in Newtown Square, PA. We'll be riding 10 Sufferfest videos back-to-back, allowing riders to achieve the coveted title of KNIGHT OF SUFFERLANDRIA.

If you're not up for the full 10 video challenge, you can still join in the fun by riding with us for 1, 3, 5, or 7 of the videos, or form a team and divide the challenge up among your team mates. Riders will have the option to use one of our spin bikes, or to bring their own bike & trainer (we will have several loaner trainers available if you don't have one).

Funds raised will go to the Colon Cancer Coalition's Caregiver Support Fund, which provides financial support to families and caregivers of colorectal cancer patients. If you've ever had a loved one or family member diagnosed with cancer (or other disease), you understand the kind of emotional and financial stress that families often endure. The Caregiver fund provides grants to families to help cover unexpected expenses, help pay for a family get-away, cover grief counseling expenses, or other financial needs identified by affected families.

Event registration is here, and the main fundraising page is here. We're also looking for event sponsors and volunteers - so feel free to PM me if you're interested in either.

Finally, if you'd like a little more detail on the event, check out this blog post.

Thank you!

(p.s. also posted in Tri Talk - hope you all don't mind the cross-posting....)

2014-04-22 7:00 AM
in reply to: jsnowash

User image

Pro
Wallingford, PA
Subject: RE: Knights of Sufferlandria Challenge!
The challenge is ON this Sunday! We have several riders attempting full Knighthood status - YOU could be one too! Or come and join us for part of the day to keep our Knights company on their quest and support a good cause in the process.

See the schedule of videos and sign up here: http://bit.ly/1ctTB7z

(bike-joust-karl-addison.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
bike-joust-karl-addison.jpg (86KB - 0 downloads)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Knights of Sufferlandria Challenge! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Hyner Challenge

Started by TheClaaaw
Views: 1403 Posts: 3

2013-04-23 12:51 PM TheClaaaw

Hyner Challenge

Started by TheClaaaw
Views: 1558 Posts: 4

2012-02-23 1:37 PM TheClaaaw

A Local Challenge Series for SE Pennsylvania

Started by Gday
Views: 800 Posts: 3

2011-07-16 6:09 PM Gday

anyone doing the Miss Flynn challenge 8/9 in bucks county

Started by Joe_h
Views: 762 Posts: 1

2009-08-04 11:55 AM Joe_h

Rothrock Challenge - 18.6 mile trail run, June 7th

Started by JoeBWan
Views: 1738 Posts: 1

2009-03-26 5:40 AM JoeBWan
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 14, 2008
author : dr_forbush
comments : 0
In addition to writing your race number on each upper arm, they also wrote your age on your calf. This allowed me to see who was passing me by in the bike section of this race.

date : November 28, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Question and answers on swimming strength challenges, is kicking important, 'runners kick' with ankle inflexibility and the usefulness of fins, pool buoys and paddles.
date : October 9, 2007
author : dr_forbush
comments : 9
The boat was being tossed around. Someone noted that there were whitecaps on the waves. Another guy said, “This is going to be challenging.” I began to wonder what he meant by 'challenging'.

date : July 10, 2007
author : Ontherun
Having three seasons under my belt I thought I knew what I was doing. That all changed with a few new challenges and a bunch of new friends.
date : January 7, 2007
author : Ontherun
comments : 4
We were all there once, a beginner. Time to take the challenge and help a beginner triathlete!

date : January 29, 2006
author : lv2teach
comments : 1
It’s a challenge to push yourself a little harder and a little further. Be proud of every workout that is accomplished and every step-even the baby ones-that you take on this course to the finishline.
date : November 27, 2005
author : AMSSM
Try to view your injury as another athletic challenge and an opportunity for personal learning and growth. Identify the skills that help you succeed as an athlete.

date : September 3, 2005
author : infosteward
The Boulder Peak bike course is legendary. It is, literally and named as such, one of the toughest bike legs in the country.