General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Going to try Tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-03-12 7:16 PM

User image

Subject: Going to try Tri
Hello Everyone,

My name is Carey. I am a 50 year old firefighter going to give triathalon a shot for staying fit. I have stayed in shape for my profession and I am now looking to expand my fitness horizon. I have always been in awe of the Ironman Competitors and their dedication to their training. I love cycling and did some Cat 5 racing years ago, and still love riding long distances as well as rides over what hills we have here in PA. I am a weak swimmer and my run definately needs work too! My goal is simply to do events and survive their challenge. Wish me luck!!

Carey

2014-03-13 8:36 AM
in reply to: carey459

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Subject: RE: Going to try Tri

Welcome Cary and Good Luck. I hope your goals are met and that BT proves to be a good resource for you. Enjoy the journey!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Going to try Tri Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Finally going to try the TRI

Started by CTNewbie
Views: 1032 Posts: 5

2011-07-09 4:31 PM CTNewbie

Going to give this a try

Started by michicks
Views: 719 Posts: 2

2010-08-10 6:22 PM jpf5911

New and I am a mom going to try for first Ironman

Started by stephaniebaldwin
Views: 1730 Posts: 10

2010-07-06 10:14 AM Mrschach

Intro: Ex - Runner trying a Tri

Started by David Rojas
Views: 1150 Posts: 2

2012-03-20 11:17 AM jtriathlete

I'm gonna Try a Tri

Started by Dash
Views: 1523 Posts: 12

2003-06-13 5:01 PM Dar
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 0
Feeling blah? Tempted to miss a workout? Here are some practices as well as on-the-spot tricks to get you into your workouts when you're just not feeling it.

date : March 9, 2010
author : Nancy Clark
"I'm 'good' at breakfast and lunch, but after I get home from the gym at night, I end up devouring everything in sight. On weekends, my eating is even crazier." Sound familiar?
date : April 22, 2009
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
I got a new pair of the same size / brand of shoes and started running on them. On my left foot, the toe next to the big toe starts to get a little painful and goes numb after the first 1-3 miles.

date : December 19, 2008
author : AMSSM
My right knee has a pain in the front, just below the kneecap. I walked 24 miles of IM Louisville. No pain while walking but it started immediately when trying to run.
date : November 19, 2007
author : CyndiPPF
So here I was, a hard-working, respectable, just-turned-forty-six-year-old, who never considered herself athletic, lining up in my swim cap and goggles for my first triathlon.

date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.
date : July 17, 2005
author : Iron MaYden
comments : 8
What to wear under the wetsuit? What to wear for the bike and the run? Good thing someone invented the wonderful trisuit, to which we’ve become accustomed. It’s supposed to make our lives so simple.

date : May 16, 2005
author : DominiqueL
Enter the new TYR X-Sight goggles. The X-Sights have been designed with a flexible nose bridge that (surprise, surprise) is shaped like an “X”.