General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First Time Tri - Lobsterman Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-03-19 8:19 AM

Subject: First Time Tri - Lobsterman
Hi all! I just moved to Portland and am getting started training for the lobsterman Oly distance in September. I am coming off of some winter inactivity and am a little pokey, and this is my first triathalon. I have done a few half marathons, and trained for the NYC marathon twice, but was thwarted -- first by Sandy then by an ankle injury, so I am giving up on the long distance for now. . . I'm an okay swimmer (never competitive) and need to get my hands on my own bike soon (sad to have left bikeshare behind, one of the few things I miss about NY!).

I would love to meet up for indoor (or outdoor, once spring actually shows up!) training/ strategy/ advice and beer sessions!

2014-03-19 5:19 PM
in reply to: Caseyelizabeth

User image

Veteran
Kennebunkport, Qatar
Subject: RE: First Time Tri - Lobsterman
Welcome to Maine!
It would be a little far, but if you are willing the Kennebunk beach triathlon club does Monday group swims at a local pond, if and when the ice breaks, and then once it warms up at the local beach for ocean swims. On Thursdays we do mini tris that start at the beach. It is a great bunch of people of all levels and a great group to train with. I am sure there are some around the Portland area that would be willing to get together for workouts.

http://kennebunkbeachtriathlonclub.com/uniforms.html

2014-03-19 7:59 PM
in reply to: Caseyelizabeth

User image

Veteran
welcome to Maine. And welcome to tri's. The Lobsterman is a tough one - it's kind of hilly. I live five minutes from there and swim in Winslow Park (where it's held) all the time in the summer, belong to the Casco Bay Y and ride in the area. So, if you have any questions, want to grab a beer sometime..send me a message with your contact information.

Chris
2014-03-25 1:04 PM
in reply to: Mountaindan

Thanks!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First Time Tri - Lobsterman Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Lobsterman or Pumpkinman Tri

Started by MRDAVIDALEXANDER
Views: 2119 Posts: 4

2010-04-25 12:40 PM manfarr1974

The Lobsterman Triathlon : Official Thread

Started by MikeJ
Views: 3371 Posts: 8

2009-09-18 1:18 PM hinderksrk

Lobsterman Tri Details

Started by laddheath34
Views: 1188 Posts: 2

2009-06-14 6:30 PM laddheath34

Weather for Lobsterman

Started by MikeJ
Views: 1260 Posts: 5

2007-09-19 10:40 AM Kurt P.

Lobsterman

Started by Angeb
Views: 1575 Posts: 6

2006-09-27 12:47 PM trukweaz
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 13, 2010
author : kcowart
comments : 11
I have always been an athlete, growing up playing team sports like basketball and soccer. I also ran in a couple of 10K races every year, so I had no reason to worry about running a 5K...right?

date : April 1, 2008
author : trvw
comments : 0
The challenge? The accomplishment? I want to do this because it is an opportunity to live life. The event is an indoor sprint triathlon. I get to experience the challenge on a safer scale.
date : October 9, 2007
author : She-Ra
comments : 12
I never imagined that 350 yards broken down into 7 REALLY long lanes would be so big! I gasped out loud and told Grady that maybe I had underestimated the swim.

date : April 11, 2007
author : Snoball
California 1/2 Ironman: The run was my biggest fear. Prior to training, I had never run more than two miles at any given time.
date : February 7, 2007
author : Angie M
comments : 4
In the past 18 months, I have delivered two babies, had meningitis, broken my pelvis, had two surgeries, worked full time, AND completed my first triathlon!

date : January 30, 2006
author : acbadger
I am totally out of shape. I haven't worked out in over 2 years. I want to get back into it. I am facing several challenges including time constraints and being over weight.
date : January 30, 2006
author : acbadger
Should I have time goals for the first sprint? Should I just finish the race at a reasonable pace? I'm not sure how to approach this.

date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.