General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Total immersion DvD Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-03-20 10:37 AM

User image

Subject: Total immersion DvD
I have been looking at gettting one of the TI swimming Dvds. I cant make up my mind which one though.....Perpetual motion freestyle in ten lessons or Freestyle made easy. Anyone have one or both of these that can give me some input on which one or if its even worth it.

2014-03-20 10:46 AM
in reply to: AkABuzz

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven
Subject: RE: Total immersion DvD
Originally posted by AkABuzz

I have been looking at gettting one of the TI swimming Dvds. I cant make up my mind which one though.....Perpetual motion freestyle in ten lessons or Freestyle made easy. Anyone have one or both of these that can give me some input on which one or if its even worth it.

Perpetual motion freestyle in 10 easy lessons is more current, and is what we base the most recent coach trianings on. Terry has developed even more recent stuff than what's in there, but I still base most of my freestyle lessons on that DVD.

For the cost of the DVD, you couldn't even get a single swim lesson from most coaches, so it's well worth it. use "coachsuzanne" and get 10% off in checkout.
2014-03-20 11:35 AM
in reply to: AdventureBear

User image

Wow thanks for the quick response adventurebear. I think I'll go with the perpetual motion one then since its more current. Thanks again and
thanks for the discount code
2014-03-20 12:05 PM
in reply to: AkABuzz

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven
Originally posted by AkABuzz

Wow thanks for the quick response adventurebear. I think I'll go with the perpetual motion one then since its more current. Thanks again and
thanks for the discount code

There is also a free companion PDF guide that you can download if it's not sent to you automatically. Be sure ot get that as well.

Sometimes listening to the DVD can get a little boring depending on how much you are ready to "do" vs "see". but there is really a lot of knowledge & experience tied up in each lesson, so even when you've mastered one step, go back and listen, i still learn things from it, even from the simplest drill.

ONe other tip, you do not have to go from 1 drill to the next in order and avoid whole stroke. What we teach in clinics currently is to do the drill for 4-8 repeats one 1 pushoff or 1 breath, then drill to a few strokes (4-6) with no breathing, then drill to stroke with 1 breath & finally swim a 25 & repeat 25s or increase as you feel comfortable with the skill or feeling from the drill. This way you won't get "stuck" in drilling only mode.

Feel free to integrate the lessons however they suit you best.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Total immersion DvD Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Total Immersion DVD's

Started by homerunner
Views: 789 Posts: 8

2009-06-20 10:43 AM angrypuppy

Total Immersion DVD PSA

Started by Aviator1596
Views: 2585 Posts: 21

2008-06-10 2:24 PM Zeriman

Which Total Immersion book/dvd?

Started by rxman
Views: 740 Posts: 3

2008-02-13 7:02 PM lkagop

Total Immersion Dvd????

Started by skipg
Views: 1627 Posts: 9

2007-12-07 11:17 AM cityplannerx

Total Immersion DVD

Started by ChuckyFinster
Views: 567 Posts: 3

2004-07-23 7:13 PM zagagirl
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 11, 2009
author : Total Immersion
comments : 1
In this third part, Terry Laughlin discusses how to achieve an optimal freestyle stroke and what drills go into developing a good stroke.

date : July 7, 2009
comments : 0
Work less to swim better. Part two of this video series covers the principles of active streamlining to swim faster with less effort.
date : May 6, 2009
Work less to swim better. Part one of this video series covers the philosophy of Total Immersion swimming and looks at some common freestyle swimming misconceptions.

date : October 4, 2007
author : AdamA
comments : 4
I was passing others who were saying, "Good job, 587" (that was my race number). People were cheering me on. These were the nicest people I have ever been around!
date : June 11, 2007
comments : 3
Most of those thinking about tackling a long swim instinctively feel it’s necessary to Do much to build endurance - more yards, harder laps. But a focus on Receiving is ideal for long distances.

date : March 5, 2006
author : Ingrid Loos
Good memories are crucial to your success in the water. Trying to swim laps before you are comfortable in the water is likely to reinforce your anxiety, so avoid the white-knuckle approach.
date : September 19, 2004
Increasing your energy efficiency even modestly -- from, say, 3% to 4% -- can translate into a 33% improvement in your swimming.

date : August 31, 2004
author : Tri Swim Coach
Kevin Koskella of www.TriSwimCoach.com gives his introduction on how he became a swim coach.