General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Fraser or Trishop Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-04-02 4:26 PM

Subject: Fraser or Trishop
Morning all

I need to take my bike in for a few things, spring tune up, new tires, some Xlab stuff and changing my bar shifters. I bought it at Fraser and have no complaints. I see the adds for Trishop and am curious. Both places are a long drive for me, about 150 miles round trip.
So those of you that live down that way and frequent these places, any preference?

Edited by Puppetmaster 2014-04-02 4:27 PM

2014-04-03 9:31 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Fraser or Trishop
I would take it to Fraser. I race for their team, and have been a customer for several years.

Now, I'm not the most mechanical type (as in I'm a nightmare!) and they have ALWAYS been awesome to me. When I first started training there, I was racing for a different team. They have always treated me like a rock star INCLUDING when I wore another teams colors. I just think the gang there are top notch. For example, my 4 year old power tap is being serviced right now due to leg work by the shop's peeps. No worries...all handled by Fraser. That's what I love about this place.

I can't comment about Trishop. I'm sure they are fine, but I KNOW what I'm getting at Fraser...top notch tri wrenches, awesome service, attention to detail, all my stupid questions answered with out even a giggle. Well, usually with out a giggle

Just my .02!

Edited by TrishM 2014-04-03 9:32 AM
2014-04-08 5:11 PM
in reply to: Puppetmaster

User image

Veteran
Grass Lake, MI
Just to throw one more name into the mix. There is always Two Wheel Tango in Ann Arbor.
2014-05-15 8:20 AM
in reply to: Puppetmaster

User image

My personal opinion is The Tri Shop. I used to live on the east side and Fraser was convenient, but I have been buying stuff from Scott and Tom since they opened in 2011.

I have nothing against Fraser, but Scott and Tom from The Tri Shop specialize in our passion. Scott used to wrench for the US Cycling team during multiple Tour de France races. Can't really argue with that resume. Regardless, I think you would get great service at either one, but, I personally would go with the more specialized provider.

Here is a clip from their website:

The Tri Shop was founded by industry veteran Scott Parr, who was a top pro cycling team mechanic in Europe for many years, completing the Tour de France and other big Europeantours and classics multiple times. Parr is also the author of Tales From The Toolbox (Velo Press, 1997) and founded The Tri Shop in 2011.

Hope this helps.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Fraser or Trishop Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Trishop and road problems

Started by Puppetmaster
Views: 516 Posts: 2

2014-03-12 11:32 AM AkABuzz

Press Release: New TriShop In Livonia, MI

Started by Ron
Views: 1687 Posts: 1

2014-02-06 9:47 AM Ron