General Discussion Triathlon Talk » DanielG and other B2B'ers Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-04-10 12:55 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: DanielG and other B2B'ers
Daniel and others who have raced Beach 2 Battleship:

I will be participating in this year's (2014) full distance race - my first My 3 kids and wife will be coming to watch. Can anyone recommend a good, nice, conveniently located (relative to race ) place to stay? In your opinion, was the race spectator friendly? Any viewing location tips? How is the town of Wilmington - are there things to entertain the family in the days before/after the race?

Thanks to all in advance for your insight.

2014-04-10 1:37 PM
in reply to: 90min2iron

User image

Elite
N Carolina
Subject: RE: DanielG and other B2B'ers
In my opinion, the best place to stay is the Best Western (Nutt Street, I believe). It is very convenient to Finish, T2, Packet Pickup & Expo. In fact, if you get a room on the river side, you can watch the athletes begin the run course from your room.

A close second would be the Hilton Downtown, which is typically the Host Hotel. I personally like to avoid the host hotel at my races. YMMV.
2014-04-10 8:29 PM
in reply to: japarker24

User image

Regular
Washington, DC
I did the half last year. I think the Hilton is definitely the easiest logistically -- I'm in again this year for the half and will be staying at the Hilton. We stayed at a lovely little place called the Graystone Inn last year...the owner is also a triathlete and races the half every year. It was considerably more costly than a hotel, though.

I definitely recommend staying in Wilmington and NOT Wrightsville Beach...it was so so easy to finish the race and walk easily to the hotel.
2014-04-14 3:08 PM
in reply to: meggfishy

User image

Regular
Clermont, Florida
Second the Hilton. Done B2B full twice, the first time stayed at the Hampton Inn closer to T1 than T2. Second time stayed at the Hilton. Both times with the old course where the finish was at Battleship Park. Much easier, at the Hilton, bus to beach/T1 leaves right from the front door. Walking distance to the convention center and downtown. If you can spare the bucks upgrade to a suite for your family.

All kinds of things to do in town as well as at the beach. Incredible amount of history, and the walking tours are great (according to my wife). She especially enjoyed a haunted pub crawl and a tour of historic homes with a history of hauntings. Visit the North Carolina as well.

Mostly, enjoy the race - IMHO one of the best full races around.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » DanielG and other B2B'ers Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Multisports vs Mark Allen vs Bt vs others IM training

Started by timebaron
Views: 2448 Posts: 20

2008-04-10 3:49 PM timebaron