General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Nice Guy Cop Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-04-17 9:54 AM

User image

St Catharines, Ontario
Subject: Nice Guy Cop
Right in the middle of my cycle commute this morning there are major road works at a very busy intersection in town.

Due to the traffic lights being off there was a cop directing traffic and the expected snarl up of him managing a 4 way stop during rush hour.

When I got to the junction on my bike he stopped all 4 traffic lanes and waved me through! I immediately got priority while all the cars had to wait. He gave me a big smile so I guess he is a cyclist himself.

Pays to live right!

2014-04-17 10:14 AM
in reply to: badmo77a

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Nice Guy Cop

Originally posted by badmo77a Right in the middle of my cycle commute this morning there are major road works at a very busy intersection in town. Due to the traffic lights being off there was a cop directing traffic and the expected snarl up of him managing a 4 way stop during rush hour. When I got to the junction on my bike he stopped all 4 traffic lanes and waved me through! I immediately got priority while all the cars had to wait. He gave me a big smile so I guess he is a cyclist himself. Pays to live right!

He was probably just happy to be able to hold everyone else up.    When you stand out there for a few hours taking crap from everybody who is in a big friggin hurry it's fun to have a reason to make them all wait at once.  It's the small paybacks that make the job fun.

2014-04-17 10:37 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

St Catharines, Ontario
Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by badmo77a Right in the middle of my cycle commute this morning there are major road works at a very busy intersection in town. Due to the traffic lights being off there was a cop directing traffic and the expected snarl up of him managing a 4 way stop during rush hour. When I got to the junction on my bike he stopped all 4 traffic lanes and waved me through! I immediately got priority while all the cars had to wait. He gave me a big smile so I guess he is a cyclist himself. Pays to live right!

He was probably just happy to be able to hold everyone else up.    When you stand out there for a few hours taking crap from everybody who is in a big friggin hurry it's fun to have a reason to make them all wait at once.  It's the small paybacks that make the job fun.

I made sure to thank him!
2014-04-17 10:39 AM
in reply to: badmo77a

User image

Expert
description contradicts the position
2014-04-17 1:12 PM
in reply to: ajusf16

User image

Denver, CO

Nice balance to the jerks out there who hit cyclists and gripe about the damage to their cars or try to run cyclists off the road.  And a really cool way to start your day!

2014-04-17 1:25 PM

+1

2014-04-17 2:06 PM

User image

Master
Crab Cake City

Yeah pretty much Although I hate doing traffic control outside during a big rain or snow storm..That is more miserable then 3hrs on the trainer lol
2014-04-17 5:15 PM

User image

Absolutely! The amount of crap we get when drivers don't get their way... In the same situation, I would have done the same thing.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Nice Guy Cop Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Cops ticketing bikers Pages: 1 2

Started by asj10
Views: 2232 Posts: 41

2010-05-17 2:13 PM pdbman

From now on I will have a cop in my pace line

Started by Spleen
Views: 1340 Posts: 14

2010-01-27 10:44 AM veganerd

Thanks to the nice guys!

Started by cmbcwb3
Views: 514 Posts: 2

2007-06-15 2:32 PM TBZ

got burned being the nice guy

Started by chi-fire
Views: 1037 Posts: 10

2007-06-15 7:04 PM yaqui

Top Cop Challenge............

Started by JaWaLav
Views: 1059 Posts: 8

2004-02-09 10:28 PM snikpos
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 24, 2012
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 3
I didn’t used to like to run slow. You begin to recalibrate your needs and wants and if-only you could jog an easy two miles, three times per week. Running is a gift.

date : October 3, 2004
author : scuba-punk
comments : 0
He looked at us and flat out told us that he wouldn't accept any of us as his students at a technical diving level with the poor level of physical fitness we had.
date : August 31, 2004
author : malvey
comments : 0
Get inspired to race a triathlon even if your older.