General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Great Experience - Luke's Locker in The Woodlands Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-04-23 10:06 AM

User image

Veteran
The Woodlands, TX
Subject: Great Experience - Luke's Locker in The Woodlands
I've been doing a lot of trail runs this year, and bought a pair of Hoka Stinson Trail shoes specifically to use as a "trail race shoe". I bought them in early November, and have wore them a total of 7-times.......two training runs to make sure they fit okay, then a total of five races. For the 7-outings, the shoes had just over 220 miles on them.....about 85% on trails, the remainder on concrete. Overall, the uppers and the soles looked like they were in great shape. I really like these shoes and have been very pleased with them this winter.

After a race at the beginning of the April, I saw that the front of the mid-sole on one shoe was split. The section where the sole upturns in front of the shoe toe-box was loose, due to a split through the foam in the mid-sole, down about an inch or so. The split was real jagged and irregular, and went all the way across the front of the shoe.

I was a little ticked off, as the shoes were $170 (without tax) and I really expected them to last as race shoes for a couple years. I know shoes don't last forever, but I kind of thought a "trail" shoe should be a little more rugged than a standard shoe. After listening to me complain for a week, my wife suggested I take them into Luke Locker (where I bought them) and see what they'd say.

I did that on Monday. Luke's has a 30-day return policy, which I was obviously way past, but they exchanged them for a new pair anyway. In addition, the MSRP of the shoes has dropped $10 from when I bought them, so they also gave me a $10 store credit.

This really went above and beyond what I was expecting. I know I'm always quick to complain about poor service and retail experiences, so I though a mention when a store goes above and beyond was appropriate!

THANKS LUKE'S LOCKER!

2014-04-23 9:23 PM
in reply to: g_shotts

User image

Pearland,Tx
Subject: RE: Great Experience - Luke's Locker in The Woodlands
Originally posted by g_shotts

I've been doing a lot of trail runs this year, and bought a pair of Hoka Stinson Trail shoes specifically to use as a "trail race shoe". I bought them in early November, and have wore them a total of 7-times.......two training runs to make sure they fit okay, then a total of five races. For the 7-outings, the shoes had just over 220 miles on them.....about 85% on trails, the remainder on concrete. Overall, the uppers and the soles looked like they were in great shape. I really like these shoes and have been very pleased with them this winter.

After a race at the beginning of the April, I saw that the front of the mid-sole on one shoe was split. The section where the sole upturns in front of the shoe toe-box was loose, due to a split through the foam in the mid-sole, down about an inch or so. The split was real jagged and irregular, and went all the way across the front of the shoe.

I was a little ticked off, as the shoes were $170 (without tax) and I really expected them to last as race shoes for a couple years. I know shoes don't last forever, but I kind of thought a "trail" shoe should be a little more rugged than a standard shoe. After listening to me complain for a week, my wife suggested I take them into Luke Locker (where I bought them) and see what they'd say.

I did that on Monday. Luke's has a 30-day return policy, which I was obviously way past, but they exchanged them for a new pair anyway. In addition, the MSRP of the shoes has dropped $10 from when I bought them, so they also gave me a $10 store credit.

This really went above and beyond what I was expecting. I know I'm always quick to complain about poor service and retail experiences, so I though a mention when a store goes above and beyond was appropriate!

THANKS LUKE'S LOCKER!

Thanks for the feedback G... i will miss lukes locker after moving out The Woodlands Area
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Great Experience - Luke's Locker in The Woodlands Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Lukes Locker - Allen

Started by bradleyd3
Views: 858 Posts: 1

2010-01-17 8:11 PM bradleyd3

Total Triathlon Night @ Luke's in Fort Worth

Started by j-squared
Views: 773 Posts: 1

2009-03-04 8:58 PM j-squared

Luke's Locker and Zoot Wetsuit Demo Day

Started by Big_D
Views: 766 Posts: 1

2009-03-03 2:53 PM Big_D

Torbjorn Sindballe at Fort Worth Luke's!

Started by JeepFleeb
Views: 1430 Posts: 6

2008-11-13 6:25 PM Shermbelle

Luke's Locker-The Woodlands

Started by devo27
Views: 956 Posts: 7

2008-02-29 1:57 PM b_julien
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 14, 2004
author : Andrea
comments : 0
I'm on the other side of the college-student desk. I'm the one with the red pen in my hand. Those of us with schedules that change from day to day actually have an advantage, I think.