General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Dunedin Tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-04-24 10:34 AM

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Subject: Dunedin Tri
Kinda threading the needle on finding a race that will fit into my schedule. The one in Dunedin on 6/8 works for me. Looking at the race course they indicate ~1/3 to 1/2 of it is on "packed trails" on Honeymoon island. I did one of those races at Ft deSoto a number of years ago and 1/2 of the run was on the beach. I am a crummy runner so I don't really need anything that makes the run more challenging. Can anyone give me a better description of these trails on Honeymoon island?

2014-04-25 12:59 PM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
Subject: RE: Dunedin Tri

Originally posted by Oysterboy Kinda threading the needle on finding a race that will fit into my schedule. The one in Dunedin on 6/8 works for me. Looking at the race course they indicate ~1/3 to 1/2 of it is on "packed trails" on Honeymoon island. I did one of those races at Ft deSoto a number of years ago and 1/2 of the run was on the beach. I am a crummy runner so I don't really need anything that makes the run more challenging. Can anyone give me a better description of these trails on Honeymoon island?

I did it last year.  It really is on nice trails NOT on the beach. As a fellow crappy runner I will warn you there is a long run from swim exit to transition on the beach in soft sand which the include (quite unfairly I think) in your swim time as the timing mat is at the edge of transition not at the waters edge.  I think the run is probably a tad short which would be an advantage to you and me As I recall there were some muddy puddles to get thru and the trails were narrow but I prefer a softer surface like that.  I admit I tripped over a tree root and face planted. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Dunedin Tri Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Dunedin Tri or Morton Plant Mease-Clearwater Tri?

Started by buc20
Views: 1924 Posts: 5

2011-03-30 9:52 PM buc20

Dunedin Sprint Tri/ Team Terri

Started by Betsy
Views: 992 Posts: 12

2008-06-16 7:26 PM BunnyRunner

Dunedin Triathlon

Started by Betsy
Views: 1076 Posts: 15

2007-06-01 8:36 AM Q

Dunedin Sprint Tri

Started by rbschlesinger
Views: 589 Posts: 3

2007-05-24 7:21 PM neb

Anyone done the Dunedin Sprint Tri in June?

Started by annabananamc
Views: 789 Posts: 5

2006-04-18 4:35 PM annabananamc
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 13, 2010
author : kcowart
comments : 11
I have always been an athlete, growing up playing team sports like basketball and soccer. I also ran in a couple of 10K races every year, so I had no reason to worry about running a 5K...right?

date : August 13, 2008
author : eschmits
comments : 2
After I left the running store, I couldn't stop thinking about the sprint tri and how much of a challenge it would be for me. So instead of joining a gym, I started riding my bike and it felt great.
date : February 5, 2008
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
A product review of the Louis Garneau Tri Air Triathlon Shoe. After nearly two years of testing, see how this shoe performed. Currently being replaced by the Tri Air 2.

date : January 1, 2008
author : agrace
comments : 4
I couldn’t help but feel that the race had beaten me. Perhaps duathlons were more for me? No, I was more determined than ever to succeed. I was determined to get on top of my swimming.
date : December 31, 2006
author : docgill
comments : 0
This life of mine is not so different from yours. It has a multitude of similarities. I suffer from uncertainty, I get nervous at the thought of registering and when getting to the starting line.

date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.
date : November 27, 2005
author : spetremears
9 weeks after my first bike ride, 5 months after my first swim and 13 months after my surgery I entered the Nelson week Tri a Tri !

date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.