General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Krispy Kreme Challenge vs. Dopey Challenge Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-04-29 6:59 AM

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Subject: Krispy Kreme Challenge vs. Dopey Challenge

Just for fun...

Which do you think would be worse?

The Krispy Kreme Challenge

or 

The Dopey Challenge

For me personally, I'm a crocodile who can eat almost anything and keep going, and running is my relative weakness.  The training involved for Dopey would be more challenging for me than the Krispy Kreme, plus considering the recovery afterwards, I think I'd rather do Krispy Kreme.

2014-04-29 9:33 AM
in reply to: TriMyBest

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven
Subject: RE: Krispy Kreme Challenge vs. Dopey Challenge
Originally posted by TriMyBest

Just for fun...

or 

The Dopey Challenge

For me personally, I'm a crocodile who can eat almost anything and keep going, and running is my relative weakness.  The training involved for Dopey would be more challenging for me than the Krispy Kreme, plus considering the recovery afterwards, I think I'd rather do Krispy Kreme.

If the Krispy Kreme's are included in the registration fee, I'm in! When do we start training?
2014-04-29 10:56 AM

User image

Exton, PA
Originally posted by TriMyBest

Just for fun...

or 

The Dopey Challenge

If the donuts are at the start line I may not even run the race. Grab the box walk over to the finish and sit down and enjoy the next hour
2014-04-29 12:24 PM
in reply to: mike761

User image

Master
Crab Cake City
Not a huge fan of Krispy Kreme so I would do Dopey instead. A trip to FL and some rocking medals to hang on the wall would be worth all the hurt I would endure.
2014-04-29 12:38 PM
in reply to: mike761

User image

Extreme Veteran
I've done a few Krispy Kreme Challenges and they are fun in a very different way from other races. Everyone is much less competitive and just there for a good time. At the one I've done you run 2 miles to Krispy Kreme, eat the donuts, and then run 2 miles back. Listening to trying to push and keep the donuts down is hilarious. The ones who haven't done it before are usually the best. The winner is usually a talk lanky high school track kid that thinks a dozen donuts is a completely normal breakfast. I highly recommend doing one of these if you haven't already.
2014-04-29 1:12 PM

User image

Master
Sunbury, Pennsylvania
I'm doing Dopey. For the marathon and the half, I could try to throw the krispy kreme in as well and let you know how the mashup goes.

Prediction: not well.

2014-04-29 2:47 PM

I vote Krispy Kreme. I did Dopey last year. I ran all of the races slower than my usual pace because I stopped for pictures, enjoyed the sites and ran with different family members for the full and half. I treated them as events not races and didn't worry about time at all. With the amount of money Disney races cost I almost felt obligated to soak up every minute of it.

If you are doing Dopey I think it would be much better without kids and not part as a family vacation. The 5k and 10k are pretty ho hum, the half a little better but Disney really does a great job with the full. The part that stunk was Disney has you get up insanely early for these races and when your throw being at the park till closing every night chasing kids around it gets rough. Plus it was a lot for my wife to be solo with the kids while I was enjoying the trek around the parks. I am glad I did it but won't do it again if its part of a family trip. Goofy is definitely an option but the 4 days of early rising for Dopey was rough.

If you do opt for Dopey and have any questions about how it works let me know
2014-04-29 2:55 PM
in reply to: ram7730

User image

Seattle

I would kill the Krispy Kreme Challenge. I can eat damn near anything (and have) while I run. One could breeze through 5 miles without training, really. Especially when running at a doughnut eating pace. A dozen is a whole lot but I think I could do it. Is there a rule about puking?

Obviously the Dopey is much more significant in terms of the kind of race(s) you are running and if you are truly racing, you would have to be mindful of your pacing and actually train well for the marathon. I don't think I would ever run something Disney puts on though. 

2014-04-29 3:16 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
I would do the KK Challenge. I wouldn't even have to train, I just would eat light the night before and skip breakfast. The last two miles wouldn't be fast but this is more of an endurance race than a speed race. I read that the key to eating a dozen KKs is to crush the donuts flat (to get the air out) and eat them two at a time.

The Dopey Challenge wouldn't be too bad as long as I took first three races slow. However that would mean that I would have to be at Disney World four days in a row....No Thanks.
2014-04-29 3:26 PM

User image

Veteran
Plaquemine, Louisiana
If yall decided to do the Krispy Kreme Challenge, make sure you have some miralax or sennekot on standby for about a week. I predict some clogged up colons after that challenge.
2014-04-29 4:06 PM

Tougher than the Krispy Kreme Challenge: The Red Pop Challenge.

We used to do this during the summer in cross country (I have no explanation other than we were crazy).

Slam a warm can of Big Red Soda, run a lap on the track, repeat.

Drop out at any time or throw up, and you must do sit ups and push ups until only one person is left standing.

Pretty disgusting experience, but great team building and you get an iron stomach from it.

2014-04-29 4:29 PM

User image

Expert
Scottsdale, AZ

If you're running either competitively, easily the Dopey. KK challenge would hurt too but not nearly as much.

After my beer mile event I'm going to organize a KK challenge. Hmmm, I need to find a good way to pair beer mile and KK challenge into one race

2014-04-29 4:45 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Originally posted by thebigb

If you're running either competitively, easily the Dopey. KK challenge would hurt too but not nearly as much.

After my beer mile event I'm going to organize a KK challenge. Hmmm, I need to find a good way to pair beer mile and KK challenge into one race

Who needs Coffee and Donuts when you can have Beer and a Dozen Donuts?

How about a Donut Mile? Eat three donuts...run a lap....Repeat three more times.

Edited by rick4657 2014-04-29 4:47 PM
2014-04-29 4:46 PM
in reply to: rick4657

User image

Expert
Scottsdale, AZ

Originally posted by rick4657
Originally posted by thebigb

Who needs Coffee and Donuts when you can have Beer and a Dozen Donuts?

Amen! Bourbon at the finish line

2014-04-29 10:42 PM

User image

Master
University Park, MD
I couldn't answer this without trying them both. Sign me up.

I think these are the only 2 events that my daughter would want to join me for. The wife, not so much.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Krispy Kreme Challenge vs. Dopey Challenge Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Disney Running adds Dopey Challenge Pages: 1 2

Started by TheClaaaw
Views: 5339 Posts: 34

2013-04-11 6:48 PM TheClaaaw

Krispy Kreme Challenge Pages: 1 2

Started by steveseer
Views: 2732 Posts: 29

2011-02-07 8:58 PM E=H2O

Strategy for Krispy Kreme Challenge Pages: 1 2

Started by jmcconne
Views: 5304 Posts: 29

2010-11-18 9:45 AM jmcconne

Krispy Kreme Run Pages: 1 2

Started by jmcconne
Views: 1890 Posts: 31

2009-10-23 8:59 AM jmcconne

Krispy Kreme Challenge Pages: 1 2 3

Started by Rogillio
Views: 3546 Posts: 52

2009-08-19 4:14 PM steveseer
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 14, 2008
author : dr_forbush
comments : 0
In addition to writing your race number on each upper arm, they also wrote your age on your calf. This allowed me to see who was passing me by in the bike section of this race.

date : November 28, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Question and answers on swimming strength challenges, is kicking important, 'runners kick' with ankle inflexibility and the usefulness of fins, pool buoys and paddles.
date : October 9, 2007
author : dr_forbush
comments : 9
The boat was being tossed around. Someone noted that there were whitecaps on the waves. Another guy said, “This is going to be challenging.” I began to wonder what he meant by 'challenging'.

date : July 10, 2007
author : Ontherun
Having three seasons under my belt I thought I knew what I was doing. That all changed with a few new challenges and a bunch of new friends.
date : January 7, 2007
author : Ontherun
comments : 4
We were all there once, a beginner. Time to take the challenge and help a beginner triathlete!

date : January 29, 2006
author : lv2teach
comments : 1
It’s a challenge to push yourself a little harder and a little further. Be proud of every workout that is accomplished and every step-even the baby ones-that you take on this course to the finishline.
date : November 27, 2005
author : AMSSM
Try to view your injury as another athletic challenge and an opportunity for personal learning and growth. Identify the skills that help you succeed as an athlete.

date : September 3, 2005
author : infosteward
The Boulder Peak bike course is legendary. It is, literally and named as such, one of the toughest bike legs in the country.