General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Summer sprint recommendations Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-05-07 7:53 PM

User image

Subject: Summer sprint recommendations
I am moving from tx (yes me again I posted elsewhere) and have registered for the aluminum man oly in September, my first oly. There are so many tris in June/July /august. Any recommendations for which to choose over the summer? I am looking for just one or two.

Thanks

Philip

2014-05-08 6:53 PM
in reply to: pmcroome

Regular
Portland
Subject: RE: Summer sprint recommendations
The Portland Triathlon put on by Athletes Lounge is first class, but I think it happens around the time of the Aluminum Man.
2014-05-09 7:38 AM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
I can recommend Tri at the Grove in Cottage Grove, just south of Eugene, at the end of July. Not sure where in Oregon you'll be--it would be about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Portland, but could be worth a very early morning, or a night in Eugene before the race. There is also camping available near the race site, but not sure if you can reserve it or how. There's both a sprint and an Oly. Beautiful course, typically excellent weather that time of year (I'm from Eugene, so know our summer weather). You can expect comfortable air temps (even a bit cool before/after the swim) and a clean, fairly shallow, marginally wetsuit-legal lake. Not a huge field but enough to keep things lively, and very well-organized and beginner-friendly.
2014-05-10 8:43 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Thanks!
2014-06-10 9:47 PM
in reply to: #4993225

I second the TRI at the Grove. I did the sprint last year. Great course (and didn't use a wetsuit).
2015-03-28 11:41 AM

The Tri for Life in Albany Oregon is a great sprint triathlon for the beginning of triathlon season. The swim is at an indoor pool and the course is well-marked.

A triathlon training clinic is being held Saturday, April 25 at Albany Community Pool if you are interested. 5 time Ironman Finisher Angela Smith will conduct a three hour clinic, (One hour discussion and two hour in pool training) to prep athletes for the Tri for Life OR any triathlon they are training for. www.optionsprc.org

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Summer sprint recommendations Rss Feed