BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 54

2014-12-14 9:02 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Extreme Veteran
Silicon Valley
Subject: RE: Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED
It looks like everyone has been a little quiet lately. Tomorrow ends the big first wave of obamacare open enrollment. I may get a chance to get a workout in. It looks like my new schedule is going to allow me to join a masters swimming program. I met with the aquatics director and like the program. One of their swimmers in the group is a 15 time IM finisher. They swim M-F for an hour at 6:00am.

I think for now and through the rest of the winter I may go ahead and swim five days a week. I need t get a more solid foundation down than the light swimming I have been doing. Then at least once a week towel down and jump on a bike or treadmill since their gym is right there. Then use the weekends to get a long ride in.

I need to take a drive up to the reservoir and see what the water level looks like. I am still skeptical that they will get any events here in town done in 2015 with the drought we have been living with for two years. I'm trying to put together a race schedule but so many events are bring either cancelled or having the venue changed that it's hard to put something definitive on the calendar.

How is everyone else doing in getting their 2015 race schedules together? Am I the only procrastinator?

2014-12-15 8:31 AM
in reply to: Stuartap

User image

Master
ann arbor, michigan
Oh, I'm dragging my feet a little bit on the 2015 schedule as well. Still working on logistics and trying to decide exactly what I want to do with 2015.

I ended up working almost 14 hours each day on Saturday and Sunday. I was so tired that I did not train at all this weekend. Just worked and ate. Felt like a blob by Sunday night. That made it a little easier to drag myself out of bed this morning for a swim. I did 3 x 1,000 and felt pretty darn good doing it. My pace is pretty dismal compared to a real swimmer but I was able to get it done and feel so much better for having swam. We will see if I have time for a bike or run today. It looks to be another late night at work so we will see.

On other fronts, my son got his first acceptance letter on Saturday. He was accepted directly in to Purdue's engineering school. It is the number nine ranked engineering program in the country so we are all pretty excited. Hopefully there are several more acceptances on the way, but no matter what, we now know he is going to college Whew, that is a relief.
2014-12-16 2:29 PM
in reply to: wannabefaster

User image

Master
South Alabama

Hey Gang! Nothing too exciting going on here. I did get a new bike. Sold my road bike and bought a 2013 Felt B2 frame. Found some new and used parts here, ebay and Slowtwitch. LBS put everything together for me and it turned out great. Was able to keep the cost low with lots of used parts. Frame is new and all of the parts look like new so the bike should be around for a good while. So now I have have my old tri bike, that needs a few things done, and a new bike. Plan is to keep both and train on both but race on the Felt. I will try to attach a couple of pictures.

New MENTOR GROUPS FORMING. Just a head's up...Jason and I will not be doing a group this time around. We are sitting out the rotation this time around. We discussed this a little while back and wanted to let everyone know. I hope some of you will consider becoming mentors. I think you would do great and it is rewarding. I may join a group as a mentee/participant or just lurk a bit. We have had some great groups over the past couple of years and I will continue to check in on folks. If you don't want to take on a group I encourage you to find a group and participate.  We have been fortunate to have so many awesome members with great stories and experience. I hope you will continue to share that. I'm not leaving BT...I will still log all of my training and keep up with what its going on....will continue to check this thread as well.  

(photo (3).JPG)

(photo (4).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
photo (3).JPG (154KB - 14 downloads)
photo (4).JPG (119KB - 12 downloads)
2014-12-17 10:07 PM
in reply to: slornow

User image

Extreme Veteran
Silicon Valley
Hey guys, really sorry to read you are not going to have a group for 2015. I can't tell you how much you have helped me. When I finally get to my IM know that it will be in no small part due to you two and the entire group.

It has been an honor and a privilege gentlemen.

Thank you.
2014-12-18 5:35 AM
in reply to: Stuartap

User image

Master
South Alabama

Originally posted by Stuartap Hey guys, really sorry to read you are not going to have a group for 2015. I can't tell you how much you have helped me. When I finally get to my IM know that it will be in no small part due to you two and the entire group. It has been an honor and a privilege gentlemen. Thank you.

Stuart-thanks for all of your input and swim help. Not sure I can "thank you" for the tennis ball drill though. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Holiday Season!

2014-12-18 10:15 PM
in reply to: slornow

User image

Master
ann arbor, michigan
Just to echo what Randy said, this has been a great group and it has been a pleasure getting to interact with all of you.

We are taking a session off from mentoring but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't do this again in the future. In the mean time, find some other folks and join a different group. It is always good to get new perspectives.

Also, if you ever have questions feel free to send me a message and I would be happy to help out as much as possible. Like Randy, I am still planning on being around on the site.

Happy holidays everyone.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 54

RELATED POSTS

Jim Kelley's (Birkierunner) General and Long Course Group (Open) Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 19322 Posts: 218

2014-12-22 1:14 PM Birkierunner

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 2, 2007
author : docgill
comments : 0
Is it possible for loners to work in a small group and still have plenty of time on their own? Training in small groups can give many benefits.

date : August 17, 2007
author : EndurancePlanet
37-year-old Bill Fults is an age-group triathlete. But by day he's an Air Flight Paramedic. He also spent the better part of a decade as an Army Ranger.
date : November 10, 2006
author : Valdora Cycles
comments : 1
Which component group is right for you? Here are some differences on weight, performance and price between the Dura-Ace, Ultegra and 105 component groups.

date : April 2, 2006
author : mikericci
This summer, I am planning on doing three triathlons. What should my strategy be for training, tapering and resting during, before and after each race?
date : January 29, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
The most valuable thing you can do for your endurance training is to schedule a weekly 2-4hr long ride from now until the end of time. Simply make this “what you do” every Saturday or Sunday morning.

date : January 1, 2006
author : acbadger
Individuals are just that, individuals and need individual programs. However, with a group the size of yours, it may be difficult for your coaches to do 25 individual workouts.
date : November 27, 2005
author : Ontherun
For most age-group triathletes, getting the most out of there time for quality workouts can be daunting. Think outside the triangle to get a little more.

date : November 27, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
Tri clubs offer all of us, from beginner to advanced athlete, a venue in which we can realign our perspective of what “fast” and “far” are, pushing us to new and greater heights of performance.