BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 100

2014-07-23 10:16 AM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

Master
Northern IL
Subject: RE: Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered)

Originally posted by 4agoodlife
Originally posted by Richardsdrr
Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by brigby1

Originally posted by laffinrock

Afternoon, Manatees  My neck of the woods is gearing up for 110*+ over the next couple of days. Oh yeah...summer is in full swing.

J and I did over half the IMAZ bike course on Sunday morning (doubled up on the Beeline section), but he was having some issues on the second loop. Not sure if it was fuel/hydration/sleep. I, on the other hand, felt great!

Yesterday I spent most of the afternoon driving/waiting while J worked on getting this new addition to our wheeled fleet.

Hope you've rubbed that in a few times 

Nice addition!!

Sweet bike and workout!! 

I'm feeling oppressed by the upper 90's we have on tap this week.  Can't even imagine 110*+.  But heck, it's a dry heat, right???

Dry heat, yes. Well, I'm going to test the "bake a cookie" theory this afternoon. Will let you know :D

pictures of that please!

Is this yet another euthanism to add to the manatee vocabulary list?

oops, I assumed it was the Arizona version of it being so hot you can"fry an egg" on the sidewalk.  If not, I've asked for a picture of something I may not want

I don't know if euthanism or euphemism was actually intended here? 

ha, ha!

Too funny
in this case either may work? :P
With Darren I don't know if euthanism is a euphemism either.

2014-07-23 10:42 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Master

Quick (probably silly) question for Strava users.

When I first started using it, I had to have the run and bike apps. Now that they have updated to give the activity option on the save screen, I want to delete one of the apps. There shouldn't be any issues with losing info now, right?

2014-07-23 10:52 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

When I first started using it, I had to have the run and bike apps. Now that they have updated to give the activity option on the save screen, I want to delete one of the apps. There shouldn't be any issues with losing info now, right?

Correct. The info doesn't reside in the app, it resides on the Strava engine on the interwebs. Speaking of Strava... for you Garmin users... what is the best way to get the info from the garmin to Strava?

2014-07-23 11:11 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by rrrunner

Correct. The info doesn't reside in the app, it resides on the Strava engine on the interwebs. Speaking of Strava... for you Garmin users... what is the best way to get the info from the garmin to Strava?

Yeah, the app is just for interaction. The data is all on their servers.

TJ, I haven't looked into transferring from the Garmin site over to Strava, but do just upload all the data from the device simultaneously. Both sites are good in that they'll look for everything new.

2014-07-23 11:13 AM

User image

Master

lol...see? silly question. I "know" things, but then check and check again. Hitting delete is so final.

2014-07-23 11:16 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

TJ, I haven't looked into transferring from the Garmin site over to Strava, but do just upload all the data from the device simultaneously. Both sites are good in that they'll look for everything new.

I don't usually do it simultaneously, so when i want to upload to strava I just go to strava and hit upload and it pulls from garmin connect.  easy peasy. 

2014-07-23 11:43 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

I don't usually do it simultaneously, so when i want to upload to strava I just go to strava and hit upload and it pulls from garmin connect.  easy peasy. 

Hmmmm... having problems getting my computer to do that. Probably a computer issue

2014-07-23 12:02 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Tapiriik

2014-07-23 12:05 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Hmmmm... having problems getting my computer to do that. Probably a computer issue

If you are using Garmin Express on your computer, the files are in a different place that Strava expect it to be and the upload won't work

Seriously, give Tapiriik a try.

ETA clarity

Edited by jmkizer 2014-07-23 12:06 PM
2014-07-23 12:35 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by jmkizer

If you are using Garmin Express on your computer, the files are in a different place that Strava expect it to be and the upload won't work

ETA clarity

Awesome thanks! I'll give it a try!

2014-07-23 12:41 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.

ETA clarity

Yep, I'm running express and have problems with strava, so I just export as tcx files and bulk manual upload.

All tho talk of tyres/tires, what pressure is everyone running? I have 110-120 psi in the front clincher and 160 in the rear tub.

2014-07-23 12:46 PM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

ETA clarity

Yep, I'm running express and have problems with strava, so I just export as tcx files and bulk manual upload. All tho talk of tyres/tires, what pressure is everyone running? I have 110-120 psi in the front clincher and 160 in the rear tub.

95-100 psi in both front and rear.

2014-07-23 12:48 PM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Denver, CO

Had my first "race anxiety" dream last night.  I dreamt that I woke up 20 min before the 1st wave started, was running around in a panic to get all my gear together and my transition area set up, forgot my race belt and had to borrow one from somebody who'd already finished, then discovered that my race was the next day.

Anybody else have these?

2014-07-23 12:56 PM
in reply to: 0

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by Richardsdrr All tho talk of tyres/tires, what pressure is everyone running? I have 110-120 psi in the front clincher and 160 in the rear tub.

~115-118 front & rear. I weigh 175-180, or ~80 kg. Lighter people go with less pressure.

Edited by brigby1 2014-07-23 12:56 PM
2014-07-23 1:10 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by Richardsdrr All tho talk of tyres/tires, what pressure is everyone running? I have 110-120 psi in the front clincher and 160 in the rear tub.

~115-118 front & rear. I weigh 175-180, or ~80 kg. Lighter people go with less pressure.

I pretty much just fill them til I think it's enough!  I think that's around the 95-100 psi range.

2014-07-23 1:13 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Orlando

Had my first "race anxiety" dream last night.  I dreamt that I woke up 20 min before the 1st wave started, was running around in a panic to get all my gear together and my transition area set up, forgot my race belt and had to borrow one from somebody who'd already finished, then discovered that my race was the next day.

Anybody else have these?

Not really, of course, I don't generally remember dreams.  While wide awake I routinely believe that I will be DFL.  Does that count? 

2014-07-23 1:21 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Anybody else have these?

Not really, of course, I don't generally remember dreams.  While wide awake I routinely believe that I will be DFL.  Does that count? 

Early on in my racing "career" I used to have race related dreams, then I think I had some before O'side as well. Maybe it's evidence of stress/concern about the race.

2014-07-23 2:42 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master

Anybody else have these?

I'm not a remember dreams person, but I have woken up in the middle of 2-3 race dreams. At least one was a panic situation...swimming, of course. The others were losing or not having people/things. I can laugh after my HR drops.

2014-07-23 2:49 PM

User image

Master

Anybody else have these?

ahhhh....so you're a daydreamer?

2014-07-23 2:54 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Anybody else have these?

ahhhh....so you're a daydreamer?

i think that falls more as a daymare.

2014-07-23 4:22 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Anybody else have these?

Early on in my racing "career" I used to have race related dreams, then I think I had some before O'side as well. Maybe it's evidence of stress/concern about the race.

Yes, I'm sure that's what it is.  I remember a lot of my dreams and typically find that the emotions in them pretty much mirror how I'm feeling.  (The details, not so much - those can be totally bizarre!!)  Now that my race is just a few weeks away, I'm starting to feel a little anxious that I won't be able to finish or that I'll forget something at home.  I know this is a totally normal part of any big undertaking, which this is for me.  It's just kind of funny to see myself go from "I'm gonna rock this thing" to "OMG, I'm going to do something stupid like lose my nose plug" (see recent Tri Talk thread) "or forget something key or oversleep" (both of which I've done in the past).

I'm going to start my list o' stuff to bring, practice transitions, all that stuff.  Rationally, I know that I'll be fine but there's still always that doubt and it usually comes out in my dreams.

2014-07-23 4:52 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Veteran
Dayton

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk
Originally posted by ponderingfox  The only thing that looks odd about them is that they have the frequently-used-on-the-trainer flat spot on the rear tire.
Yep, change 'em. But keep them for use on the trainer and keep your new tires for the road (if you can).

Do you mean that you're recommending I change the tire rubber whenever I switch from riding on the trainer to riding on the road?  That's a lot of work.

2014-07-23 5:08 PM
in reply to: ponderingfox

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by ponderingfox

Originally posted by ponderingfox  The only thing that looks odd about them is that they have the frequently-used-on-the-trainer flat spot on the rear tire.
Yep, change 'em. But keep them for use on the trainer and keep your new tires for the road (if you can).

Do you mean that you're recommending I change the tire rubber whenever I switch from riding on the trainer to riding on the road?  That's a lot of work.

Yep, change out the tire. Unless you also have an extra rear rim. If you have that, set one up for trainer use and one up for road use.

2014-07-23 5:30 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by cdban66

Yep, change out the tire. Unless you also have an extra rear rim. If you have that, set one up for trainer use and one up for road use.

I buy expensive tires and hate to see the trainer chew them up!
2014-07-23 6:12 PM
in reply to: ponderingfox

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

I'm with you Tom. I don't do this either - just can't be bothered, I know I'm bad.

I do 90% of my riding on the trainer. Every few days I spin my front wheel so it isn't sitting on the same spot on the riser and every maybe 3-4 months I rotate my back and front tires so that they both "see some action". I have Conti 4000s on my bike they have been on there for about 2 years, granted I don't ride very much at all because my bike is so damn uncomfortable of late that I just dread getting on it. But for me I don't have the time or inclination to swap out my tires on the few occasions that I actually get to ride outside. I just want to be able to unclip my bike from the trainer and go before I lose my nerve about dying on all our frickin hills.
New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  

of 100

RELATED POSTS

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : December 17, 2007
author : LukeTX04
I learned in this race that in order to finish the swim, you have to know where you are going. And in order to know where you are going, you have to learn to sight.
date : September 25, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussion on sinking hips, balance drills, open water freak-out, best breathing for open water swimming and head position.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.