BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 30

2014-09-29 5:25 PM
in reply to: Terps421

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas
Subject: RE: Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN)
Steve, I'm hearing great things about IM Chattanooga. Know it's not on your list for this year, but maybe something to think about for next year. Swim with current sounds pretty appealing.

Isabella, my suggestion would be to do the race you want to do that will leave you with no regrets. If it's the 10K, that's a perfectly good goal, and you could perhaps work on some speed if your base supports it. But don't go into the 10K secretly wishing you were doing the half. If that's how you feel, target the half and do it at whatever speed fits your fitness level come race day.

Mike you out there? Doing OK?

Thanks for the well wishes! Finished all testing and verbal offer was made last week, so just waiting for corporate to grade my test, approve everything, and send a written offer. Once that happens, will settle on a departure date from current employer and start date with new one. Of course anxiety creeps in as I wait for that letter, but I am looking forward to establishing a "new normal". Had some friends (both of whom also have type 1 diabetes) who did their first OLY this weekend. Very proud for them. Brought back some memories, but I was glad not to be doing it. Maybe my desire to train for a race will come back once life settles down a bit, but it has been totally MIA for a while.

2014-09-29 6:13 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Alexandria, Virginia
Carol congrats on the new job! Always exciting to start another chapter of your life.

We just came back from another eventful weekend, with the Sea Gull Century on Sat and camping both nights. The bike ride was amazing, and with great weather. It was a bit chilly the first half hour but things went really well. 4 well-spaced rests, and we took a 1-hour beach siesta at Assateague Island at mile 60. We even stopped at mile 91, a few brothers were handing out beers! This was our second time giong this superflat century, and I'm particularly proud of my fiancee who built up to this and kept up very well (15.7 average moving speed). My sitbones were hurting at the end though. Ice cream at the rest stop at mile 85 cured it a bit...

On another note, I did my first run with our dog tonight! He ran his first 5k! We was very pully in the beginning, but it might've been because he was looking to poop. After relieving himself he was almost perfect the whole way.

So my last race this year will be a half mary in Richmond, VA in the middle of November. My fiancee is doing the 8k race the same morning. Happy training/racing everyone.

Edited by phifatech 2014-09-29 6:18 PM
2014-09-30 9:43 PM
in reply to: phifatech

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Phil, sounds like a great weekend. Love your pride in your fiancée. She did great.

Turned down the second job from the same company. Slightly depressed but it was the right thing. But still....boo. But on the good side, our pastor's sermon this weekend really hit home and tonight I truly tried to turn the other cheek with some people that I've really struggled to forgive.

Totals
Run: 26h 44m - 142.4 Mi
Other: 11h 10m (Core, PF exercises, stair running, stretching, yoga)ight
2014-10-01 1:46 AM

User image

Pearland,Tx
Carol

Just a heads up , An Ebola patient is confirmed to be confined at a Dallas hospital
http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/health/2014/09/29/dallas-presbyteria...

Here's some information might be helpful

http://www.texashealth.org/Ebola-Answers

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/transmission/index.html

Becareful Godbless

carl

Edited by strykergt 2014-10-01 1:46 AM
2014-10-01 10:18 AM
in reply to: strykergt

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas
Phil, congrats on your new running buddy! May you enjoy many miles together .

Pam, sorry about the job, but glad that you are embracing the process of forgiving....tough but liberating journey.

Carl, thank you! Ebola is scary, and having it this close certainly makes it much more "real" to us than watching it in a far away land. They say it cannot be transmitted through the air or in water, and perhaps that is true. But I also think it possible that they say that to keep people from panicking. I applaud the folks who go to help in Liberia but do wish they would observe lengthy quarantines BEFORE they come here. Feel bad for the paramedics on the scene. Tough time for them and their families.

Back for one more meeting re: the job today. All tests came back favorably, so hoping this is the formal offer and that the whole package works for our needs. A bit of normalcy, structure, etc. would be good about now .
2014-10-01 1:33 PM
in reply to: squirt

User image

Veteran
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Phil: It's great when your spouse (or soon to be in your case) is on board and doing active things with you! My training is much better when Kiley is taking care of herself versus not. Congrats on your century ride too!

Pam: Bummer on the job. I'll echo Carol's thoughts...forgiveness is one tough cookie to master. The most telling story I can share was told to me by the man that helped me come back to Christ and got me my job in corrections. He was sharing a driving story....the usual...this person cut me off....I shrugged at them...they flipped me the bird...I got mad....all that stuff. Well, the ending turned out very different for him. While he was angry, he heard a voice that said "Jesus died for HIM too" Stopped him dead in his tracks...that story is probably seven years old but I'll never forget it.

Carl/Carol: Take care of yourselves down there! I'm not necessarily a big conspiracy guy but the government has been known to lie about the impact of illnesses/diseases. I've also lived it in my work; we've had the Norwalk virus come through the prison a few times and they won't acknowledge it until half the institution is infected (staff and inmates)

Mike D: I'll echo Carol...where are you buddy?

Steve: How's your mental recovery going? Knowing you, I'm sure you've already got a plan

September Totals: Swim: 1850 Yd
Bike: 15m - 4 Mi
Run: 7h 50m 25s - 50.77 Mi
Elliptical Training: 22m
Stair Running: 08m

Not awful numbers for the first time in awhile.

I had a waste of a day yesterday with two doctors appointments...one for my eyes, the other my yearly physical. I was anxious about the physical because my blood work came up high for blood sugar (fasted) and I have family history of diabetes. Turns out it was just an oddity...he did a blood sugar at the appointment and it was 97...so that was a dead issue. The other irony....I did my height/weight....I weighed in at 240! I was stunned because I'm comfortably in a 36 uniform and my cardio performance has been back to my standards. My doctor didn't say anything about it but I thought I was 10-15lbs less....I'm going to have to attribute it to added muscle with my heavy lifting with Kiley.

One last request. I would appreciate it if you could say prayers for 3 officers that were fired yesterday. Short story: back in 2009, 3 officers working at our main mental health prison (I worked at a secondary MH prison before my transfer) had to put an inmate in 4 point restraints to administer court ordered medications. While fighting to restrain the inmate; he was killed via positional asphyexiation (sp?) The department did an investigation and cleared the officers in 2009. The Boston Globe decided to dig up this dirt and started writing articles about that facility and the "cruel and unusual treatment" of mental health inmates. That all lead to their firings yesterday...purely political. I have plenty of thoughts on this but my opinions aren't as important as prayers for these men.....they will likely get their jobs back but at what financial/personal cost?

2014-10-02 11:51 AM
in reply to: medeiros13

User image

Alexandria, Virginia
Swim: 35 min, 1.2 mi
Bike: 13 hours, 193 mi
Run: 5.25 hours, 30 mi
Soccer: 1.25 hours (1 match)
Hiking: 3 hours, 8 mi

Total activity: 23.38 hours. On the low side, but I had 2 big events (half iron, and a bike century) that took the bulk, then the recovery/taper. I'm slowly building on my running to get ready for the half mary in Nov. Might sign up for my company's 5k in Oct before that.

Jay, def helps a lot having partners, and now I have two to choose from (fiancee and the pup). Sorry to hear of your buddies being fired. Officers all over are being scrutinized because of all these high profile cases (Ferguson, etc.). My best friend is a local cop and my mind gets blown hearing his side of things from a cop perspecive.

Carol, get out of Texas! Grapevine looks terribly close to that Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital!
2014-10-02 4:06 PM
in reply to: phifatech

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas
Jay, glad your dr appts came out well. Taking care of your health....NOT a waste, though I totally understand the frustration of the time spent. Sounds like the lifting is agreeing with you. Nice when what you like to do is actually good for you . Good words re: forgiveness. Will pray for those guards. I just hate when politics jacks with people's lives.

Phil, good to have canine and human workout partners! My dog can run some, but she is still convinced that it's just a means to chasing squirrels. Yeah, this Ebola stuff is pretty scary. I'm not a conspiracy theorist normally either, but also not really trusting that our health officials know and/or are telling the full story on all this. Seems to be an expanding group of people who were exposed to this guy, even after he started showing symptoms. Some kids impacted, and if I were a parent at one of their schools let's just say I'd be erring on the side of caution and keeping them home.

Accepted the job today, and happy to be moving on with the next chapter. Many, many signs pointing to this being the right direction for us. Sometimes I even listen . Have to wrap things up on my part time/flexible job in the next couple weeks. Oh, and cool front is moving through as I type this. Change is in the air all the way around.

Steve, you doing OK?

September numbers. Commentary: There was some movement most days. Need more movement more days. That's about it!

Bike: 8h 10m 50s - 115.28 Mi

Run: 7h 26m 35s - 31.72 Mi

Strength: 2h 10m
2014-10-02 8:41 PM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Ya I'm here. I have a pretty annoying cold, actually pulled a muscle in my back coughing. I think I got enough done at work today to take a sick day tomorrow. I also started a graduate school class (1 of 3) for my tier 2 school administrative credential, so that is taking up some time. Ironman won't return calls or emails so I may be done with them after my current obligations, not sure. I would like to do the IMTX to visit folks in that neck of the woods but shrug. There is a lot of negative stuff going on, just kind of trying to be the reed in the wind and wait for the wind to settle. Online classes are always annoying to me in that they do not understand how long it takes to get things done when you live way out in the sticks. It looks like weekly I need to get my assignments signed off on by the Special Education Director and the Superintendent. They are gone for an entire week at least once a month, so mostly just jumping through hoops a lot.

Ebola looks to be a bloodborne pathogen, so passed by bodily fluids, but if the person is coughing it is then airborne and with a 50% survival rate it is gona suck big time. A doc today on the news said that it could be transferred by sweat, so like a handshake and then you touch your face (lips, eyes or whatever) and it passes. If any of you have played the game Pandemic... it is like that. The game is over pretty quickly one way or the other.

Good job for those finding their balance during the fall transition. I am probably going to be pretty out of the loop for a bit, hopefully this cold passes and I can get back to feeling alright. Amazing how much we take breathing for granted. My wife had it soo much worse than I do this summer, she still coughs some from a cold (whooping cough) she caught in June.

And I just have to say Dell customer service sucks as badly as Ironman customer service... don't ask. I think I am at that calm point to let go of the negative stuffs and just let it pass, like that point where you get hit by a big wave and you stop tumbling over and over, but you haven't yet oriented yourself to which way is up to start swimming that way. It is that breath between....
2014-10-02 9:09 PM
in reply to: Baowolf

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas
Steve, yes, breathe between those waves! Sometimes the "minor" frustrations build up and can feel major. Yes, if I see the blue spinning blue circle on my computer one more time, I may just pitch it out the window. We are goal oriented by nature, and it's hard to just roll with it sometimes. But don't forget you are not alone on the ride .
2014-10-03 2:40 AM

User image

Pearland,Tx
Originally posted by strykergt

Steve

I am sorry i know this is like asking too much with your IM less than 48 hours away, whenever you get to this no need to reply right away
I appreciate all your thoughts and feedback from my last HIM. I have an opportunity for another HIM 6 weeks after my recovery this week. IF I were to do it i have my 6 weeks training plan below let me know your feedback and thoughts about it:

4 Weeks
3XSwim .5 hrs,.5hrs, 1hr.
3XBike 1 hr,1.5 hrs, 3 hrs
5XRun .5 hr,1 hr, .5hr,1 hr,.5 hrs,2 hrs.

5th week taper

6th week taper

2 swim.5 hr , .5 hr
1 hr. bike
2-Jog, .5 hr., .5 hr

Let me know watcha think, Fellow mentorees feel free to fill in

Thanks

Cars

Steve

Hopefully you were able to reschedule your race. Just want to ask one simple thing would it burn out my build if I do an Oly 3rd week of my plan? considering a HIM 3 weeks after?

Let me know

Thanks in advance

Carl

2014-10-04 10:00 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
I'm a mean person. Today during my run, I was coming out of a park and another runner passed 5 feet in front of me. No acknowledgement. It's not like he couldn't see me in my bright pink. I took a drink of water and followed along behind him. And then I couldn't stand it. Chicked him. In front of a young couple. He deserved it for being so snotty. Kept on going and passed another park where I was nodding and speaking to other people. Saw some traffic congestion in front so I turned around and found that guy hauling it after me. Ha, too late, I beat him.

Steve so sorry that you and your wife are sick now. And I know that mentally you are just so done. Heal physically and mentally. Hugs to you.

Carol, yea on the job!

Where is Mike? And Dennis? And Mitzi?

Carlos, I have never even done an OLY tri so I'm not an authority. But do I have this right, you had a HIM and then are doing another HIM 6 weeks later? And then you want to put an OLY in between? I'm afraid that might be too much but that is just me. Everything depends on people goals and their approaches to races. After I totally farted up two marys 3 weeks apart, I began to learn to have A races and secondary races and I can usually adjust my pace and mindset for that. Hubby cannot lay off the pace in a B race and has finally realized that he can't do B races close to A races; he just isn't wired that way. My 2 cents.
2014-10-04 10:19 AM
in reply to: Pink Socks

User image

Veteran
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Originally posted by Pink Socks

I'm a mean person. Today during my run, I was coming out of a park and another runner passed 5 feet in front of me. No acknowledgement. It's not like he couldn't see me in my bright pink. I took a drink of water and followed along behind him. And then I couldn't stand it. Chicked him. In front of a young couple. He deserved it for being so snotty. Kept on going and passed another park where I was nodding and speaking to other people. Saw some traffic congestion in front so I turned around and found that guy hauling it after me. Ha, too late, I beat him.

Haha Pam! This made me laugh out loud I got out and did 8 today and I thought of you because you say you like to find hills. Well, I tried a new route and unexpectedly found rolling hills and a big hill. My pace for the distance suffered because of it however I'm very happy that my legs responded well to the hills. I took them on at a decent pace AND I was able to get back to a good pace after going back to flatter terrain. Ironically, I ran into a number of bikers and a runner that had to be close to 70 or so. He was wearing an old veteran type hat (sorry if that sounds odd but its the best way I can describe it) I thought it was very cool to see a man his age looking good and going out first thing in the morning to run. And for the record Pam, the best runners I know are all woman....so getting chicked doesn't bother :D

More sad news from my work front.....another officer has committed suicide. And yes, another officer that I worked beside too. Obviously its never good for anyone to kill themselves but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that it hurts more when its someone you personally knew. 15 officers in the last 3 years......I've thought long and hard about answers but I've come up empty. I'm just grateful that God gave me the ability to section off what I do/how I have to act at times at work and being a good father/husband. Its becoming clear to me that not everyone I work with can handle things like that.
2014-10-04 6:44 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Oh Jay babe, I'm so sorry. So sorry, so sorry.
2014-10-05 1:10 PM
in reply to: Pink Socks

User image

Master
Just South of Boston
Hi everyone. I'm alive, and OK. just lots of RL stuff going on keeping my super busy. nothing bad, just work, kids, home, etc. Tri stuff on the back burner for the past few weeks. Feeling like its time to get going again though, and thinking tomorrow is a good time to start.

Have been asked by my old masters swim instructor to go to IM Maryland next October. Considering
2014-10-05 2:10 PM
in reply to: Mike_D

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas
Jay, so sorry about your friend and co-worker. Yes, much more impact when you know the person. I've lost my dad, a co-worker, and a couple of friend's sons to suicide. Talked to one of the dad's this at church morning, and it's been a couple of years now, but I can tell he is struggling. Pretty sure he was either drunk or high today, but very glad he was there.

Mike, glad you are doing OK. Totally understand the RL stuff lately!

Pam, loved your story! Pretty healthy outlet for those competitive feelings, and dishing up a bit of humble pie to someone who might need that at the same time .

Will start the new job in a couple of weeks, and hoping that I can get into something resembling a regular schedule. Trying to juggle my current clients while doing all the interviews, tests and such for the new one has been pretty intense. Made it out to do the park circuit some last week, but nothing much else.

2014-10-07 4:01 PM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Carl, putting an Oly in will basically kill 1 week of your training. So if you have time fit it in that is fine, but if you are tight on your build it will take a week roughly to take a 2 day taper, 1 day race, and 3-4 day recovery.

Ya I have been really out of it, went for my first run in 10 days yesterday stopping here and there to cough up a lung. Ironman still has not responded to me in email or by phone after my 11 attempts at contact so far. They just don't give a care, they have my money so that is that.

General rule if you can chick someone, do it... good for you. Well unless it is like your boss and he has issues with stuff like that.

Even though I am taking grad school classes I am getting to more of my kids soccor games with the absent workout routine. Hopefully I can get back into a 10 ish hour per week routine over the next couple weeks.

Edited by Baowolf 2014-10-07 4:13 PM
2014-10-07 11:33 PM

User image

Pearland,Tx
@Pam
Thanks for the advice it really does make sense I dont want to push it i just waited until registration filled up so i wont be tempted.

@Steve
Glad to have you back sorry for the WTC's poor customer service makes sense about it using a bridge TP even an Oly can wreck it better play it safe.

@Jay
Sorry about your co-worker i guess life is really hard for some people.

@MikeD
goodluck if you plan to do IMMd i kinda like it myself in the long future but worried about the strong winds there and cold waters.

@Carol
Congrats on the new job!!

@Isabella
You still have time

Winter is Coming!!!

Cheers Everyone

Carl

October Totals
Swim: 7h 41m 43s - 15641.09 Yd
Bike: 12h 38m 48s - 225.35 Mi
Run: 14h 27m 41s - 75.14 M

2014-10-08 1:28 AM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Jay, ya jails are not good for anyone, doesn't matter what side of the bars you are on. The ER psych job I had resulted in a turnover in employees about once every 3 months. Working in nursing homes where folks die as part of your regular daily events also had a big impact on many people. Some folks are better able to compartmentalize or just empathize with the client, be that a child, person in their final days of life or someone who has committed a crime. Stay safe yourself and let your wife in once you have processed the feeling enough to reassure her that you are ok. Take care of you and yours.
2014-10-08 10:10 AM

User image

Veteran
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Thanks for the support for my coworker everyone, I appreciate it. Steve, you've mentioned your ER job before when discussing my job....you get the trauma that ER staff and corrections staff deal with at times. I've recently read that most officers (and I'd assume ER staff) suffer from PTSD but its not diagnosed.

Steve: Bummer on WTC not responding back to you. Whether people want to believe it or not there is competition in the triathlon world....maybe people will see what they're doing to all the IMLP folks and make a change to another company.

Mike: Glad to hear everything is okay IM Maryland huh.....its a thought for sure but after reading what WTC is doing, I think a smaller race maybe my future. Plus, all I can think of is how chilly its getting and swimming in cold....yuck!

I took another step toward getting back into cardio shape yesterday....I reduced the amount of lifting sets that I'm doing so I can have more time to run/swim/bike. My wife hasn't been able to get to the gym so I've retaken my exercise time and decided to change it up. I was talking to her last night and she thinks she wants to start to do more cardio. The issue with her is always the same....she doesn't like cardio....so I'm open to any ideas that may help her. She likes to bike....hates running....and would swim but feels to uncomfortable with her body to get in the pool.
2014-10-08 10:46 AM

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas
Carl, glad you are getting good advice! I'm would have offered some, but don't have the experience to back it up. Know you will make a wise decision.

Steve, any company who acts (or doesn't act) like WTC tends to lose my business if I have a choice. Understand the legacy program keeps you coming back to them, but wow, not bueno at all that you can't get a call back or email after multiple contacts and waiting this long. Glad you are getting to spend more time with your family, and enjoying furthering your education/credentials.

Jay, glad you are flexing your workouts around to suit your goals. I hope you don't mind, but I need to say one more thing about your co-worker's suicide. I never blame or fault people who do that. They are hurting, desperate and have lost the ability to have hope or see another way. BUT, there is always a larger issue going with them than the job. Circumstances make it extremely difficult to change jobs sometimes, but quitting any job is always an option, and far better than quitting life. My dad's downward spiral was brought on by a job he loved going south. But that was just the trigger, not the underlying reason. Anyway, that is not directed at you, just something I needed to say.

Still stuck in the T1 (or is it T2) of real life. Got in a Jay park circuit on Sunday, but nothing since other than walking the dog around the block. Hubby retires 12/1, I start my new job 10/20, and I cannot seem to get rid of my current job/clients. On top of that FIL fell yesterday morning, and is in the hospital. Thankfully nothing broken, and they will likely discharge him this afternoon/evening.

2014-10-08 11:08 AM

User image

Veteran
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Carol, I'm glad your FIL is doing better. I was wondering how that turned out but you didn't post it here until a minute ago....hence, I didn't ask. As far as your comments, I agree with you. I know why these officers have committed suicide AND I know what's in their closets so to speak. However, it doesn't change the hurt you feel. I wonder if they saw the facebook posts or hear the conersations about them if they'd have reconsidered what they did. My father was a police officer for 20+ years and I've spoken to him about this many times...his answer is always the same. You can't rationalize an irrational act. Phil mentioned it before....the crap that we have to deal with at work is unbelievable. Any officer accused of anything is guilty before being proven innocent and there's an undercurrent of workplace bullying that's happening in my profession. Administration messes with officers lives....cops and corrections...doesn't make a difference....and if those problems you mentioned are there....that's a toxic recipe. I can go on and on but this isn't a Dr. Phil message board lol
2014-10-08 3:00 PM

User image

Master
Maryland
Jay, you are a great worker I am sure. You have a level head on you and you're maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Corrections and police have difficult jobs. I live near one of MD's max. security prisons. Father in law worked there until 55, retired and had 3 heart attacks after, 6 stints, and Leukemia. I know the conditions he worked in during the 80's and earlier were dreadful even compared to today's. Many less officers per inmate. He is still living and he is enjoying life!! There is always hope.
Like Carol said, suicide is so sad and people who do it are really suffering and it is not their fault but hard for some people to understand.
Everyone here is available to help each other and I think I can count on asking my MG friends here for advice.
I'm tired, I get down sometimes, but I am doing my best each day! I saw a beautiful lunar eclipse this morning. God is good : )
2014-10-10 12:52 AM
in reply to: Terps421

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Jay, it is called Vicarious Trauma. It is real. They did experiments with the impact being a prisoner or a guard have on folks. They had to stop the experiment because stable folks had really bad reactions to being on either side of the bars.
2014-10-11 1:32 PM

User image

SOUTH WINDSOR, Connecticut

Hello All!!

Been really busy, vacation, recovering from vacation and all that stuff.  Catching up on the thread - you all have been busy!  Keep it up.

My training has slowed..  NG - I will be looking to add a bit more weights and keep up with run / swim. My biking to work has taken the back seat.  Both bikes have been in / out of the shop, but they are all fixed up and ready - no excuses now!

On vacation (Myrtle Beach) I ran on the beach for the first time. Really different.. Wore my old running shoes and did what I could. We would have breakfast and all head out for a walk.  After 1 - 1/2 mile walk, I would run. First time 4+ miles, second time a bit over 3 and 1/2. REALLY slow running on the beach, humid, still it was fun.

Since we have been back, I only ran once..  well twice now, as I did the 5K Hartford Marathon race this morning. [race report after this] With the lack of workouts, I was merely hoping to be sub 13:00 min/mile which would be better than my tri's this summer..  I shocked myself by being sub 11:00 - Woo Hoo!!.. I ended up being 10:53 min/mile.  Still slow, but for me was a great day. Very chilly (48 degrees) and raining. Oh well, some things we cannot control. Next race is Thanksgiving Morning. The Manchester road race, another 5K. May look into a Santa Run in December.. 

I have discussed with my wife and will be registering for the Patriot 1/2 in June! I am very excited about this..  A bit more challenging than I originally planned for 2015, still looking forward to it.

So my plan is:
Run 5k's through the end of year and work on speed / base. Start getting [running] mileage up
Swim a LOT more - consistently
Hit the weights for the next 3 - 4 months and get stronger
Drop another ~25 pounds (want to be around 170 for next season)
Keep biking around 3 times a week - still want to keep riding to work - remember, no excuses..!!

***Hint, Hint - I will be looking for a good HIM training plan starting in January - or even sooner - just really think I need to add some strength overall, especially for my swim.

Squirt - congrats on the new job!  Good luck...

Jay - great training going on.  Slow and steady wins the race. Sorry about the fellow officers. They [officers] are in a no win situation. Will keep them in my prayers. REALLY sorry about the officer that committed suicide. Really at a loss for words. Stay well.

Steve - you have (and are) handling everything extremely well. Once of the great benefits of having joined this mentor group. I am learning from one of the best!! (many of the best) Hope the cold passes.  FYI, I only recommend HP business class products.  Had a power supply go in a clients computer, HP was on site within 2 days - replaced and back running. (Dell Sucks - and this is from business class experience, Fortune 25 company.)

Isabella - I kinda "fell off" the training too. Get back on it and GO! Make your plan, set your goal, then go and get it!

Phil - great job on the century.  Bike and ice cream, my kinda day..  Awesome you get to ride with your puppy. Mine is hurting. More troubles with her front leg, nothing we can really do except "pain management" - feel very sad for her.  Her playing days are over and she is only 8..  been a tough life, sorta like mine. Really good that your fiancé is participating with you. Sounds like the start of a really great, healthy family.

Pam- not sure what "chicked him" means..  doesn't sound too bad..  lol.  Anyway, you were faster than him..  - OK, just read Jay's post and think I figured it out..  See I am not just slow at running.

OK, I posted, Mike posted...  Where is Mitzi...??

Best,
-Dennis

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Rss Feed  

of 30

RELATED POSTS

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.