BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 30

2014-10-25 6:13 PM
in reply to: medeiros13

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas
Subject: RE: Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN)
Pam, what an awesome day!!!!!! Love those sub 2:00 HM's, and you killed it! Also some very SMART running. 1st in AG is just icing on the cake. Seems like I recall you doubting your fitness recently. Good to be wrong sometimes .

Originally posted by medeiros13

New England's favorite past time of raking leaves. I've worked my way up to 11 miles....doing it right this time and feeling a lot better.

OK Jay, I first read that as you raking 11 miles of leaves. Might have seemed like that, but glad you were talking about running! Glad you are in a good place. Know it's a fluid thing sometimes, but betting on you to adapt and make the best of whatever life throws.

Steve, glad you have your race schedule set. That uncertainty can be so demotivating. Careful on the yard/house projects!

One week of the new job under my belt. Kind of a marathon there....trainer will be with me most of the first month. Lots of systems, policies, etc. to learn as we also try to keep up with normal flow. Got to talk with a family who was worried about moving their dad as I was leaving one day. He will be right down the hall from my FIL. I could totally empathize with their stress, and it was nice to get to reassure them. FIL fell (more like slid out of his chair) on Wednesday, and staff probably would have called 911 per policy had I not been able to go check on him. Said his knee hurt...which it always does, and then he said he was OK, which he was. My new boss is training for her first half mary (Cowtown). Who knows, maybe I'll join her. It's been tough to get anything consistent going workout wise, though I did something all but 1 day last week. Darkness is my enemy right now, and park workout routine is just not safe because there are NO lights down there. Now I seem to have picked up a cold, so will likely just be slogging through and sticking to essentials until that resolves.

Yes, Linda, how are you guys doing, and more importantly, how is your stress level? Praying that things will fall into place for you guys soon.

2014-10-25 6:34 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Jay, you made me smile by calling hills the Pam plan. Thank you Cutie. But I found a long time ago that everyone definition's of a hill is different. I heard people complaining at Savannah RNR - when the hills were about 15 ft. And I can't begin to duplicate Steve's hill of pain. But I found that seeking the hills, whatever you can find, preps you better than flat. Once in NY, our rental was near a bad azz hill. My son declared that I would be a "real runner" if I could make it up that hill. So by George, by the end of the week, I did it multiple times. Now, I seek the hills so that in races, I can call upon that. A few weeks ago, I intentionally diverted to a small loop that has a bad, bad hill. A homeowner was staring at me and watching me; I thought he was paranoid but found that he wanted to know if I knew what was around the corner. He cheered me as I ran up it.

I want to give a plug to someone. Today, Gary passed me around mile 9. Well Gary should never, ever, ever be behind me in a race. Never. So I was curious and his friend explained it. Gary just did a 100 mile race. Last weekend. In the Himalayas. Yea, I bet that was pancake flat. This weekend, he just wanted to go out and run in the beautiful weather. So I guess he just took it easy (probably had a beer or two) and then found his legs late in the race. He still whooped me royally. And he is in the 60-64 AG and I think about to move up.

Carol, so glad the job is going well. You are uniquely qualified to help people who are stressed about making those hard decisions. I know that your reassurance was God's blessing. And oh Girl, I know Cowtown is your race. Try Sweetie but only if it won't hurt you.

This time last year, I was at TN Ragnar. I was started my second leg at 1:00am. I had on a pink wig and by the end of the run, I had picked up a guy half my age. Ah good times.

Edited by Pink Socks 2014-10-25 6:40 PM
2014-10-26 11:15 AM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Grats Pam.

Nice consistency Jay, keep it up and this will be your best race year ever.

Happy the new job is going well for you Carol.

My job is fine but pretty busy as we are at 50% of the staff in my department that we were 3 years ago. Morale in general is low because our admin are hiring friends and family who are not qualified to do the job, have a really low level of professional knowledge and... well that is enough. Just tough on the worker bees. I am doing what I can but I am finding it hard to encourage good work performance when they tend to not listen to what I say and learn from it, but just lean on me to fix everything and know everything. They seem to feel incompetent and dumb when I am just trying to make them know how to do their job better so they can help the kids they work with. I bet there are some in here who have felt the same way with my attempt to be helpful in their journey. Know that it is all well intentioned even if I fail to communicate in a gentle enough manner.

Prayers to everyone seeking jobs or struggling with work environments. Take care of you and yours.

Two more weeks to get rid of my stump before I have to start my TX build.

Edited by Baowolf 2014-10-26 11:24 AM
2014-10-28 5:45 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Work had a 5K yesterday. Almost all of the 250+ people stroll and some walk hard. Probably20 run and then maybe another 20 run/walk. It's tougher course because some is XC. I intended to go easy and pretty much did so until half way. Then I realized I was probably 2nd woman. I knew I didn't have enough to pass Karen, the leader but I made it my goal to keep up with her as much as possible. She, unbeknownst to me, cast furtive glances back and swore that she would let the person that had just run a HM pass her. So she pushed which pushed me. She died near the end but I came up and told her to move, move, move because someone had inadvertently cut the course and we were not going to lose. She moved! Too fast for me and I came in about 4 secs behind her. She was winner and I was first master - well for the women. We both got gift cert to the local running store and I'm doing a happy dance.

Also, after talking to multiple people yesterday and having one friend that competed her first 5K, I volunteered to lead a run/walk group at work. I am making it know that I'm not a coach but I will map routes, safely build, find a target race, and answer some questions.

Not to be Debbie Downer but everyone, count your blessings, hug your family, thank God for the functions that we all still have. Last night, took dinner to a friend whose husband has brain cancer. It was heartbreaking to see such a dynamic man (he sent a tape into Survivor several years ago) who was shuffling, lost vision in one eye (the eye can see but the brain can't process the visual signals), and who can't find the words for what he is trying to say. And then to see a beautiful strong woman who is losing weight way too fast because of the stress and caretaking role. Second round of radiation starts tomorrow. So all, just be thankful.

Linda, I'm praying so hard for all of you. Hoping that the insurance kicked it before it was needed.

Edited by Pink Socks 2014-10-28 5:50 PM
2014-10-29 1:55 PM
in reply to: Pink Socks

User image

Veteran
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Hey everyone. Taking a quick break from raking leaves so I figured I'd do a quick post. I had planned on doing my long run today but my legs were tight after yesterday so I did an elliptical day instead. My trainer friend said it was important for me not to neglect legs as I swim/bike/run so I'm taking her advice and going back to work on them. Also, I got back in the pool today after a 2 week hiatus. I felt pretty good but the muscles you use to swim weren't happy with being worked out again without warning! I guess I could've done less yardage (or the same but smaller distances) but I know its highly unlikely I'll get in the pool after my LR tomorrow.

Pam: Don't apologize for posting something that makes you appreciate your life/family! Its good to be reminded of that sometimes.

Carol: You made me laugh when you thought I was doing 11 miles of raking leaves! My acre of land is more than enough for me thank you

Linda: Hope all is well with you and your family.

Mike D: Patriot HIM registration is open; I'll be registering next week after I get paid
2014-10-30 6:58 PM

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas
What Pam didn't mention is that she ran a 26 min 5K just a day (or was it two?) after PRing a HM (I think that was 1:53 ish). And she is healthy! Sorry Pam, I had to "out" you on that stuff. If you won't brag on you, I will!

Jay, by the time you go up and down raking leaves on that acre, you may indeed rake 11 miles!

Steve, workplace dynamics are always amazing. I think sometimes people just don't want to change/grow, and if you represent that, it is not well received.

It's been a rough ride on the new job so far. Been sick since Saturday, went to doc last night, and finally had to leave early this afternoon to get script filled and get some rest. Voice is gone, and my feeble attempts at talking lead to coughing fits. Trying to reserve judgment until I at least feel like a human again, but not sure this job is going to work out. It's either an opportunity to help rebuild, or something I should flee from, and get FIL out of there to another facility. Place is in major crisis mode, EE's quitting left and right, meds not reordered because supervisor resigned and no one knew how to/had authority to order, abuse/neglect allegations being investigated by state, etc. Know I'm seeing the unvarnished inside view, but the huge loss of managers/staff is a recent phenomenon. No one seems to set priorities. Everything is right now, constant interruptions, terribly inefficient for all. I'm told I can never let calls go to voice mail to return same day, must answer all calls even if there is someone already in my office. Corporate trainer will be with me the next two weeks starting Monday, so will see what that yields. Rant over, maybe one day soon I'll have a workout to talk about again.

2014-11-01 5:17 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Carol, Jeez, that is awful - just terrible! Will be praying for you on your decisions. Disorganization, growing pains, resignations - things like that could be short term. Abuse or neglect? Well, that would be inexcusable. They put you thru a battery of interviews to determine if you were right for them so they should have a myriad of backup of plans to bring in people to aid if a short term crisis occurs. I know that you will make the right decision. Will pray for you.

As for the "out", thanks! I'm happy about my performance for both of the races. They were two days apart and I did better in both than I would have thought. (I wish the HM was 1:53 but it was 1:56) But I know if doesn't mean that mary will go swimmingly. I'm in shape for a HM, a 15 miler, and probably an 18 miler. But I've still got a lot of miles to go past that 18-mile mark. We shall see.

Totals for month. I've really let the core and stretching slide lately and that needs to stop. Going for last long run in few min and then will begin some small core sessions this week to try to help.

Run: 23h 46m 32s - 131 Mi
Core Training: 1h 06m
Stair Running: 1h 27m
Stretching: 15m
Yoga: 3h 00m

Edited by Pink Socks 2014-11-01 5:19 AM
2014-11-01 11:41 AM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Carol, sorry about the work environment stuff. Mine is mild in comparison. If I want I can just do my job and people will leave me alone. It is only if I want folks to do a better job that it gets more involved. Maybe you can just rise to a manager and clean up the ship 8).

Pam nice work as always.

I am giving myself 2 more weeks off and then I will start a gentle build to baseline. I decided to just give all my muscles a full reset and just accept that I will be toast out of shape afterwards. I wanted to start this season knowing that all minor muscle issues had resolved, which hopefully 6 weeks off will do.

On the positive side my stump project has single handedly solved our drought issue. At this rate I won't have it out for 6 months, but at least it will rain every time I think about doing work on it. There is currently 6 inches of water in the mote around the stump.

Edited by Baowolf 2014-11-01 11:45 AM
2014-11-01 6:22 PM
in reply to: Baowolf

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Steve, you cracked me up.

Swim canceled on IMFL due to riptides. Sister Madonna is there! She is finished with the bike and 3 miles into the run. A 84 y.o. man is at mile 4.5 of run. Dang, I wish I was there this year.
2014-11-02 2:00 PM

User image

Master
Just South of Boston
so, I'm alive, and all is well. Even rode my bike today for an hour. I've been essentially on the shelf for a month due to RL stuff (crazy work, sick, etc, but nothing too awful). Decided today was the day to get back on the path, and labeled today as "2015 starts here". Havent' signed up for anything yet, but will likely get to that shortly. Gotta go check up on everything I've missed. Cheers!!! Mike
2014-11-03 2:06 PM
in reply to: Mike_D

User image

Hey everyone -

Sorry I have been MIA. I had to really make a decision on how to move forward for next season. My running is pretty slow and I struggle with breaking 10 min mile when running 4 to 5 miles plus. BUT I am so excited to say that this weekend I ran 5 miles at a 9 min mile pace. It felt really good to finally get over that hump. I had been focusing on short runs 1 to 3 miles and I think that really helped. I was wondering what everyone looks at when you buy a new bike. I have an 2009 Giant OCR2. It was originally about $2,000 and I would like to upgrade the bike just because it is old. However, I dont have the slightest clue on what to get or if I should just wait. Any advice when going to bike stores that would be great.

Thanks! nina

2014-11-03 2:50 PM
in reply to: Nvmiller

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Grats on the breakthrough in pace. Hopefully I will be back to that in a couple of months.

No one really needs a bike unless they break their frame or are riding a mountain bike. So it is really a want thing. Now if you want to buy a new bike and have saved up the money then we need to know more about what type of bike you are looking for, tri or road, basic components or upper end, race wheels or standard etc.
2014-11-04 7:34 AM

User image

Lexington, South Carolina
Hi Everybody.

I signed up to be a part of this group but have not been able to be an active participant on the forum as I would have liked due to lot of work travel. Although, I do read the extremely helpful posts and I wanted to thank all of you here for your tips, specially Steve. It played a huge role me being able to complete my first Half Iron Distance Race - Beach to Battleship 70.3 in Wilmington, NC, couple of weeks ago with really slow time of 6.47 hrs. I had a complete blast and can't wait to do another one next year. Report to follow soon and thank you again.
2014-11-04 9:46 AM

User image

Pearland,Tx
Hello Everyone

I have been out of touch. I was suppose to race last weekend for a HIM had to DNS . I am able to finish my build and in the middle of my taper i got hit by a bad virus, to make matters worse i had an adverse rxn to my decongestant ClaritinD kept me awake for 48 hrs. without a wink having trouble getting prescribe for Ambien.
I am recovered now taking the rest of the week off then build for IMTX '15 next week.

i'll be in touch with you on training but no racing scheduled for me until IMTX next year.

Cheers everyone

Carl

Edited by strykergt 2014-11-04 9:58 AM
2014-11-04 10:48 AM

User image

New user
Nina: 9-minute mile? THAT is not slow, at least not by my standards!!! Good job on the PR, you seem to be on a great path!

Sinnerman : Congrats on your HIM! Can't wait to read your RR...

Carl : what a bummer. I hope the virus goes away and you are healthy for your next race. Don't come back to it too soon, give your body time to rest, rest, rest...

I have been working on my 2015 schedule and there are so many events to choose from! Also turning 40 next year so I want to do something special... Here in Quebec the off-season is pretty long triathlon-wise, though we have run races going on all year. There are even winter triathlons (ice skate, cross-country ski, run) with distances similar to sprints and olys. But I am not intested in that for now. We'll see!

I have been pretty much idle for 2 months now (aside from the occasional bike on rollers, and walks). I have now proof that training helps tremedously with dealing with stress, as I also work long hours with short deadlines and lots of pressure. In 2 months I have had things that started bothering me, all stress-related health issues. Can't wait to go back to training. My unofficial return date was November 1st, but my sports physio postponed our Monday appointment to next week, so I do not have her green light to train yet.

Oh, I also have this half-marathon this Sunday; I changed it to a 5K - will not PR that one for sure!
2014-11-04 12:43 PM
in reply to: isabella969

User image

Veteran
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
October monthly figures:

Swim: 3100 Yd
Run: 8h 09m 14s - 52.86 Mi
Elliptical Training: 3h 10m
Stair Running: 15m

My takeaway is that I'm really starting to get back into running again but need to get more consistent with swimming. There was a week off in there due to helping a friend move and yard work but I look for reasons NOT to swim. I never put my lifting or my yard work in these totals either....so I've been more active than this appears. I also need to do something with the bike eventually. Hearing my friend tell me about her BF doing a 100 mile run by doing nothing but biking has me wondering if I can do the same with the bike if I RUN more; I know better but its a lingering thought!

Today I got in 1050 yds in the pool with a long of 600. I did this after my full body workout and it went pretty well. I've always done swimming by doing things like 10x200 for 2K yards. I spoke with a woman late in the summer that said do longer yardage to shorter....I've been doing that and so far so good. It's psychologically good to go 600 yards consecutive; especially for someone like myself that really doesn't like swimming and has had freakouts in races. Off topic, I found a pair of green shorts at Dick's Sporting Goods today. I've been looking for a long time but its important to me because I can now have my friends ChipStrong emblem put on these shorts and it'll be the color his family created for his fight against cancer and now his memory. Now, I'll be able to wear my 2 favorite causes for all of my races once I get the screening done. Its something that's pretty important to me.

Carol: I'm glad you're feeling better again. As far as the job, maybe God placed you there to clean up the mess. I know its not what you want to do...but I speak from experience on this one. I didn't know why God would want me in a negative environment like a prison for a long time.

Steve: I think it was a good move for you to take a month off after training for 2 IM's this year. I think you'll find that you're not nearly as out of shape as you think and I think that nagging shoulder and other muscles will feel much better.

Nina: Congrats on the breakthrough! I have finally hit that pace myself after struggling to get it for almost 18 months....so I can understand how you were and are feeling about that.

Sinnerman: Congrats on the HIM finish. I had 2 friends do the B2B full....they tell me its a great race. Hopefully, you'll stick around and post a little more so we can get to know you better.

Carlo: I'm really sorry about your DNS. We both had that happen to us for very different reasons though; try to use it as fuel to the fire to train harder!

Isabella: I hope your sports phsyio gives you the go ahead! Is there anything you can do that's lower impact to help you exercise? I totally get how not working out causes you undue stress; there's nothing better than having a good workout after someone ticks you off at work!

2014-11-05 2:26 PM

User image

Master
Maryland
Hello, I have been trying to follow everyone and it sounds like you are all thinking of next year's goals. That is great!

Thank you for your prayers everyone and especially Pam for her uplifting message to me. My husband is now 4 weeks without a job. My family was put on my insurance plan on Monday which is good especially for my daughter Kristina who has cancer. We are planning on putting the house up for sale and I am just trying to take care of myself and get to work each day, taking one day at a time. I had to miss Marine Corps Marathon due to lack of funding for our hotel room but they still took one night's stay out of my bank account, oh well.

I hope you all enjoy these cooler temps in some way weather it is trick or treat or a nice crisp run. Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers everyone!
2014-11-05 2:29 PM
in reply to: sinnerman

User image

Master
Maryland
Originally posted by sinnerman

Hi Everybody.

I signed up to be a part of this group but have not been able to be an active participant on the forum as I would have liked due to lot of work travel. Although, I do read the extremely helpful posts and I wanted to thank all of you here for your tips, specially Steve. It played a huge role me being able to complete my first Half Iron Distance Race - Beach to Battleship 70.3 in Wilmington, NC, couple of weeks ago with really slow time of 6.47 hrs. I had a complete blast and can't wait to do another one next year. Report to follow soon and thank you again.

Congratulations Sinnerman, not slow at all, that is a long way to go, 70.3!!! Welcome and great job!!!!!
2014-11-06 3:27 PM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Way to go on finishing your HIM and 6 hours and change is none to shabby for a first half. When comparied with what 99.9 percent of people did that weekend it is epic. Glad to provide any help I can. Celebrate your accomplishment, no need to minimize how big this is.

Carl, sorry you got laid out by the bug and drug reactions, sounds like you made the right choice. And, I will hopefully see you at IMTX!!!

Edited by Baowolf 2014-11-06 3:30 PM
2014-11-08 8:38 AM

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas
Hey there! Sorry to go AWOL lately. New job + being sick left me without energy for much else for the last few weeks.

Tri season may be over in all but the southernmost regions, but running season is on. Speaking of which....GO PAM in your mary this weekend!!!!! We will be expecting a full report.

Linda, I'm sorry you had to give up your mary, and that you are looking at more significant changes as well. So glad that going on your employer's health coverage will work for your family. That is such a huge stressor for me as well, and I have taken the worry about that back from God more times that I can count. Know that all this change and uncertainty is so hard, but sometimes it yields unanticipated new beginnings. Beauty from ashes, but it sure is hard to feel/see when the fire is raging!

Jay, what you said about being able to make a difference in a difficult environment, and being placed there for a reason, was much needed. Thank you! I came into a mess due to some key positions (including mine) being unfilled for a while. Then I was sick for the better part of two weeks while trying to get started. I've also gone from working mostly alone, to having to work through constant social interaction (trying to stop calling them interruptions . But I am part of a local management team that is acting (from everything I have been part of so far) with integrity, compassion, and real teamwork. To be honest, they are pulling me up, not the other way around. I'm starting to see that I can learn and contribute a lot during whatever time I'm there.

I am seriously thinking about signing up for the Cowtown half marathon (March 1). Don't know if I'd walk, walk/run, run, or crawl, but feeling very drawn to setting that as a goal/reward. Would be my 6th year participating in either the half or the full. Know I'd need to stick with a beginner or gallowalking type of training plan due to my current (lack of) fitness.

Hope to catch up more soon, but must get outside on this beautiful fall day!
2014-11-08 8:45 PM
in reply to: squirt

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
WooHoo Carol, go for Cowtown! It is your race and I think you should be there. Glad the job is looking up. You are right, that is a lot of stuff to handle at one time. I read Jay's advice and it sounded spot-on.

Linda, child, keep putting one foot in front of the other. Carol is right, oftentimes those tough times help shape us. But dang, they suck as we are going thru them.

Back from Soldier's Marathon. Awesome day, awesome weather, awesome spirit. PR!!! Just under 4:30 (15 min PR which is because I stayed out of the Porta's this time). Hubby was under 4:15 for his first mary and I'm so proud of him. Steve, he may shoot you a PM. He had a few issues and I suggested that he ask you. Really hope you don't mind but I respect your opinion and he does too. I will have a few questions for you later too but too tired now and although exhausted, waiting for 16 y.o. to come home from ballgame

2014-11-09 3:44 PM

User image

Master
Maryland
Originally posted by Pink Socks

WooHoo Carol, go for Cowtown! It is your race and I think you should be there. Glad the job is looking up. You are right, that is a lot of stuff to handle at one time. I read Jay's advice and it sounded spot-on.

Linda, child, keep putting one foot in front of the other. Carol is right, oftentimes those tough times help shape us. But dang, they suck as we are going thru them.

Back from Soldier's Marathon. Awesome day, awesome weather, awesome spirit. PR!!! Just under 4:30 (15 min PR which is because I stayed out of the Porta's this time). Hubby was under 4:15 for his first mary and I'm so proud of him. Steve, he may shoot you a PM. He had a few issues and I suggested that he ask you. Really hope you don't mind but I respect your opinion and he does too. I will have a few questions for you later too but too tired now and although exhausted, waiting for 16 y.o. to come home from ballgame

Pam those are great times for your marathon and your husbands! Congratulations to you both. Now treat yourselves to rest and relaxing, you deserve it!!
2014-11-09 4:01 PM

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas
Originally posted by Pink Socks

Back from Soldier's Marathon. Awesome day, awesome weather, awesome spirit. PR!!! Just under 4:30 (15 min PR which is because I stayed out of the Porta's this time).

WOOOOHOOOO!!!!! So glad you had a great day. So fun when your training and everything else come together at the right time! LOL on staying out of the porta potties. Congrats on the PR, on smart training, and smart racing!

Kerry & I are officially in for doing the Cowtown half together ! We started training yesterday with a 3 mile walk. Yes, I'm sore from that since I've been totally inactive for the last few weeks due to new job and the creeping crud. Felt really good to move.
2014-11-09 9:48 PM
in reply to: squirt

User image

SOUTH WINDSOR, Connecticut

Hello All!

I originally wrote this on Friday night and lost the internet.  Thankfully I went back a page and copied..  Just updated a bit for the past two days...

Been busy, busy, busy. All good! Didn't get as much training as I hoped in October. I keep doing longer sessions and end up needing additional days off. For November I am planning on working out 5 days a week. First couple weeks went ok. (actually started last week in October). Shorter workouts and more consistent. I have a 5K race on Thanksgiving so I will need to run outside and get used to the colder temps. - update, Saturday went biking 1/2 road 1/2 woods pretty raw trails. Had to walk through some huge craters and over quite a few fallen trees. Only one -over-tea-kettle moment.

Last week I was able to get in a nice bike ride at I took a day off from work. :-) (did on Saturday too..)

Focusing on run / swim. This week was supposed to be run Mon / Wed / Fri and swim Tue / Thu. Since winter is here my bloody noses have started again. Tuesday after 900 yards in pool it started bleeding. Since I am also on blood thinners it doesn't stop easy. 45 minutes later I finally got it to stop.
I figured I would take Wed off for good measure. Treadmill Thursday and back in pool this am - did 1100 yards to make up for the 100 I missed on Tuesday. I will slowly increase the time / distances over the next few weeks. Really looking to add some speed as well.

For 2015 I plan on doing the Winding Trails sprint tri's again as well as Terramuggus (sp?) The "big" race for me will be the Patriot HIM. Really looking forward to this one. I may also do a HM for the Hartford Marathon..  don't think I will be up to running a full but ya never know.

I hope to do the century ride in Maine again as well.

There is a LOT to look forward to! I need to sit down and go through a race / training plan soon.

Steve- IMTX and IM Boulder - Nice! great goals to look forward to. Congrats on the classes! Hope work gets better. Not fun being stressed / over worked all day. Can you use the moat around the stump for a bit of swim training? Lol..

Phil - how is the back feeling? I tweaked mine Thursday on the treadmill. Not fun.

Pink - How is the training going? Sounds like the issue was a fluke. Nice PR on the HM. I need to run on more hills. Still need to work on a solid base. Great job on the 5K too. You are a running machine! now another PR on the mary! WooHoo...

Jay - nice work with the running... I need to register for Patriot - I missed the early registration, will definitely get registered. Does it sell out? What kind of cancer did your friend have? I had Lymphoma which is lime green (reason why I asked).

Squirt - congrats on the new job... Keep the faith, you are there for a reason. Cow Town sounds like a good goal.

Nina - good job with the sub 10 run. Iam still a bit off from that, will get there though. For the bike, ask a a lot of questions... I am still on a 20+ year old steel beast.

Sinnerman- Awesome job with the HIM!

Carl - Sounds like you are better now. Great goal for 2015!

Isabella - hope you get back to training soon. I hear ya with helping for stress.

Linda - will keep your family in my prayers. "This too shall pass". Better days ahead.

Great hearing from you all.. keep training, keep praying!

Best,
-Dennis

2014-11-10 3:55 PM
in reply to: Dennis B

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Carol, Yay on you and your hubby registering for Cowtown. Go and have fun.

Dennis, good to hear from you again. You've got a lot of things planned.

RR is up at http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp... Of course all of my RR are long.

Trying to figure out if I need to go to doctor for my toe. I've lost toenails before after ultras but this time, it looks really, really bad. Called and could get in with urgent care after hours but they are so overbooked with flu and cold right now so I decided to skip so I won't take up someone else's apt and so I won't get sick. Guess I'll give it a day or two and see what happens.

Happy Veteran's Day everyone!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Rss Feed  

of 30

RELATED POSTS

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.