BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SBR Utopia ~~~~ Permanently OPEN!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 114

2014-09-15 5:28 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Subject: RE: SBR Utopia ~~~~ Permanently OPEN!!

Sorry a Non SBR tech question, but trying to finish SOS report...  what's the code for inserting pics in race reports?   tried using [IMG] and the corresponding closing tag, works on ST but not here....

2014-09-15 10:38 PM

User image

Champion
I did a tough mountain bike today. I ran into some other riders on the trails and learned that there are a bunch of Strava mountain segments around the park. lol. Guess I will have to see how I compare....I have somewhat decent skills these days compared to a few months ago. Didn't fall off the bike today. Wooooo.
2014-09-16 7:17 AM

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by ChrisM

Sorry a Non SBR tech question, but trying to finish SOS report...  what's the code for inserting pics in race reports?   tried using [IMG] and the corresponding closing tag, works on ST but not here....

I'm still having trouble in the spots at the bottom! Seems to take iPhone pics ok, but not from any other camera. Size doesn't seem to matter. Hadn't tried this though.

2014-09-17 8:57 AM

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL
Hey Chris - sorry I have been AWOL and slow to follow up, been traveling WAY too much. Anyway - that is TOTALLY a SBR topic, especially if it is the only thing that is keeping you from posting your SOS race report! You have to use strait, old fashioned HTML code - BT doesn't understand BBS code. So to post images you have to upload the image somewhere on the interwebs and then use an "img src" tag wrapped around the image URL. You can upload them first to your BT album and grab the URL from there, but I have found getting the right URL from BT to be a little bit if a chore. Another alternative is to upload them to Flickr and then use the "share" link to get the correct code. The nice thing about that is you don't have to worry about resizing the image - flickr gives you a whole bunch of image size options and gives you the appropriate code to render that image. Hope that helps!
2014-09-17 8:59 AM
in reply to: TankBoy

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL
Oh, and in NYC today and just finished a nice litle run in the park - feels like fall here. BIG change from Georgia and Alabama.
2014-09-17 10:41 AM

User image

Pro
Wisconsin near the Twin Cities metro

I did the Chequamegon 40 mountain bike race this past weekend that starts in downtown Hayward, WI and finishes in Cable, WI.  Here is a pretty cool youtube video of the start that is a controlled rollout from town a few miles to the start of the trail portion 

2014-09-17 11:01 AM
in reply to: Birkierunner

User image

Cool video Jim. The link to the interactive video was awesome. I fastworwarded and just so happened to find the section where the lead ATV crashed. Crazy. Looks like a fun course...much more tame then the trails I was introduced to this summer...LOL.
2014-09-17 11:06 AM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Jason N Cool video Jim. The link to the interactive video was awesome. I fastworwarded and just so happened to find the section where the lead ATV crashed. Crazy. Looks like a fun course...much more tame then the trails I was introduced to this summer...LOL.

We received severe storms a couple weeks ago that flooded many course sections (they remain flooded) and downed hundreds of trees that are still being cleared as we speak, so they had to re-route many sections from real trails to logging roads, so it was a very tame course this year compared to past years.  I hadn't heard about the ATV crash!

2014-09-17 11:46 AM

User image

50:20 within this video

2014-09-17 6:17 PM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL
Travel day for me so I took advantage of sitting in the airport and put together a race report for the race I did this past weekend? It was most likely my last tri of the season, and it seems I saved the toughest for last. 10th overall and won the masters, so this has officially been a pretty good season for me. I think I am about to get a little bike focused for a while.
2014-09-18 8:14 AM

User image

Elite
PEI, Canada

Shiny new toy arrived today.

Now I have to wait a week before I can use it!

(power2max.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
power2max.jpg (346KB - 4 downloads)

2014-09-18 8:24 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL
Originally posted by brigby1

Sprint tri this morning. The runner took the show for first overall, but the cyclist took the dough for 2nd overall and the $100 prize for the bike split. Not much I can do against a guy who goes 16:23 off the bike.

Ben - just got the chance to read your race report (yeah, he wrote one, just neglected to TELL anyone!) thanks for writing it up - sounds like it really all came together for you this time around. I may have missed it elsewhere, but I didn't know you got a new bike - pics?

2014-09-18 8:29 AM
in reply to: dtoce

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL
Originally posted by dtoceproud owner of a brick with my name to be etched on it...thanks to some luck, some power and giood tmingglad THAT's over-that is a tough raceand Nicole, only once did I say 'Mountain goat yourself up this f*cker!'-but it DID help me get up my nemesis of the firetower road (the second time) without stopping...there may have been some other swear words inserted in there...I met up with and paced the 3rd pace guy in the 30-34 division, a legacy guy, over the last 3 miles, including said firetower f*cking road-which was pretty cool (he was 28 OA)-and my buddy Ryan Hunt took 3rd in the 25-29 division (I stayed in the house with him thanks to Kent last year)Very nice to see and I'm very happy for them. I am just happy to be alive, get a brick and be into recovery nowGive me a drink!

Nice work Dale - just read your write-up on your blog. Sounds like you went in with a plan and executed well. Someday I am going to do this race and will need all the pointers I can get about how to capture one of those bricks! Reading about yours and Ben's races give me the shivers though - I am not quite ready for race temps in the low 40's - it seems like summer is just getting going here in the south - did you guys even get one at all?????

2014-09-18 8:30 AM

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL
Originally posted by Birkierunner

I did the Chequamegon 40 mountain bike race this past weekend that starts in downtown Hayward, WI and finishes in Cable, WI.  Here is a pretty cool youtube video of the start that is a controlled rollout from town a few miles to the start of the trail portion 

Jim - how did you do in the race?

2014-09-18 8:38 AM
in reply to: axteraa

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL
Originally posted by axteraa

WHAT?!? You aren't going to just slap it on and let it completely ruin your race this weekend??? What kind of triathlete are you???

2014-09-18 8:40 AM

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by TankBoy

Sprint tri this morning. The runner took the show for first overall, but the cyclist took the dough for 2nd overall and the $100 prize for the bike split. Not much I can do against a guy who goes 16:23 off the bike.

Ben - just got the chance to read your race report (yeah, he wrote one, just neglected to TELL anyone!) thanks for writing it up - sounds like it really all came together for you this time around. I may have missed it elsewhere, but I didn't know you got a new bike - pics?

I actually finished 3 of them and posted after midnight. Hadn't said much on the bike either as it's been a work in progress. Had frame issues when I first got it back in June and needed to warranty it. Replacement came in August and have been trying to get things together. It's an SC9 frame, but since the integrated bars are too tall I went with the steer stub. I don't think they put as much thought into this as I'm still working on tightening that up. Yes, I was bombing the hill at 40+ with the front end not super secure. Just don't lift up and it's fine, right? Still tweaking some of the other operations too. Nervous about working the FD as the hanger area cracked on the last one.

2014-09-18 8:44 AM

User image

Elite
PEI, Canada

WHAT?!? You aren't going to just slap it on and let it completely ruin your race this weekend??? What kind of triathlete are you???

If I wasn't in the middle of packing up the car and pulling out in 20 mins.....

2014-09-18 8:45 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL

I actually finished 3 of them and posted after midnight. Hadn't said much on the bike either as it's been a work in progress. Had frame issues when I first got it back in June and needed to warranty it. Replacement came in August and have been trying to get things together. It's an SC9 frame, but since the integrated bars are too tall I went with the steer stub. I don't think they put as much thought into this as I'm still working on tightening that up. Yes, I was bombing the hill at 40+ with the front end not super secure. Just don't lift up and it's fine, right? Still tweaking some of the other operations too. Nervous about working the FD as the hanger area cracked on the last one.

Nice - can't wait to see it - has to be a lot of fun building it up yourself, even though it does bring its own frustrations as well. And yeah, eyes closed and hammer down. What 's the worst that can happen, right? ;^)

2014-09-18 8:47 AM
in reply to: axteraa

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL

If I wasn't in the middle of packing up the car and pulling out in 20 mins.....

pppppppppphhhhht. Just get to transition a few minutes early. ;^)

Good luck this weekend - can't wait to read all about it.

2014-09-18 8:50 AM

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL
And just a quick rules clarification: isn't there some sort of statute of limitations on writing race reports? Aren't we still waiting on them from Marc, Neil, and Chris?
2014-09-18 12:50 PM

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL
Anybody else watching Jens live stream record attempt? It is weirdly riveting to watch. Not going to get to see the end though as I have to step in to a meeting - auuuugh.

2014-09-18 1:41 PM

User image

I know it's over already, but watching (or more like listening to it) it on youtube now not knowing the end result.    There really isn't much to see watching a guy go around the track over and over again, but the commentary is pretty good. 

2014-09-18 2:40 PM

User image

Originally posted by TankBoy Anybody else watching Jens live stream record attempt? It is weirdly riveting to watch. Not going to get to see the end though as I have to step in to a meeting - auuuugh.

I got called into a meeting just as it started.  Probably for the best, as I missed the first half hour and just FF to the good part.  Had it streaming while I did other work and just listened to the commentary.  Enjoyed hearing the "whistle" marking where he thought he would be pace wise, and watching that point circle further and further around the track.  

Impressive, and hope it leads to more attempts.   It was clear with several minutes to go that barring a mechanical or complete meltdown the record was his.  Will be interesting if a Wiggo etc takes up the mantle, and it goes down to the wire due to jens' effort

2014-09-18 2:41 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Originally posted by TankBoy And just a quick rules clarification: isn't there some sort of statute of limitations on writing race reports? Aren't we still waiting on them from Marc, Neil, and Chris?

You are estopped from complaining as you are apparently the only one that knew how to insert photos, and chose to actually live your life rather than lurking on the 'net to answer my question      It's all written, just have to get the pics inserted.

Edited by ChrisM 2014-09-18 2:41 PM
2014-09-18 4:03 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Birkierunner

Jim - how did you do in the race?

680/1859 OA, 641/1690 OAMale, 89/246 M50-54    I do this race only for fun and to get out on the gorgeous trail system in that neck of the woods where we also x-c ski race in winter.  After being on a TT bike all summer, I get on a mountain bike about 3 times before the race, and still had mud on my bike from last year's race   Being a few weeks post-IM it is just a nice way to get the heart rate up again

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SBR Utopia ~~~~ Permanently OPEN!! Rss Feed  

of 114

RELATED POSTS

Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30

Started by Baowolf
Views: 37189 Posts: 743

2015-03-16 2:42 AM scubabrad02

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 72634 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : September 25, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
Discussion on sinking hips, balance drills, open water freak-out, best breathing for open water swimming and head position.