BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SBR Utopia ~~~~ Permanently OPEN!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 114

2014-10-21 7:04 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

Master
, California
Subject: RE: SBR Utopia ~~~~ Permanently OPEN!!

Originally posted by ChrisM

Originally posted by Jason N

Originally posted by axteraa

And I made a hotel reservation for late July in Whistler.   Just in case

Happened across a pretty good rte in expedia, checked the hotel website and it was about $20 higher.  Called to see if they'd match and they said "hmmm, that's a mistake, should be $100 higher, I'd book right now if I were you as I am going to go change it."  Type as fast as I could and got a hotel 2 minutes from the finish for a touch over 100/night, with cancellation up to the Thursday before.  That is, IF I sign up.....

Sweet deal!  Always a good idea to keep your options open.  

I'd see it as knee deep rather than keeping options open...LOL.

Pretty much

Looks like 2015 will be

Boise 70.3
IM Canada
Silverman 70.3

Plus some other various and sundries

And Alcatraz a week before Boise.  Because you're getting in, remember.

2014-10-22 12:09 PM
in reply to: spudone

Master
Northern IL

Had been feeling a bit tired and had a little soreness creeping in last night and when I got up this morning, so wasn't sure about doing the hard run scheduled. Decided to put it on hills instead of flatter to lessen the impact and made it through feeling pretty good. And even now feeling much better than beforehand. Huh.

2014-10-22 4:26 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by brigby1

Had been feeling a bit tired and had a little soreness creeping in last night and when I got up this morning, so wasn't sure about doing the hard run scheduled. Decided to put it on hills instead of flatter to lessen the impact and made it through feeling pretty good. And even now feeling much better than beforehand. Huh.

I constantly use that alternative, especially as I have been unable to do a true 'hard' effort lately. 

As a bonus, I try to do it in the mountains. Good for body and soul.  

2014-10-22 5:57 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Originally posted by spudone

Happened across a pretty good rte in expedia, checked the hotel website and it was about $20 higher.  Called to see if they'd match and they said "hmmm, that's a mistake, should be $100 higher, I'd book right now if I were you as I am going to go change it."  Type as fast as I could and got a hotel 2 minutes from the finish for a touch over 100/night, with cancellation up to the Thursday before.  That is, IF I sign up.....

Pretty much

Looks like 2015 will be

Boise 70.3
IM Canada
Silverman 70.3

And AG Nats 2 weeks after Canada (presumptuous that I could qualify again, but might as well dream )

Haven't signed up for anything yet, so all options are open.  This i the way racing should be, wait until you want to actually sign up. 

Edited by ChrisM 2014-10-22 5:58 PM
2014-10-22 6:21 PM

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by spudone

Pretty much

Looks like 2015 will be

Boise 70.3
IM Canada
Silverman 70.3

And AG Nats 2 weeks after Canada (presumptuous that I could qualify again, but might as well dream )

Haven't signed up for anything yet, so all options are open.  This i the way racing should be, wait until you want to actually sign up. 

Works out nice when you can do that!

2014-10-22 6:24 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by Asalzwed

I constantly use that alternative, especially as I have been unable to do a true 'hard' effort lately. 

What changes with yours? I still pushed the intensity just as much (with HR assist), but with the lower speed it wasn't quite as stressful for the lower extremities as I could land better and a bit softer.

2014-10-23 7:13 AM

User image

Elite
PEI, Canada

Well, I put it off as long as I could but I finally had to dig out the trainer this morning.  Daylight is getting short and it is supposed to be raining after work.  

I yield. 

2014-10-23 7:45 AM
in reply to: axteraa

User image

Extreme Veteran

Well, I put it off as long as I could but I finally had to dig out the trainer this morning.  Daylight is getting short and it is supposed to be raining after work.  

I yield. 

I have been on the trainer since Vegas. Not often, but 3 times a week
Yesterday's workout was digging a 18-20 inch deep trench, about 8 feet long, for the pain cave

That and running around a city in Lockdown trying to get kids home. My daughter was a few hundred meters from the shooting and my son was in lock down at the university. Very sad times.
2014-10-23 7:47 AM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Elite
PEI, Canada

Originally posted by marcag

I yield. 

I have been on the trainer since Vegas. Not often, but 3 times a week Yesterday's workout was digging a 18-20 inch deep trench, about 8 feet long, for the pain cave That and running around a city in Lockdown trying to get kids home. My daughter was a few hundred meters from the shooting and my son was in lock down at the university. Very sad times.

Sad indeed.  Scary that they were so close to it!  Glad everyone is ok.

2014-10-23 10:13 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2014-10-23 10:17 AM
in reply to: Fred D

2014-10-23 11:22 AM

I yield. 

I have been on the trainer since Vegas. Not often, but 3 times a week Yesterday's workout was digging a 18-20 inch deep trench, about 8 feet long, for the pain cave That and running around a city in Lockdown trying to get kids home. My daughter was a few hundred meters from the shooting and my son was in lock down at the university. Very sad times.

Marc, glad all are OK.   what a scary situation.   And having a nephew in law that was in our honor guard, not that it makes it worse, but to attack someone on that duty just seems.... different.

2014-10-23 1:16 PM
in reply to: axteraa

Champion

I yield. 

Sad indeed.  Scary that they were so close to it!  Glad everyone is ok.

I had a bunch of friends who were in lockdown yesterday too. Glad everyone is ok!
2014-10-23 5:33 PM
in reply to: mndymond

I've been quiet on it but battling some extensor tendonitis in the foot.  This time of year my feet always seem to go bad.   This was a stupid injury, arose after I had to walk 3 miles including some steep downhills after a 17 miler two weeks ago.  Was able to run 35 miles on it last week as it receded enough to run mostly pan free, including 19 miles Sunday, and felt pretty good Monday.

But tuesday ran 6 with my zoots and it flared up, maybe the shoes?   

Was supposed to have a 30K trail race Sunday but unlikely as I a going to try to do elliptical /water running in the nex 7-10 days.   Although I've said that before, end never got around to it.

Fitness is there enough for the marathon, just have to keep some semblance of it and let the foot heal enough.   gets a bit better everyday.

2014-10-24 12:32 PM

Seattle

Originally posted by Asalzwed

What changes with yours? I still pushed the intensity just as much (with HR assist), but with the lower speed it wasn't quite as stressful for the lower extremities as I could land better and a bit softer.

It's pretty similar to you. Getting similar intensity of the workout but slower speed. For whatever reason, I feel more relaxed when focusing my energy on climbing than maintaining a fast pace. Like you said, softer landing but also less tension, specifically my face. 

2014-10-24 1:54 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

Champion
Taking a break from scheduled training for the next month until things settle down a little bit for me. Hoping that my foot will settle down a bit. I did a spin class and step class at the Y yesterday for some element of cross training. Foot isn't bothering me this am. Maybe some other movements aside from running with help to strengthen the ankles and feet up a bit to tolerate running a bit better. Basically just aiming for 1 workout a day of some form of swim, bike, run/walk. Would like to build into next season without injury...one of my staff also bought me a season's pass for the X-country ski park this season so guess I gotta get out there too!

Start interviews this upcoming week for ER so that is also a reason for unregimented training. Starts off with UBC in Vancouver, then to Edmonton, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Regina and Thunder Bay. 14 days on the road with my suit and selected workout gear. So far Ontario and the East (aside from Thunder Bay/Sudbury) has rejected me. Lol. Still waiting on Dalhousie, Western and Queens...but I'm feeling those will probably be no's too. Competitive year apparently! Just gotta go with da flow, have 6 interviews at least!

2014-10-24 1:55 PM

Champion

I've been quiet on it but battling some extensor tendonitis in the foot.  This time of year my feet always seem to go bad.   This was a stupid injury, arose after I had to walk 3 miles including some steep downhills after a 17 miler two weeks ago.  Was able to run 35 miles on it last week as it receded enough to run mostly pan free, including 19 miles Sunday, and felt pretty good Monday.

Was supposed to have a 30K trail race Sunday but unlikely as I a going to try to do elliptical /water running in the nex 7-10 days.   Although I've said that before, end never got around to it.

Fitness is there enough for the marathon, just have to keep some semblance of it and let the foot heal enough.   gets a bit better everyday.

Hope it keeps getting better Chris!!
2014-10-25 6:49 AM

2014-10-25 6:51 AM

2014-10-25 7:51 AM

Extreme Veteran

I am so looking forward to Lionel cruuuuuuuuushing Starky at IM Florida.

I hope he just flies by him on the bike

2014-10-25 7:54 AM

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by mndymond

Hope it keeps getting better Chris!!

x2

I had never heard of extensor tendonitis. I guess I haven't had every lower extremity injury. Yet :-)

Just kidding of course, but I am trying to incorporate some strength training (not dumbells and that stuff) and stretching.

2014-10-25 8:31 AM

Extreme Veteran

In other SBR equipment news :-)...I sold my Powertap wheel. I had it on my road bike and my Quarq on my tri bike

I may try a Vector S and see if I like that

The pain cave is progressing. I have electricity and heating.

2014-10-25 11:12 AM

2014-10-25 11:14 AM

2014-10-25 11:33 AM

Master
Mechanicsburg, PA
Originally posted by Fred D

Trying to figure out the rest of next year's race schedule...

IMMT is in the books for 2015.

Thinking Syracuse 70.3 or maybe Blackbear HIM.

Currently running and swimming a lot, with little biking. I start back up with Shane in December, New house *might* be ready by Turkey Day, more likely in December. Unfortunately if it isn't ready by Turkey Day, then it takes quite a long time to get the workers back. Can be weeks...

Lastly, I ended up achieving All American in M40-44 this year. Very happy with that, and truthfully if IMMT was in Merica' then I would have moved up some more. We will see what M45-49 brings next year ;-)

I am looking at one of these pre IMMT. High probability I will be solo for my 2015 race season.

Black Bear HIM - May 31st - Small event kind of a grass roots'ish, harder course than Syracuse 70.3. Its earlier and you have done it.

Challenge Quassy HIM - Jun 7th - ? But I want to do it

Syracuse 70.3 - Jun 21st - Big event and good vibes. Miss leading bike elevation but a fast bike course. The run is brutal!!!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SBR Utopia ~~~~ Permanently OPEN!! Rss Feed  

of 114

RELATED POSTS

Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30

Started by Baowolf
Views: 37384 Posts: 743

2015-03-16 2:42 AM scubabrad02

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 72760 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : September 25, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
Discussion on sinking hips, balance drills, open water freak-out, best breathing for open water swimming and head position.