General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Inside ankle pain help Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-05-19 1:18 AM

New Westminster, British Columbia
Subject: Inside ankle pain help
Hi all... I've only recently started running and I've noticed funny pain on the inside of my right ankle for a few days. It didn't start hurting while running, it was sometime later. Pushing on the bony knob to about 2" directly above it is painful. When I start walking or running in the morning it's actively painful but goes away in a few minutes, although pushing on the spots still hurts a bit. I thought I'd be able to identify the offending tendon by looking at a pic of foot anatomy / researching but I'm lost. All the photos of posterior tibial tendon stress seem to be behind the bony knob on the ankle, closer to the heel. My arch, top of foot, Achilles, front and back of leg don't hurt at all. I got shin splints years ago but those were right on the front of my shin. I tried hopping on the foot and I'm able to do that easily (whew). * ETA I also tried the dorsiflexing in the BT article about soleus pain and I can do that just fine.

Health insurance for feet issues stinks in BC and I won't have the $ to see a podiatrist for about 6 weeks. Anyone have any tips for me? My shoes are pretty new so I may be able to talk to the Running Room and work something out if changing shoes is my best bet.

Edited by saiye 2014-05-19 1:33 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Inside ankle pain help Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

pain on inside of leg

Started by uonthebeach
Views: 638 Posts: 4

2007-10-20 1:06 PM LaurenSU02

Pain on inside of right knee

Started by mjewen
Views: 2076 Posts: 12

2007-10-21 9:06 PM mjewen

Pain on inside ankle on long runs

Started by PirateGirl
Views: 1910 Posts: 3

2007-03-07 3:49 PM labrat

pain on the inside of the knees when biking uphill

Started by devotchkatata
Views: 721 Posts: 3

2005-07-13 11:33 AM devotchkatata

Mild Inside knee pain and fluid

Started by patunnar
Views: 1160 Posts: 5

2004-12-10 4:26 PM gr8brindle
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 30, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
*The past few weeks I have had this dull, sometimes sharp pain around my ankle. It's on the front of my ankle (which is weird). I get the most pain when swimming.

date : March 23, 2011
comments : 0
What could be causing the pain on the top of the foot at the toes? Here are some easy ways to find the cause and possibly end the pain.
date : June 25, 2010
I did more therapy, more stretches, more exercises and stopped running for over six months. I am just coming back to triathlon after a year off due to this ankle injury.

date : May 25, 2009
In the fall I was running on some trails and rolled my ankle pretty bad. I took a few weeks off from running and let it heal. Every so often, my ankle feels swollen, or off.
date : June 5, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 8
When I swim I struggle to get a full breath and consequently run down faster. I spend part of my training on the side of the pool gasping for air.

date : January 1, 2006
author : acbadger
I’ve signed up to do the St. Anthony’s Olympic Triathlon in April. I will be 49 in May and need some advice on a good training program to fit into my full time work schedule.
date : October 30, 2005
Been having ankle and achilles pain. Went to sports med/therapy clinic...was given stretches to help achilles and had an appointment made for getting orthotics.

date : April 9, 2005
The only time it hurt is when I stretched my left calf. I guess, "flexing" the ankle the way you do when stretching your calf is what was hurting it. The place it hurt is just fore of the ankle bone.