BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 27

2014-10-09 4:12 PM
in reply to: dprocket

User image

Veteran
Shawnee
Subject: RE: Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed
Hey Jenn I just looked at your profile and noticed you have Glycerin's as your running shoe.

is that right?

I run in Glycerin's and have been in the 10's for the past 3 years. I stock up on them and rotate them. I'm just now am starting to buy up 11's as they are on clearance price (can get for about $80) and ran this past 70.3 in them. I won't have the 12's for about 2-3 more years lol.

2014-10-09 4:18 PM
in reply to: funkj25

User image

Hey all,
I'm still hanging around. I've taken most of the past few weeks off to rest the hip. I'm finally joining my gym this coming weekend- excited to be getting back to working out. I've also started running again and got back on the bike (trainer) for the first time since August yesterday. Just my luck though, I had left my Garmin on all day/night and it was dead

Awesome on the PBS special. I was technically on TV once, though I was about 18 and it was TRL (Total Request Live) on Senior Cut Day. Yes, I basically lived Ferris Bueller's Day Off, though NYC, not Chicago.

My race schedule is probably going to be fairly light next year. I'm already signed up for the NJ State Olympic Race- Opening Day sign up gave you a shot for $50 registration, which I didn't win . Not sure what else I'll do.

In unrelated news, we finally found out that the future triathlete joining the family in February will in fact be a girl. Couldn't be happier as we already have a boy!!!

I'm SOOOO jealous you got into (and are able to do) Escape from Alcatraz. It's definitely a bucket list race for me, but not until I'm confident I wouldn't drown. We have something similar in Cape May called Escape the Cape where the ferry drops you off 1 mile off the coast and you swim back. I'm hoping to do it in 2015 or 16 maybe.

So here's a totally random question, who here uses a BIG phone. I traded in my Galaxy S4 for an Iphone 6+ I love it, but the thing is massive. So far, I've run with it in my pocket whcih went fine but I have concerns, and with a spybelt (where it barely fit). Anybody put a big phone (Galaxy Note or similar) in an arm band?

2014-10-09 4:59 PM
in reply to: sethjk

User image

Veteran
Shawnee
Originally posted by sethjk

So here's a totally random question, who here uses a BIG phone. I traded in my Galaxy S4 for an Iphone 6+ I love it, but the thing is massive. So far, I've run with it in my pocket whcih went fine but I have concerns, and with a spybelt (where it barely fit). Anybody put a big phone (Galaxy Note or similar) in an arm band?

I have an S4 and will likely go to the Note 4 soon. I have actually taken to running with my phone in my hand over the summer. I put it in a plastic baggy to protect from sweat and just use my fingers and palm (no wrapping the thumb). I got used to it and it worked well.

However, those big phones may be a different deal. What I suspect I'll do eventually is get some BT headphones and then use something like your SPI band that will hold the phone tight to the body and not flop around. I have an armband that I've started to hate with my S4, and think I'd hate it even more with a bigger screen.

I probably will look at some options that build on my simple handheld method sort of like this: http://minimalistrunningshoes.org/yurbuds-race-case
or
http://www.mygostrap.com/
2014-10-10 7:12 PM

User image

, Vermont
Originally posted by dprocket

Hey Jenn I just looked at your profile and noticed you have Glycerin's as your running shoe.

is that right?

I run in Glycerin's and have been in the 10's for the past 3 years. I stock up on them and rotate them. I'm just now am starting to buy up 11's as they are on clearance price (can get for about $80) and ran this past 70.3 in them. I won't have the 12's for about 2-3 more years lol.

I do have the 12's right now. How are you liking the 11's? They were quite a change from the 9's & 10's - which I loved. The 11's I found to be a disappointment. I am so happy to move into the 12's. Again they have had a style change - wider sole (seems to be a trend with many brands lately) but I am liking the overall fit better than the 11's. Ironically I used to run in Asics Nimbus but switched to Brooks Glycerin because of the narrower sole and now it's back to wider! LOL Ah, well. I am comfortable and that's what matters. I think the 9's/10's are still my favorite with the 12's very close behind.

Speaking of which, I got a run in today when showers popped up here and there discouraging a bike ride. Finally decided to carry the phone along for Strava for the fun of it. I hate carrying anything when I run - even my water bottle. It was cool to see where my speed increased and decreased and by how much. i can't wait to get some kind of GPS watch/HRM for things like this. Disturbingly fun and foreseeably time consuming! LOL
Cheers all!

Seth - good to see you here again!!
2014-10-10 8:04 PM
in reply to: #4998443

User image

, Vermont
Seth, congratulations on your little girl! How exciting!
2014-10-13 6:29 PM
in reply to: aviatrix802

Union, Kentucky
Seth, congratulations, that's very exciting! We also have a boy and a girl, they're about 2 years apart. It's fun having one of each since boys and girls grow and develop so differently. It was amazing how much more quickly the girl learned to talk.

Jenn, that sounds like a great show to be a part of. I've meant to ask what kinds of aircraft you fly? I work on jet engines for a living, maybe you fly with one of mine?

Kind of a slow week here; my wife has a fall break so we just got back from a 4 day weekend out of town. Which was fun but I didn't really exercise any except for 12oz curls. Lots of reps of those! This coming weekend we're doing a family 5k around a NASCAR track, so that should be fun.

I'm also thinking I'll order a new bike this week- I'm pretty settled on getting a Felt AR5. Looks like a great road bike that I could press into Tri service. Excited for that!

2014-10-14 2:09 PM
in reply to: Spillicus

User image

, Vermont
Originally posted by Spillicus

Seth, congratulations, that's very exciting! We also have a boy and a girl, they're about 2 years apart. It's fun having one of each since boys and girls grow and develop so differently. It was amazing how much more quickly the girl learned to talk.

Jenn, that sounds like a great show to be a part of. I've meant to ask what kinds of aircraft you fly? I work on jet engines for a living, maybe you fly with one of mine?

Kind of a slow week here; my wife has a fall break so we just got back from a 4 day weekend out of town. Which was fun but I didn't really exercise any except for 12oz curls. Lots of reps of those! This coming weekend we're doing a family 5k around a NASCAR track, so that should be fun.

I'm also thinking I'll order a new bike this week- I'm pretty settled on getting a Felt AR5. Looks like a great road bike that I could press into Tri service. Excited for that!

You are going to LOVE the Felt AR5!!! I am jealous!! So great! Have you given it a test ride yet??
I used to love NASCAR. I worked on a pit crew for a NASCAR North team years ago. Occasionally we'd race against the regular Busch guys at Loundon, NH and places like that. I did tire temps and shock travel readings (to tell if the driver really knew what he was talking about when he said he was loose or tight in the corners. Interesting stuff.

I have flown a bunch of stuff from Airbus 319's, Jetstream 41's, Boeing 767/757's, Citation II, Hawker 400, and a bunch of small stuff when I instructed. If you're in KY, do you work for TransStates? They have 41's. Are they still around? I think they are.

I'm slacking with 3 days off this past weekend. I think I'm only 6/28 with a bike ride today. It's 77 degrees here which is unheard of for VT in October but holy cats is it windy!! 17kts gusting to 26kts. (19.5 mph gusts to 30 mph) It was a good practice in balancing the bike in gusty winds. Tomorrow is supposed to be much the same - I will definitely be out there again!!
2014-10-14 2:20 PM

User image

Thank you all for the well wishes!!!!
Dave- I hated my GS4 and so far am loving the Iphone 6+. Man, the camera!!! (and no samsung "additions")

I honestly have nothing to add about Nascar- I'm a Jersey boy, and despite the fact that I live right by a few raceways, car racing is not exactly a popular sport around these parts (maybe South Jersey).

Andrew- enjoy the new bike. I'd love to get a Felt. I actually just changed my work PC background to Rinny riding her Felt (Don't tell my wife).

As I mentioned earlier, I finally joined my local gym. I was able to get in a real quick swim at lunch yesterday (about 500 yards in 20 minutes). The plan will probably be for 1 quick lunch swim/week, and 2-3 days lifting at lunch. I'll also swim 1-2 mornings per week. Now, I need to fit in runs and bikes.
My gym offers you complimentary personal training every six weeks. Further, the first time, you get 1 session for a Functional Movement Screening and then a training session. I had the FMS today. I got lucky in that the trainer I've been paired up with is a triathlete. She started in her mid 40s and is now about 50 and just completed her first full Iron distance race (Challenge AC) in June. I'm really excited to be working with her. There are apparently a lot of triathletes at my gym.

One interesting tip she gave was to stop training with headphones (mainly because they aren't allowed on the course) but also because it helps you get into that zen mode. I'm not sure I'd give up my podcast time, but we'll see.

Hope everybody's having a great training week. I'm finally stepping it up with a bike/swim yesterday, FMS today, run tomorrow, swim Thursday, and Bike Friday.

2014-10-14 9:41 PM

Union, Kentucky
No, I haven't given it a test ride. Unfortunately there is not a 51cm felt AR within 100 miles of my house as far as I can tell. I had to settle for the right size in a an F of some sort, which is dimensionally similar except with a little more stack height. The fit of that bike was good, probably better than my current bike which is a 53cm that is somewhat aggressive, so it's probably a little too long for me as I tend to slide a bit forward on the saddle. I wasn't done growing at the time I bought it (like I said, it's 20 years old!) so it was somewhat of a mystery how much growing room it would need. I know some people wouldn't buy a bike without a test ride and $350 computer driven bike fitting, but I've ridden a lot of bikes over the years and haven't found much trouble with fitting. My proportions are pretty standard and I don't have any odd joint issues, so things tend to fit me well "out of the box" and with just a little tweak to things like seat post height and cleat angle, I'm good. I'm optimistic this will be true of the AR, and based on the ride on the F I'm feeling pretty good about it, and should something start to bother me as I ride longer, I imagine it will be fixable with minor changes. We'll see! I do think if it were a tri bike I'd be more likely to be more concerned with details of the fit though, as extended time in the optimized aero position is a more nuanced thing in both comfort and in getting the most efficiency.

I actually work for GE in engineering R&D for turbine engines in Cincinnati (my town in KY is a suburb of Cincinnati just across the river). I know the A319 and B767 engines well, at least the ones we make. Most of the work I'm doing now is on future engines though, and there are lots to keep us busy these days. I don't know TransStates. The closest job I've had to an airline was working in an engine shop at Comair for a while supporting their maintenance on CF34 engines on their CRJs. That was fun to get out in the "real world" a little before going back to the lab

I'm not really that into NASCAR, but I still think it will be fun to run on that track. I've watched some of the races before with my brother, as he's a big fan. I wouldn't mind going to the race sometime just for the experience, I did go to a Le Mans series race a number of years ago and it was fun.

Seth, glad to hear you like the phone, I have an iPhone 6 on order. Hope it fits in my saddle bag as easily as the 5. I'd gotten similar advice regarding headphones and most of this year I've run without them, and I don't miss them as much as I thought I would. For longer runs like a 10k I might still bring them, figuring I'm also bringing water and such so why not. Enjoy the gym and hit it hard before the baby comes.

2014-10-16 9:01 PM

Union, Kentucky
Bike is ordered, should be here in a week to 10 days! I'm like a kid waiting on Santa now!

One change I did make was a swamp from a 12-25 cassette to 11-28, with a 52-36 up front that should be a great range of gearing for me in these hills.

Hopefully we can get some warmish, rain free days in late October/early November.
2014-10-17 9:09 AM

User image

Veteran
Shawnee
Make sure you posts the pics of the bling when it arrives!

2014-10-17 10:44 AM

User image

, Vermont
Yes, pictures would be fun! My friend is a cyclist (races) and has an AR but I forgot which one. Loves it.

Got 2 rides in this week with the crazy warm mid-70's temps. First one was 20 miles with a nice hill I like to train on and the second day was 33 miles with some significant rolling hills. The wind was absolutely howling and on the second day part of the route (last 10 miles) is a route I commonly ride and it took me almost twice as long to ride with the insane wind. I wish I had a power meter to prove to myself I was putting in just as much effort. It killed me! I don't know where I'm sitting on my self challenge, somewhere around 8/28. It stinks but I'm trying to be better. Lots of sleepless nights and dragging days for whatever reason. - still getting used to the dark, cold, wet mornings.
Cheers all!
2014-10-17 12:15 PM

User image

Veteran
Shawnee
Originally posted by aviatrix802

Yes, pictures would be fun! My friend is a cyclist (races) and has an AR but I forgot which one. Loves it.

Got 2 rides in this week with the crazy warm mid-70's temps. First one was 20 miles with a nice hill I like to train on and the second day was 33 miles with some significant rolling hills. The wind was absolutely howling and on the second day part of the route (last 10 miles) is a route I commonly ride and it took me almost twice as long to ride with the insane wind. I wish I had a power meter to prove to myself I was putting in just as much effort. It killed me! I don't know where I'm sitting on my self challenge, somewhere around 8/28. It stinks but I'm trying to be better. Lots of sleepless nights and dragging days for whatever reason. - still getting used to the dark, cold, wet mornings.
Cheers all!

I know what you mean. After 70.3, I decided to take 2 solid weeks off of any training. I'm on about day 10 and I've been sick the ENTIRE time. It sucks, because I don't feel rested at all. I think after the 70.3 my immune system was weakened leaving me susceptible to illness. I think exercise also helps the immune system (in general). I think my body is actually suffering from not getting the exercise and trying to adapt to this "new" lifestyle. I guess the moral of the story is that I need to get back at it. I will very soon, but it will just have to be lower intensity so hopefully I can continue to "recover" while being active.

My dream of being fat and happy on the couch with loads of extra sleep for 2 weeks is just not a reality.
2014-10-17 9:11 PM

Union, Kentucky
I'll be sure to post pictures. The only bummer is that I'll be out of town next weekend, so I won't be able to either pick it up or enjoy it if it's ready by then. Oh well.

Lots of wind here now too, and it seemed to just rain all week. Jenn, I took a look at the Strava post on your windy ride and it does look like the last 10 miles were way slow for a flat route, that must have been quite the grind. That gets mentally taxing after a bit I think.

I managed to get in a short run yesterday, but that's about it. Even though I don't get in nearly the time and distance as others, the lack of activity has messed with me a little I think. I had a bit of a stiff, sore knee I think from not doing enough lately, and the run seemed to help stretch it out, today it feels better. Another reminder not to be such a slacker. This weekend looks good for weather, and have a family 5k tomorrow and I'm hoping for a ride Sunday.

Have a fun weekend all!
2014-10-19 9:49 PM

User image

Veteran
Shawnee
Alright guys, since it seems like we've got a pretty high tech bunch, I'm counting on your ingenuity to help me. I don't think I've touched on this too much previously, however I've got a funky run gait. Basically, I severely under pronate, which is basically the opposite of how most runners run. The shoes companies make neutral shoes and guidance shoes and the guidance shoes are gears toward over-pronaters. I wear a neutral shoe and basically rip shoes to shreads like crazy. Here's what I'm taking about...exhibit #1:

This shoe looks like this after about 150 miles. It's mainly on the right foot, as you can see, the right edge just gets chewed up. This is one of my earlier pair of running shoes. I was running in them about 150 and then had to replace them because the cushion on that side just was gone.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/wrx9y0xjkuc9e32/AAC07ppD33nYlQgTGAPKrckta

Last year, I tried to get clever. I ran in 2 different shoes, and used Shoe Goo and slathered it on the side every few runs to build up the sole on that side. Despite running many more miles, this definitely helped.

The only problem, is that this looks bad and it's kind of just slapping stuff on...there's not a good way make sure it's applied consistently. Here' what that shoes looks like after a season of running (and about 350 miles on each pair....)

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/lry4h87pfw95z03/AABRryDFkcc0nOOqZB9-j_6Ca

Just before my last race, I started a new pair. These shoes had a total of 20 miles on them, and have received no shoe Goo. Take a look at how much I've already chewed through them.

So, what do you guys think? I think i need to keep applying something to the sole to build that side up, so I can tear through it without ruining the shoes. It would be nice if I could somehow mold the stuff so that it mainly only covered the area that is wearing down, instead of the whole side. I can keep applying the goo the way that I am, but it seems like I should be able to think of a more elegant way.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/0laqncqhkn9l8lr/AAAffHgpAcEgSgA3NV6GCFqua

Thoughts?

(BTW, in case anyone is thinking..."why don't you fix your run"?.....basically, after some extensive reasearch, I've determined that other than eating up shoes, it's not really a problem. Many people are successful in correcting pronation issues with exercises, however it seems that under pronating is quite unusual and most experts seem to think underpronating is not really a "bad" thing.
2014-10-20 11:15 AM

User image

, Vermont
9/28 with a spin class and a swim today. I won't make my goal this month but hey, there's always November.
I'm going back to read some of these previous posts to catch up.

2014-10-20 11:20 AM

User image

, Vermont
Originally posted by Spillicus

I'll be sure to post pictures. The only bummer is that I'll be out of town next weekend, so I won't be able to either pick it up or enjoy it if it's ready by then. Oh well.

Lots of wind here now too, and it seemed to just rain all week. Jenn, I took a look at the Strava post on your windy ride and it does look like the last 10 miles were way slow for a flat route, that must have been quite the grind. That gets mentally taxing after a bit I think.

I managed to get in a short run yesterday, but that's about it. Even though I don't get in nearly the time and distance as others, the lack of activity has messed with me a little I think. I had a bit of a stiff, sore knee I think from not doing enough lately, and the run seemed to help stretch it out, today it feels better. Another reminder not to be such a slacker. This weekend looks good for weather, and have a family 5k tomorrow and I'm hoping for a ride Sunday.

Have a fun weekend all!

It was brutal - probably the windiest I've encountered. My time was almost double on that section!! My butt was also killing me so I spent some time out of the saddle and coasting some of the roller downhills. I had also biked the day before in crazy wind on my favorite hill so that could have been a factor. Definitely was wishing I had a power meter that day! LOL

I hope your 5k went well!
2014-10-20 11:28 AM

User image

Originally posted by dprocket

Alright guys, since it seems like we've got a pretty high tech bunch, I'm counting on your ingenuity to help me. I don't think I've touched on this too much previously, however I've got a funky run gait. Basically, I severely under pronate, which is basically the opposite of how most runners run. The shoes companies make neutral shoes and guidance shoes and the guidance shoes are gears toward over-pronaters. I wear a neutral shoe and basically rip shoes to shreads like crazy. Here's what I'm taking about...exhibit #1:

This shoe looks like this after about 150 miles. It's mainly on the right foot, as you can see, the right edge just gets chewed up. This is one of my earlier pair of running shoes. I was running in them about 150 and then had to replace them because the cushion on that side just was gone.

Sorry to say, I got nothing. I pronate (maybe severely) and wear Brooks Adrenalines as a result. Mine are usually shot by about 200 miles. Current pair is looking pretty worn at 141 miles.

Got in a great swim on Friday morning (1150 yards) and tehn a 45 minute recovery bike ride Friday night which equaled 6 workouts in 5 days (3 bike, 2 swim, 1 run, 1 functional movement screen).

So, as seems typical, as soon as I get into a great training groove, sickness strikes. Was sick most of the weekend and scrapped this morning's swim. I think I'm finally on the mend, though I have a VERY swollen lymph node for which I'm on antibiotics. Tomorrow morning I have my personal training session and I'm excited to start a strength training routine.
2014-10-20 11:28 AM

User image

, Vermont
I am a supinator - right there with you (underpronator). We have already discussed that we run in the same shoe - Brooks Glycerin - a great cushion shoe perfect for this but wow, I see you really chew yours up. I honestly don't think I ever get 300 miles on my shoes. I go by the treads or if my knee is tweaking (and I'm pretty light so I shouldn't wear through them too fast). If the build-up works for you and you're getting more use out of it, great! Watch how much you build it up, you don't want to create something that could cause problems for your legs/gait forcing your foot to pronate. I don't want to say much without researching it more. Is it both feet or just one foot?
2014-10-20 4:27 PM

Union, Kentucky
The 5k was lots of fun, and the kids had a great time which really was the point. We did it in about 50 minutes, which for a 5 and 7 year old is pretty good, and that included stopping to take pictures from time to time. We didn't force them to run to any specific pace or anything, but we did want them to at least run some, and they did a good job of that.

Can't help you much with the shoes- I'm lucky to be pretty neutral. Have you tried anything like orthotics? I did try a more minimal shoe a while back, some of the Nike Free ones, and those certainly allow your foot to move more. In my case, they seemed to give me more shin splints than a more supportive shoe, but maybe they would help you. Did you ever join the 5 Fingers madness?

Despite a forecast of nice weather, we ended up with rain this weekend, luckily not during the 5k but no chance for a ride. Maybe I'll be able to sneak one in tomorrow. Today is nice enough but my stomach has been messed up all day for reasons I don't understand. Seems to be getting better as the day goes on. Seth, sorry about your sickness, always a bummer.

Still waiting on the bike!

(colorrun.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
colorrun.jpg (1366KB - 3 downloads)
2014-10-21 3:27 PM

User image

, Vermont
10/28 with a slow 3 miles today on the treadmill at 2% and 1% grades. I forgot how much I prefer running on the roads! Finished up with an hour of varied strength exercises. Sushi and a protein shake for lunch.
Pea protein with unsweetened almond milk, banana, spoonful of peanut butter, and a tasty drizzle of chocolate blended up for an almost too sweet shake. LOL

Great picture!!! Good job getting everyone involved - that's what makes it all worthwhile - seeing the kids get involved and having fun with it. I'm hoping to get the family out for a "Run Your Can Off" charity run in November where you bring in canned goods in lieu of paying an entry fee. It's a trail run with no starting gun so if you can't make it at 9:00, you can show up at noon or whatever but the course closes at 3:00. Fun, stress free, laid back.

2014-10-21 9:37 PM

Union, Kentucky
We did something similar a little while back. My wife does a "boot camp" fitness thing and they have a running club as part of it. They had a family trail run for the running club and we did about 5k worth of trails with the whole family. There were a lot of other people that brought kids and no real pressure on pace or anything so it was fun. They hold mountain bike races on the same trails so I kept looking at some of the nicely banked turns and thinking how fun they would be at high speed....
2014-10-24 12:32 PM

User image

, Vermont
I don't know quite where I stand for workouts - 11/28 I guess; way behind for goal but way ahead of where I was last year (and that's really the key!)
Had a nice swim today ~ 2500 yds in 55 min. By the end I was really concentrating on feeling the mid and end parts of the stroke - the push to wrist flip out of the water. Bilateral breathing is coming along. The hubby came up with this one for me today. I like it, it's a good challenge and can be so easily modified with 200's or whatever you want to do. I use an old beaded golf stroke counter to keep track of sets on the 100's. LOL Hey, it works!

500 warm-up
~200 free
~100 kick
~200 pull
10 x 100 free (2 min incl 15 sec rest)
500 free
8 x 50 free (1 min incl 15 sec rest)
100 cool-down (free, back, breast, free)

Have a great weekend all! Tomorrow we head over to pull the raft out at camp, put up the kayaks and change out windows to winterize (house was built in 1840 so we have to take out screens and carefully put in the old bulls eye glass windows). I already miss summer!
Next week I'm taking my bike back in to have the fit tweaked a bit.
2014-10-27 11:39 AM

User image

, Vermont
Got in a spin class with a short 2.5 mile run after today. Swam with the boys yesterday. A new workout - one of the boys would ride on my back holding my shoulders acting as dead weight (wrapped his legs around my waist) while I swam laps - mainly having to use breaststroke arms and kick. A lot of it was underwater. Definitely a heck of a workout. LOL
2014-10-29 9:06 AM

User image

, Vermont
2600 yd swim yesterday. left me pleasantly pooped.
500 warm-up (200 free, 100 kick, 200 pull)
10 x 200 free with 30 second rests
100 cool down (free, back, breast, free super slow)

Spoke with the Master's swim coach and may join them once a week. Not sure yet.
Just received my Swim Speed Secrets book in the mail. I'll let you know what i think once I get a chance to check it out.

Cheers!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Rss Feed  

of 27

RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 29, 2007
author : NDeBoom
comments : 1
Our members chat with Nicole DeBoom on Ironman nutrition strategy, Ironman training philosophy, off-season focus, her 'secret' IM food, favorite races, and her new clothing line and race series.

date : December 8, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 0
This is the time of year where you focus on your ‘weakest’ event and practice your drills, techniques, form, etc. Here I list some BT training plan options to get you through the off-season.
date : October 23, 2006
author : mikericci
comments : 1
This program is for a second year or greater athlete who wants to improve their run. The athlete must be able to run for at least 1 hour and should be able to complete 4 weekly run sessions.

This program is for a second year or greater athlete who wants to improve their bike. The athlete must be able to bike for at least 1:30 hours and should be able to complete 4-5 weekly bike sessions.
This program is for a second year or greater athlete who wants to improve their swim. The athlete must be able to swim at least 2,500 yards and at a pace of better than 2:15 per 100.

date : September 3, 2006
author : acbadger
The off-season is the best time to fine tune your skills and prepare yourself for the next season. It is also time for you to gain some strength and get a little rest after a long season of training.