BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Hashers And Mashers - Part 3 - Open Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 28

2014-08-19 8:20 AM
in reply to: PsyTri

User image

Pearland,Tx
Subject: RE: Hashers And Mashers - Part 3 - Open
Originally posted by PsyTri

Hey all. Went out for my 40 min run in hilly NE Ohio this morning. Gravel/dirt/asphalt mix. Beautiful wooded route. Shade. Early morning chill. I try to run at a "conversational" pace but I also have the Nike running app on my phone announce my pace every 1/2 mile. Unfortunately I think it puts me in the mindset of achieving a certain pace and I run faster than I should. Not used to the rolling hills. 8:15 to 8:35 the first 3 miles then unconsciously pushed it under 8 min pace the last mile or more and then a sharp "tweak" in the dreaded left Achilles. Immediately stopped and walked last 1/2 mile back to the car. Very tender. Not swollen. Icing and resting. VERY frustrated since my plan only calls for one medium distance run and one short brick a week deliberately to take it easy on the left ankle/knee. I think I need to train at a slower pace but I hate coming in at 9+ min/mile. It's just a motivational thing. Hope it is alright for my sprint in a couple weeks. I feel like I have speed in me like eventually a 7 min/mile 5k pace, but doubtful I will reach that potential if I keep pulling up lame. Very discouraging.

impressive run on the hills for me dont know if ill ever reach that fast .

2014-08-22 10:25 PM
in reply to: strykergt

User image

Master
St. Louis
How is everyone doing? Anyone racing this weekend or have some fun training plans? Long runs planned here and it's very hot. Not looking to my morning long run.
2014-08-23 12:13 AM
in reply to: ransick

User image

Extreme Veteran
Penticton, BC

I went downtown to meet up with the fellows I swim with and we were blocked off the beach due to some "kids" triathlon leading up to Sundays Challenge race.  I didn't mind but I definitely need to get going again or I'll be completely retired.  Maybe I'll start working out on Monday.  The kids are really fun to watch and they have all the best gear (and really nice bikes!!).

I've been talking to lots of people coming to town for the Challenge race and it is starting to get exciting so I'm regretting I didn't sign up for the Challenge half.  But I just may sign up for next years race but then should I sign up for the full distance or the half?

As for this weekend, I'm in the bike lot all day helping the athletes and then on Sunday I'll be in gear bags from 6:30am to 6:00pm and then I'm catching finishers at the finish line from 8:00 to midnight.  I may not go swimming on Monday.

Anna - Have fun on Sunday. 

2014-08-23 4:35 AM
in reply to: wenceslasz

User image

Gold Coast, Australia

Saturday night here, my bike is in transition, my bag is packed and I've had a big dinner of lamb and roast potato (yum!) I have been feeling quite nervous but started to get a bit more excited this afternoon after wandering the race expo. But...

I've just heard that the course has been changed, which is a disappointment. We've had heavy rain last weekend, then more heavy rain the past 2 days, with more rain forecast overnight, so the organisers have cut out the steep hill and the second valley from the bike course as the road is steep and very slippery--one of the downsides of riding through rainforest I guess. It will be much safer, but it won't be a half iron distance . The bike course is now 40km...oh well. I'm going to have to have another crack at it next year now!  

2014-08-23 9:39 AM

User image

Master
St. Louis
Originally posted by wenceslasz

I went downtown to meet up with the fellows I swim with and we were blocked off the beach due to some "kids" triathlon leading up to Sundays Challenge race.  I didn't mind but I definitely need to get going again or I'll be completely retired.  Maybe I'll start working out on Monday.  The kids are really fun to watch and they have all the best gear (and really nice bikes!!).

I've been talking to lots of people coming to town for the Challenge race and it is starting to get exciting so I'm regretting I didn't sign up for the Challenge half.  But I just may sign up for next years race but then should I sign up for the full distance or the half?

As for this weekend, I'm in the bike lot all day helping the athletes and then on Sunday I'll be in gear bags from 6:30am to 6:00pm and then I'm catching finishers at the finish line from 8:00 to midnight.  I may not go swimming on Monday.

Anna - Have fun on Sunday. 

Wow, that will be a long day of volunteering but should be a ton of fun. Specially the finish line catching. Let us know how it goes.
2014-08-23 9:42 AM
in reply to: Taringa

User image

Master
St. Louis
Originally posted by Taringa

Saturday night here, my bike is in transition, my bag is packed and I've had a big dinner of lamb and roast potato (yum!) I have been feeling quite nervous but started to get a bit more excited this afternoon after wandering the race expo. But...

I've just heard that the course has been changed, which is a disappointment. We've had heavy rain last weekend, then more heavy rain the past 2 days, with more rain forecast overnight, so the organisers have cut out the steep hill and the second valley from the bike course as the road is steep and very slippery--one of the downsides of riding through rainforest I guess. It will be much safer, but it won't be a half iron distance . The bike course is now 40km...oh well. I'm going to have to have another crack at it next year now!  

Too bad about the bike course being cut short. On my first half the swim was cancelled. At the time I was relieved because the waves on the lake were so bad, I was going to have a very rough swim.

Good luck and have fun!

2014-08-24 3:27 PM

User image

Gold Coast, Australia

Challenge done and dusted, race report here http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=522672&posts=1#M5043070

The course was shortened, which was disappointing to start with but in reality a very good call for safety's sake. There would have been carnage on the wet roads if they'd kept the steep hills in the race. Had a lot of fun, I've got a nice finisher's medal and a much better idea of what I have to do for next year.

2014-08-25 10:07 PM

User image

Master
St. Louis
Originally posted by Taringa

Challenge done and dusted, race report here http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=522672&posts=1#M5043070

The course was shortened, which was disappointing to start with but in reality a very good call for safety's sake. There would have been carnage on the wet roads if they'd kept the steep hills in the race. Had a lot of fun, I've got a nice finisher's medal and a much better idea of what I have to do for next year.

Just read your race report. Awesome!
2014-08-26 1:00 AM

User image

Pearland,Tx
Anna /Fellas

Anna ill join you at the AG DFL podium. Olympic distance is too swim focus for me.I was counting on the bike leg being 28 miles to make up my slowness in the water but RD changed the bike route same as Sprint distance 14 miles not enough mileage for me to catch up plus the heat killed me again on the run.

I really really envy your swim Anna. Bike is so much easier to improve than swim technique.You'll get your 70.3 eventually!!!!

My report is here:
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/RaceLog/races-view-container.asp?...

Cheers everyone

Carlo

2014-08-26 3:30 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by strykergt Anna /Fellas Anna ill join you at the AG DFL podium. Olympic distance is too swim focus for me.I was counting on the bike leg being 28 miles to make up my slowness in the water but RD changed the bike route same as Sprint distance 14 miles not enough mileage for me to catch up plus the heat killed me again on the run. I really really envy your swim Anna. Bike is so much easier to improve than swim technique.You'll get your 70.3 eventually!!!! My report is here: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/RaceLog/races-view-container.asp?... Cheers everyone Carlo

I was DFL in my AG a few years ago at a brutally hot oly where i didn't eat enough and walked most of my run.  I wanted to avenge that course but the following year they switched from having a sprint and oly distance to only one race somewhere in between the 2 distances - and I never want to get on that brutal course in July again!  Off to check out your RR!!!  (Ironically, my current profile pic is from that race.  It's probably the ONLY decent race photo I've ever had!)

Edited by mehaner 2014-08-26 3:32 AM
2014-08-26 5:16 AM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Pearland,Tx
Originally posted by mehaner

Originally posted by strykergt Anna /Fellas Anna ill join you at the AG DFL podium. Olympic distance is too swim focus for me.I was counting on the bike leg being 28 miles to make up my slowness in the water but RD changed the bike route same as Sprint distance 14 miles not enough mileage for me to catch up plus the heat killed me again on the run. I really really envy your swim Anna. Bike is so much easier to improve than swim technique.You'll get your 70.3 eventually!!!! My report is here: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/RaceLog/races-view-container.asp?... Cheers everyone Carlo

I was DFL in my AG a few years ago at a brutally hot oly where i didn't eat enough and walked most of my run.  I wanted to avenge that course but the following year they switched from having a sprint and oly distance to only one race somewhere in between the 2 distances - and I never want to get on that brutal course in July again!  Off to check out your RR!!!  (Ironically, my current profile pic is from that race.  It's probably the ONLY decent race photo I've ever had!)

Thanks Marilyn!!! Ya'All Guys Swim very well!!! and also i stole your hydration idea 22 Oz vs. 2X 9Oz. is a big difference worked well in training my run could have been worse.

2014-08-26 8:43 AM

User image

Baltimore, Maryland
I got into the Baltimore Tri! I found out about a week ago and started my training last Monday, so I will hopefully have a solid month and a half of training in before the race. My foot has been a bit sore lately, so I'm trying to take care of it while still building up my training. I hope to get out on the bike this week and see how that feels.

One thing I think will be really helpful for my training is something we have here called November Project. This takes place around various cities in the US. Here is the link if anyone is curious http://november-project.com/.Basically for Baltimore they meet twice a week. I just go to the Friday sessions, which consist of running up this 1/2 mile long hill, then back down. At the bottom, you do some pushups, tricep dips and squats. You repeat this for 30 minutes. Everyone I've met is great, and obviously we have similar interests when it comes to fitness. The Baltimore Tri course is pretty flat, so running these hills once a week is going to make the 5k feel so easy!

This will be my first tri officially as a 30 year old...I am determined to do better than my 29 year old self! The swim is longer than my first tri but the bike is shorter, so it will be a little different but still a challenge! I'm very excited to be getting one more in before the winter comes.
2014-08-26 4:59 PM

User image

Pearland,Tx
Gary

i just realized im busting myself running under the heat. Bro how do you train under these hellish conditions??? Fl and Tx are not too far apart in the summer. I can run for 1 mile to reach the nearest water station and go for another mile splash water to myself and keep on doing it for 4 miles then im gassed after 5 miles and slowed down to jogg and end up with a poor pacing?

Thanks in advance bro

Carlo
2014-08-26 6:11 PM

User image

Master
St. Louis
Originally posted by strykergt

Anna /Fellas

Anna ill join you at the AG DFL podium. Olympic distance is too swim focus for me.I was counting on the bike leg being 28 miles to make up my slowness in the water but RD changed the bike route same as Sprint distance 14 miles not enough mileage for me to catch up plus the heat killed me again on the run.

I really really envy your swim Anna. Bike is so much easier to improve than swim technique.You'll get your 70.3 eventually!!!!

My report is here:

Cheers everyone

Carlo

Carlo - I couldn't open your report and when I go to your race log it says it's still a draft.
2014-08-26 7:33 PM

User image

Pearland,Tx
Originally posted by ransick

Anna /Fellas

My report is here:

Cheers everyone

Carlo

Carlo - I couldn't open your report and when I go to your race log it says it's still a draft.

Here ya go:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

Mike i know its kinda better in your place in the summer, but if you have any suggestion for summer heat training id appreciate it
2014-08-27 12:01 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Penticton, BC

Congratulations Anna and Carlo.  You both did great. 

Anna - you sure must have been up against a tough crowd because your swim was excellent and you did quite well by my standards.

Carlo - same for you.  Your swim was slow but not too bad and your age group is one of the toughest and numerous.

So, I'm finished volunteering.  Saturday in the bike lot was fun.  My wife and I spent a bit of time helping Sister Madonna and hundreds of other athletes.  There were a surprising number of Australians (and coincidentally Kevin Cutjar who is taking over Challenge here is from NSW).  Lots of Germans, Japanese, and pretty much from everywhere else.

On Sunday we arrived at the transition area at 6:00am and I saw my first drone.  The buoys for the swim looked like they stretched out for many miles!  Made me think I would hate to do a full distance race.  It didn't take long before athletes were coming out of the water and we were struggling to get everyone their bags quickly.  I spent most of the day yelling out athlete numbers and guiding people who were disoriented.  Finally, they got me a megaphone because I couldn't yell anymore.  I was watching for my swim buddy Lisa who was doing the full distance for her 50th B'day and she came in quite late as she caught a lot of wind on the bike course.  I high-fived her and she carried on to get her bag and a hug from my wife. 

They fed us well all day and because of the heat they kept us well hydrated with water.  I also drank more pop than I've ever drank in one day ever - 7# cans of Pepsi.  They were so cold and they went down easy but I will never do that again.

After we had dinner we went over to the finish line to catch some of the athletes as they come in.  Lots of them come across the finish line then drop like rocks.  In the end none of my athletes were in need of any medical help and I just got them their medals, t-shirts, water, photos and families.  Ruby (wife) got several that needed attention.  Interestingly to me, the athletes I caught were mostly from foreign countries like Tunisia, 2 from Japan, a francophone grandfather from Quebec with his excited grandson, Australian, American and so on.

Sister Madonna came in about 10:30 or so and started handing out medals to the finishers.  It was quite neat to see athletes come in dazed and then realize who it was giving them their medal.  Many of the women hugged her.  It was really neat to see. 

In the last few minutes I caught a couple ladies that were overtime.  They were still excited and they still got their medals and t-shirts (but no official time).  Then the last lady came across the line and it was Stephanie a Quebecois I knew from our winter cycling sessions. So, quite uncharacteristically for me, I jumped out and said I'd take her and I got her on one side and my wife got her other elbow.  She was excited as she crossed the finish line but then she seemed quite out of it.  Still walking but not comprehending what was happening.  I guessed she didn't know me but we got her through the gauntlet of people.  She got her medal from Sister Madonna and then we found her friends and we got her a chair then left her.

At midnight they had a fireworks display.  At first it was just one big one then there was a several minute pause so we thought it was pretty chintzy but then it started in earnest and it went on for a long time.  It was a really good show.  My wife and I got home about 12:30am we were on our feet over 18hours and my voice is still hoarse from yelling.

Next day we went downtown to take some things in to the lost and found and who do we meet but Sister Madonna again.  She was suiting up to go for a swim (all alone).  We watched her swim off towards the Sicamous and she was moving along pretty effortlessly fast.

I really enjoyed working for the athletes but I regret I didn't sign up for the half.  For next year they've got a special rate of $500 for the full and $250 for the half.  I think I may have to bite the bullet.

I also signed up yesterday for the Cultus Lake Oly in a couple weeks (the 13th ot 14th)

2014-08-27 5:17 PM

User image

Pearland,Tx
George

Good job on the volunteering you and your wife. I am sure your dead tired . Its a great experience helping athletes and encouraging them. You seem to be bumping into Sister Madonna must be premonition for IM. Lol!! You stayed up long helping out. I volunteered myself at IMTX this year as a bike aide and im pretty tired after the bike leg is done. I am sure you will be surprised the different kinds of people you see who finished an IM anyway glad you had fun.

Cheers

Carlo
2014-08-27 7:31 PM

User image

Master
St. Louis
George - sounds like you worked hard and had an amazing experience. Very cool!
2014-08-27 10:21 PM

User image

Master
St. Louis

Anna /Fellas

My report is here:

Cheers everyone

Carlo

Here ya go:

Mike i know its kinda better in your place in the summer, but if you have any suggestion for summer heat training id appreciate it

Carlo,

We've been under an excessive heat warning here in St. Louis for the last week and I managed a 10 mile and 18 mile run this past weekend. For the 18 miler, I started the run at 5:45 am, refueled at a gas station at mile 11 then hit up a park with cold running water at mile 14. Then I did one mile out and backs stopping at the park every two miles and running cold water over my head. It was brutal and slow. I was going for 20 miles but knew 2 more miles would have meant a lot more than 2 miles of extra recovery.

Here is what I do for summer heat training.
- I carry a frozen water bottle in my hand. The cheap water bottles you buy by the case. I keep several in the freezer and take one on every run, even 30 minute runs. It's so cold I have to keep switching hands. It might be mental, but I think it helps for the first 30 minutes then I have ice water to drink for the next 15 or 20 minutes.
- for runs over an hour, I also wear a Camelbak Delaney water bottle belt (the same one Marilyn bought). I put ice and Gatorade in that.
- I drink when I'm thirsty.
- for longer runs, I try to run early. The humidity is still brutal, but the temps aren't.
- I monitor my heart rate and if it gets near zone 3 I back off or walk. I focus on getting in the miles, not the speed.
- for runs over an hour, I plan routes that go past water fountains where I fill up the hand water bottle and pour it over my head several times.
- if I start feeling dull and blah like my stomach is saying no more, I shut the run down. For me that's a sign my body is done.

- in hot races, I'll pour ice down my shorts during the run. It helps.
2014-08-28 8:17 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

i love that everyone loves the camelback delaney belt!!!

2014-08-28 9:58 AM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Hey, everyone! Healing up pretty well. Racing a sprint this Sunday for my birthday! It'll be my "re-do" of my first sprint a year ago. Looking to crush my first performance in all discplines. Very confident I can beat the old (younger) me!

I am looking at the rest of my season and am considering doing my first oly in 3 months in Key West. It'll be a wet-suit legal ocean swim. Aside from getting used to a wetsuit, is 3 months sufficient time to bridge from sprint to oly? Right now, I'm at about 4-5 training hours per week. Is that feasible/advisable, or should I just look to bridge to oly in the off season? My biggest priority, of course, is injury prevention. Thoughts?

2014-08-28 10:08 AM

User image

Pearland,Tx
Originally posted by PsyTri

Hey, everyone! Healing up pretty well. Racing a sprint this Sunday for my birthday! It'll be my "re-do" of my first sprint a year ago. Looking to crush my first performance in all discplines. Very confident I can beat the old (younger) me!

I am looking at the rest of my season and am considering doing my first oly in 3 months in Key West. It'll be a wet-suit legal ocean swim. Aside from getting used to a wetsuit, is 3 months sufficient time to bridge from sprint to oly? Right now, I'm at about 4-5 training hours per week. Is that feasible/advisable, or should I just look to bridge to oly in the off season? My biggest priority, of course, is injury prevention. Thoughts?

Yo Bro!!!

Other than George you're another dude to watch out for in an Oly honestly for me 3 months is enough for atleast a MOP finish. Honestly for me your swim and run is great , but i really know you can break that 20 mph barrier on the saddle. Good luck on your training bro.

Cheers!!!

Carlo

Edited by strykergt 2014-08-28 10:12 AM
2014-08-28 10:11 AM

User image

Pearland,Tx

Anna /Fellas

My report is here:

Cheers everyone

Carlo

Here ya go:

Carlo,

We've been under an excessive heat warning here in St. Louis for the last week and I managed a 10 mile and 18 mile run this past weekend. For the 18 miler, I started the run at 5:45 am, refueled at a gas station at mile 11 then hit up a park with cold running water at mile 14. Then I did one mile out and backs stopping at the park every two miles and running cold water over my head. It was brutal and slow. I was going for 20 miles but knew 2 more miles would have meant a lot more than 2 miles of extra recovery.

Here is what I do for summer heat training.
- I carry a frozen water bottle in my hand. The cheap water bottles you buy by the case. I keep several in the freezer and take one on every run, even 30 minute runs. It's so cold I have to keep switching hands. It might be mental, but I think it helps for the first 30 minutes then I have ice water to drink for the next 15 or 20 minutes.
- for runs over an hour, I also wear a Camelbak Delaney water bottle belt (the same one Marilyn bought). I put ice and Gatorade in that.
- I drink when I'm thirsty.
- for longer runs, I try to run early. The humidity is still brutal, but the temps aren't.
- I monitor my heart rate and if it gets near zone 3 I back off or walk. I focus on getting in the miles, not the speed.
- for runs over an hour, I plan routes that go past water fountains where I fill up the hand water bottle and pour it over my head several times.
- if I start feeling dull and blah like my stomach is saying no more, I shut the run down. For me that's a sign my body is done.

- in hot races, I'll pour ice down my shorts during the run. It helps.

Alot of Goodstuff there mike!!! ill apply the above while theres still the sun summer will be over soon and i need to acclimate for IMTX next year is right after spring around 90s with min. humidity so no chance to train in the heat again. Thanks again Bro!!
2014-08-28 6:40 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Penticton, BC

Originally posted by PsyTri Hey, everyone! Healing up pretty well. Racing a sprint this Sunday for my birthday! It'll be my "re-do" of my first sprint a year ago. Looking to crush my first performance in all discplines. Very confident I can beat the old (younger) me! I am looking at the rest of my season and am considering doing my first oly in 3 months in Key West. It'll be a wet-suit legal ocean swim. Aside from getting used to a wetsuit, is 3 months sufficient time to bridge from sprint to oly? Right now, I'm at about 4-5 training hours per week. Is that feasible/advisable, or should I just look to bridge to oly in the off season? My biggest priority, of course, is injury prevention. Thoughts?

Gary - I had a look at your training log and I think you'd love an Olympic race.  You would likely finish with a sub 3hr time if everything goes according to plan.  You look to be in great shape in all three legs of the race and going from a sprint to an Oly isn't a big leap in nutritional considerations either.

BUT (you know there had to be a big butt, eh) - I think if you started out at your normal swim and bike pace you'd be fine and then for the run you could just hold back a little so you don't overexert yourself.  You'd still be under 1:00:00 for the run even if you took it easy.

I think Key West is the race I looked at (and wanted to do) last fall.  It looks like a really nice event.  I think once you make the leap to Olys and you've overcome your injuries you'll be unstoppable.

For training go to your local Library and find a book by Gale Bernhardt that includes an Oly training plan and look at the last 12 weeks and see if you feel you can do it.  You could even use it to make your leap to the Oly.  I really like her plans.

Don't feel you have to jump up to Olys.  If you don't feel ready next year will still work for you just as well.

2014-08-28 10:05 PM

User image

Master
St. Louis
Originally posted by wenceslasz

Originally posted by PsyTri Hey, everyone! Healing up pretty well. Racing a sprint this Sunday for my birthday! It'll be my "re-do" of my first sprint a year ago. Looking to crush my first performance in all discplines. Very confident I can beat the old (younger) me! I am looking at the rest of my season and am considering doing my first oly in 3 months in Key West. It'll be a wet-suit legal ocean swim. Aside from getting used to a wetsuit, is 3 months sufficient time to bridge from sprint to oly? Right now, I'm at about 4-5 training hours per week. Is that feasible/advisable, or should I just look to bridge to oly in the off season? My biggest priority, of course, is injury prevention. Thoughts?

Gary - I had a look at your training log and I think you'd love an Olympic race.  You would likely finish with a sub 3hr time if everything goes according to plan.  You look to be in great shape in all three legs of the race and going from a sprint to an Oly isn't a big leap in nutritional considerations either.

BUT (you know there had to be a big butt, eh) - I think if you started out at your normal swim and bike pace you'd be fine and then for the run you could just hold back a little so you don't overexert yourself.  You'd still be under 1:00:00 for the run even if you took it easy.

I think Key West is the race I looked at (and wanted to do) last fall.  It looks like a really nice event.  I think once you make the leap to Olys and you've overcome your injuries you'll be unstoppable.

For training go to your local Library and find a book by Gale Bernhardt that includes an Oly training plan and look at the last 12 weeks and see if you feel you can do it.  You could even use it to make your leap to the Oly.  I really like her plans.

Don't feel you have to jump up to Olys.  If you don't feel ready next year will still work for you just as well.

I have the Gale Bernhardt book and put the HIM plan in a Google spreadsheet so I could access my daily workouts from anywhere. I added the GB full IM plan when I thought I was going to sign up for a full IM. I added several Hal Higdon marathon tabs this year. After seeing George's suggestion to check out the GB book, I added the 24 week Gale Bernhardt Oly plan to the spread sheet so you can check it out. If anyone in this group wants to add more tabs, I'd be happy to give anyone who wants it write access.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar5EpJvYM2b1dEs0VjFhZlR...

Let me know if you have trouble opening it or if you have any questions. There is also a 52 week Oly plan in the book but didn't feel like entering it tonight :-).

Edited by ransick 2014-08-28 10:22 PM
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Hashers And Mashers - Part 3 - Open Rss Feed  

of 28

RELATED POSTS

Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30

Started by Baowolf
Views: 37199 Posts: 743

2015-03-16 2:42 AM scubabrad02

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 72636 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : December 17, 2007
author : LukeTX04
I learned in this race that in order to finish the swim, you have to know where you are going. And in order to know where you are going, you have to learn to sight.
date : September 25, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussion on sinking hips, balance drills, open water freak-out, best breathing for open water swimming and head position.

date : August 7, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
You can practice several things like bi-lateral breathing, sight less and use long strokes to help you swim straight
date : September 3, 2006
author : TriDDS
comments : 1
Stroke after stroke, my pace was pulling me out into the middle of the lake quickly. The cover seemed to be getting thicker. But still in the distance, the little boathouse was my lighthouse.

date : June 6, 2006
author : marmadaddy
The DVD assumes little-to-no experience with competitive swimming and starts off in the pool citing the need to build confidence in a controlled environment.