BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Asphalt Junkies Summer Edition - OPEN Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 11

2014-07-03 9:06 AM
in reply to: Captain_Chris

User image

Master
Columbia, TN
Subject: RE: Asphalt Junkies Summer Edition - OPEN
Can't give you a yes/no answer.

The largest benefit of aerobars is not the bars, but the position they put your upper body and arms in. That position is far more aero and gains you a lot of time, all else equal.

But you can't always get away with throwing aero bars on your road bike. It may not be possible to get a fit on that bike with those bars that is workable.

You have 2 decent options to consider:
1) put clip-on aerobars leaving your current road bar on the bike.
2) ditch the road bar and put on bullhorns and clip-ons (or in other words a standard aero bar)

But to determine if it would even be feasible I would need to have you on your bike for a good 30 minute testing session.
Do you have a competent bike shop you can go to for this?

2014-07-03 5:53 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Nova Scotia, Canada
Subject: RE: Update
Terry, so sorry to hear about what you went through. Hopefully challenge will make it right. One thing about these challenge races is that they aren't the ones organizing the race. They just lend their name to the race organizer for a cut of the profit. Hopefully your story will make someone sit up and take a look at what types of races they are supporting and the people running them. Jeff.............I'm speechless. All that and you win the AG. Are you really the terminator?

Edited by BigDaddyD79 2014-07-03 5:54 PM
2014-07-03 8:58 PM
in reply to: BigDaddyD79

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
Subject: RE: Update
Originally posted by BigDaddyD79

Terry, so sorry to hear about what you went through. Hopefully challenge will make it right. One thing about these challenge races is that they aren't the ones organizing the race. They just lend their name to the race organizer for a cut of the profit. Hopefully your story will make someone sit up and take a look at what types of races they are supporting and the people running them. Jeff.............I'm speechless. All that and you win the AG. Are you really the terminator?

Derek to answer your last question, yes Jeff really is a Terminator. I think he might even be that newer T1000 model.
2014-07-06 6:44 AM

User image

Master
Fort Wayne

Originally posted by Captain_Chris Aero bars... Yes? No? Why? A little background, I have a nice bike, a Carbon Cannondale Synapse that I picked up used over the winter for next to nothing. It has 105 gear and Mavic Aksium race wheels. The guy bought it never rode it and sold it to me for $600 bucks! It is a 56cm and I am 6’ tall. I had it fitted at the LBS and have been ridding mostly on the hoods; I have been trying to ride on the drops but just do not feel comfortable. For reference, I did 31 miles the other night in exactly 2 hours at what I would call an easy to moderate effort. I am looking for words of wisdom regarding clip on Aero bars… are they worth it? What brands? Selling points? Seat adjustments, etc. Thanks! I am still working toward an Olympic in early September, but have signed up for a sprint on July 12, I don’t have a wetsuit, so I was thinking I would just swim in tri shorts… I cannot believe I am considering shaving!

Jeff is right about the benefits of using aero-bars on a road bike.  However, I think you can have some significant time savings by using the clip-ons for your roadie.  I used my roadie for my first two years of triathlon and had relative success while riding with them.

If you choose to get them there will likely be a little bit of adjustments that you will have to do but it's not likely that your fitter will be able to put you into a true aero position.   The seat may need moved forward slightly and raised slightly as well.  The objective would be to find someplace in the sero bars that will be comfortable for you to stay for a 90 minutes or so.  

I feel the clip-ons can be worth the purchase depending on what you're looking to get out of them.  If you're looking to upgrade to a TT bike in the next year or so I wouldn't waste the money because the cost won't outweigh the benefit over a short time span.

I can't steer you in a direction toward any specific brand and so on either because there are other things to consider.  For me, I have used the S bend clip ons and they "work."  This type requires some flexion in your wrists that I don't have, at least not much.  There are others that have a more distinct bend that may be better for me but I haven't spend the money on the change for a variety of reasons.

I hope this is helpful and can provide some guidance.

2014-07-06 8:05 PM
in reply to: DirkP

User image

Extreme Veteran
Racine, Wisconsin
I have had a lot going on these past couple weeks, ........I have been trying to keep up with posts and finally got a chance to read up on everyone's!

Terry have you heard anything from Challenge? I am so sorry that this happened to you.

Brenda congrats on your back to back halves!!

I hope to get to the RR's shortly

Jeff.....what can I say except hope you are healing

John how are you doing?

Dirk do I understand your knee is feeling good?

Chris did you end getting aero bars?

I have been getting in some longer rides, 60 yesterday and 40 today with 20 min run off the bike and i actually pulled off 11:10 for my run
I also am going for yet another bike fit on Tuesday, and am hoping this time we get it right.

I am hoping to get into the lake before my half it was actually 59 degrees today i am crossing my fingers and hoping ....maybe by the end of next week it will be in the mid 60...
2014-07-07 4:49 AM
in reply to: Jo63

User image

Master
Fort Wayne

Originally posted by Jo63 I have had a lot going on these past couple weeks, ......

Dirk do I understand your knee is feeling good?

I have had the same schedule the past couple of weeks too.  The next couple of weeks won't be any different either.  This week is Niki's wedding and all the activities to go with that.  And the weekend will be for training and working on the new patio.

My knee is feeling pretty decent most of the time.  Usually I have a few steps at the beginning of every run that are kind of awkward but nothing particularly painful.  Once the run is underway I have a little bit of pain that is continuous.  Almost all of the runs are a 1 or possible a 2 on a scale of 1-10 for the duration.  This past Saturday I got a 10 mile run in and this coming weekend I'm scheduled for a 90 minute run which should be about 11.5-12 miles.......I'm getting closer!! 

2014-07-07 7:18 AM
in reply to: wbayek

User image

Happy Monday, I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend!

Thanks for all the advice on the aero bars…. I still have not made up my mind what to do. I have an appointment with the guy at the LBS that did my original fit, the plan is just to have him look at where I am and go from there. I have been trying to ride more on the drops to get aerodynamic.

I am doing a sprint next Saturday in Colonial Beach Virginia, it will be my first race with an open water swim and I am a little anxious. I drove over to the race site on Saturday, it is only an hour away and did a 20-minute swim, and drove the bike and run courses just to get a feel for the hills and turns. The run is completely flat and the ride only has a few hills, but there is a nasty hairpin turn that is off camber coming off a downhill section. I am glad I took that time to ride over, and the wife and I spent a nice day at the beach.

I spent a little time yesterday trying to get on and off the bike with my shoes clipped to the bike; it was not as bad as I thought it would be. Does anyone use a particular size rubber and of have any words of advice, I found it easy to reach through the frame and use my right hand to get my left shoe on and vice-versa, is this the right way to do this? After I practiced this for a while, I did 21 miles with no socks… I think I can do this.

This is really just a learning race but I am thinking I will take Friday and maybe Thursday off, a bit of a mini taper and maybe a short run after Tuesdays ride.

I do not do well in the heat so, I am hoping for a cool morning with just a little off shore breeze.
2014-07-10 12:07 PM

User image

Veteran
Redding, CA

I just posted this on the Facebook group, but wanted to put it here just in case folks didn't see it there.

Hi Gang, Sorry for not checking in for a bit. My healing is going well but VERY slowly. I've been getting twice a week ART and Graston treatments and the sports therapist has just put me on a short exercise circuit for my shoulder. There is still some pain and lack of flexibility in my left wrist so riding the bike is tough. I still don't have pain free full range of motion on the shoulder so swimming is difficult. I have swam a few times for very short distances the last 2 weeks, but I wouldn't be up to 1.2 miles for this weekend so I've made the decision to DNS the HIM this weekend. I'm more interested in enjoying my first HIM than being miserable through the whole thing so I'll go and watch this year instead. There will be other races and full recovery is more important to me at this point.

2014-07-10 2:56 PM
in reply to: JonnyVero

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
Originally posted by JonnyVero

I just posted this on the Facebook group, but wanted to put it here just in case folks didn't see it there.

Hi Gang, Sorry for not checking in for a bit. My healing is going well but VERY slowly. I've been getting twice a week ART and Graston treatments and the sports therapist has just put me on a short exercise circuit for my shoulder. There is still some pain and lack of flexibility in my left wrist so riding the bike is tough. I still don't have pain free full range of motion on the shoulder so swimming is difficult. I have swam a few times for very short distances the last 2 weeks, but I wouldn't be up to 1.2 miles for this weekend so I've made the decision to DNS the HIM this weekend. I'm more interested in enjoying my first HIM than being miserable through the whole thing so I'll go and watch this year instead. There will be other races and full recovery is more important to me at this point.

John sorry to hear that you're having to pass on the HIM but if it were me I think I'd do the same thing. While I'm glad to hear that you are recovering well and making good progress it certainly doesn't sound like you are ready to race this week. I think that's a smart move to pass as hard it might be I think you'll have a far better experience doing the HIM when you are healthy and you where you will have the opportunity to excel. No point in putting yourself through it if you are not physically up to doing it.
2014-07-10 3:01 PM
in reply to: strikyr

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
The group has been pretty quit this week I take everyone is busy working hard and getting there training in. I finally kicked this cold I had after two weeks and am back to training with intensity. With only 37 days left to go until IMMT I was getting a little worried about losing some time. I've had 3 down weeks due to the race in Syracuse, the cold and just being plain tired and probably overtrained. The one good thing that's come out of this is that I've been getting a lot of rest so hopefully I'll benefit in some fitness gains and be able to work hard the next 4 weeks so I'm ready to go for IMMT. Hope everybody's else is doing well and getting your training in.
2014-07-10 5:27 PM

User image

Veteran
Nova Scotia, Canada
Sorry to hear John, but trying to swim on a bum shoulder is no fun. Get healthy quick and come back stronger.

2014-07-10 9:39 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sidney, Ohio
Vero, sending you healing thoughts! And your wiser than me, I would have a hard time giving up a race,and would probably drag myself in a body bag of I had to. Luckily though I have not had to make this choice, I agree with what others have said, you want your first to be memorable, the race itself will be painful enough there is no need to be at the starting line with pain.
2014-07-11 10:10 AM

User image

NH
That's a good call Jonny. There's no need to suffer from the first stroke on your first HIM. Heal up, and I would agree with Dirk to go see an ortho if you haven't already.

Edited by wbayek 2014-07-11 10:11 AM
2014-07-11 3:16 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sidney, Ohio
So about 15 laps into a 1000yd sprint, I started to feel like maybe a break through was coming in swimming. I felt a change in my stroke and everything started to get easier. Shortly later though I realized what I was feeling......it was me losing my dignity as the old lady next to me started lapping me like I had a set of concrete boots on.
2014-07-12 6:18 PM
in reply to: mambos

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
Originally posted by mambos

So about 15 laps into a 1000yd sprint, I started to feel like maybe a break through was coming in swimming. I felt a change in my stroke and everything started to get easier. Shortly later though I realized what I was feeling......it was me losing my dignity as the old lady next to me started lapping me like I had a set of concrete boots on.

That's awesome Matt. I gave up my pride a long time ago at the pool. The elders as I call them kick my butt all the time. It's a moral victory when I can keep up with a few of them but it doesn't happen very often.
2014-07-14 8:41 AM

User image

NH
Originally posted by strikyr

Originally posted by mambos

That's awesome Matt. I gave up my pride a long time ago at the pool. The elders as I call them kick my butt all the time. It's a moral victory when I can keep up with a few of them but it doesn't happen very often.

Maybe this is why I hate swimming in the pool!

2014-07-14 12:44 PM

User image

I posted a race report from this weekend, would you guys look at it and give me some feedback. I am trying to learn as much as I can.

I embedded my Gamin links, I don't know about my running pace, too fast or slow?

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

Edited by Captain_Chris 2014-07-14 2:45 PM
2014-07-14 2:15 PM

User image

NH
Originally posted by Captain_Chris

I posted a race report from this weekend, would you guys look at it and give me some feedback. I am trying to learn as much as I can.

I embedded my Gamin links, I don't know about my running pace, too fast or slow?

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/RaceLog/races-edit.asp?raceid=268...

Try this link:
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=519970

That was your first open water swim tri? First, I want to say this race looks great overall.

Typically it's a good idea to get some swimming in before the race, though you are right in your report that it would have been nice to get a feel for the current. OWS is a different beast so more practice and you'll be fine.

It's hard to comment too much on the paces without knowing your training/threshold paces and your ability to hold just under threshold. Bike/run pacing in a sprint is a hard topic. I like to think you can go pretty close to threshold, since in most cases the bike and run combined are pretty close to one hour. Given you were able to end the bike leg faster than the start (and still ran pretty well) I would say you could have gone a little harder on the bike.

As far as the run, given your third mile was 30 seconds faster than your first without elevation to account for the speed increase, I'd say the same thing for the run; you may have left a little time out there. But overall, it's better to underestimate and finish strong, particularly in a first race. I know it's not your very first, but a first race with OWS is a still sort of a first.

Sprints are great in that you can recover and do more shortly after. Sometime in a sprint try really pushing the bike from the start at close to what you feel you could do for the distance, and also start the run about where you ended this one and see if you can hold on. It's a fun and telling exercise in your ability to suffer and also it's a good marker to see how you respond to an over effort. Note that I didn't say go all out - just go harder from the start and try to hold on. I would NEVER suggest something like that for a longer race, where pacing is the name of the game. In a sprint there's a lot more room for error and blowing up isn't as disastrous as it is in longer events.

This approach probably requires that you do some high end training as well. If I have sprints coming up which are relatively important, I'll start doing a weekly 40-45 minute all out bike TT with a short 5-10 minute run afterward to gauge what my effort for that distance can be, and then try to dial that in on race day.
2014-07-14 4:08 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Racine, Wisconsin
Congrat Chris.

After a lot of contemplation and talking with some others, I got rid of my personal trainer and hired a tri-coach . I was beginning to have serious doubt whether I would be able to finsh IMWI She is awesome and has helped me a lot these past few weeks, She had me doing 18 hrs of training last week and the week before and i am starting to gaining confidence . she rode with me last week and told me there's a lot more in me than I am putting forth and I knew that I just didn't now what to do to find it .....In the past I have always rode for time so I never put in the mileage that I should have because I am slower right now so I did an 80 miler on Saturday followed by a 20 min run to which I ran 10:36 min miles ( unheard of in my world) I have always been a 12 min miler so as of right now Iam hoping I can actually cut over an hour off my HIM time we will see this weekend.

I Had an OWS planned in lake Michigan today but the wind has shifted and the 60 degree temp of yesterday is now 39 I sure hope this weekend brings back some warm water so I am taking today as an off day and swimming somewhere hopefully outside tomorrow.

Gosh it feels good to just sit and relax!!!!!
2014-07-14 4:46 PM

User image

Master
Columbia, TN
I thought I'd give a PSA for everyone.

I rode this weekend with a beginner cyclist. He's a good runner who has only done a few triathlons and is already in contention for AG wins.
So we were talking about all things cycling as we rode (a group of 3). One of the topics was traffic and drivers. I explained to him that many drivers think we are being jerks because there's a wide shoulder and we crowd the white line on the edge of the traffic lane....I told him I don't ride there (and neither should he) because the shoulders are always covered in rocks, pebbles, glass and debris that will certainly destroy your tire within miles...to the tune of $60 a pop.
Sure enough, about 50 miles in to our ride he got a flat. So it was a great opportunity to give him the whole speech on flat repair. He already knew how to change a tube, but I told him that if you just stick another tube in, you will many times (most times?) flat again right away because the underlying cause hasn't been addressed.
I took the time to find the hole in the tube and we lined that up to this tire and found a nearly invisible slice in the tire. And with very close inspection found a tiny piece of metal wire, about the thickness of a human hair, still sticking through the tire.
So voila! fixed!

About a mile before home he flatted the same tire again!
So we did the trick one more time and found the hole in the tube and from the DIMPLES in the tube it was clear his rim tape wasn't covering the holes in the rim...well, we looked and it WAS covering the holes, but the rim strip was bulging deep in to the spoke holes....lo and behold, the bike he had purchased used had been incorrectly fitted with a gel type puncture guard as a rim strip. So the tube's pressure could push that thing down and out of the way and the tube in one of those holes had blown a hole through the gel strip.
So we put a new tube in but only went to 60psi which was enough to limp him home.

Consider carrying a patch kit with you on your rides. With a patch kit you can take care of a flat to your spare tube...you can use the patch kit to makeshift a cover over a spoke hole if needed and you can use it to patch the inside of your tire, should you get a big gash that won't hold your tube in. They weigh ounces and are literally smaller than a pack of gum.

And in situations like we had, a small frame pump is actually a great thing to have....unless you want to carry 4 or 5 CO2 cartridges..

End of PSA.

and ps...

My legs began to feel better on Thursday. I now feel no more sore than is often the norm so I can get in and out of my car and even get dressed without a major incident.
My shoulder is feeling better, still not really stable, but improving....no problem swimming.

2014-07-14 7:18 PM

User image

Good for you getting a coach to boost your confidence, JOANNE!   I wondered how you've been coming along.  To be able to ride 80 and then run some PR minute miles shows you're in a good place.  We just got the cold front that you mentioned and I hope it moves on out and goes back to reasonable temps for your race this weekend.  Sorry you couldn't get in a swim.   Good luck at Racine!  May your confidence carry you into reaching your goal.     I saw where they opened registration back up for WIBA weekend.   Did you register?  Just curious if I'd see you up there.   I'm so anxious to ride the bike course.  I do have a question for you as I've been having nightmares about not finishing.    Is there any forewarning that you're getting close to the cutoff or does an official just come along side you and say you're done?   I wondered if you have an opportunity to kick it up a notch and beat the cutoff monster.   Well, enjoy your taper.  Eat smart and sleep well then take the 70.3 by storm!

2014-07-14 7:39 PM
in reply to: bswcpa

User image

Extreme Veteran
Racine, Wisconsin
Originally posted by bswcpa

Good for you getting a coach to boost your confidence, JOANNE!   I wondered how you've been coming along.  To be able to ride 80 and then run some PR minute miles shows you're in a good place.  We just got the cold front that you mentioned and I hope it moves on out and goes back to reasonable temps for your race this weekend.  Sorry you couldn't get in a swim.   Good luck at Racine!  May your confidence carry you into reaching your goal.     I saw where they opened registration back up for WIBA weekend.   Did you register?  Just curious if I'd see you up there.   I'm so anxious to ride the bike course.  I do have a question for you as I've been having nightmares about not finishing.    Is there any forewarning that you're getting close to the cutoff or does an official just come along side you and say you're done?   I wondered if you have an opportunity to kick it up a notch and beat the cutoff monster.   Well, enjoy your taper.  Eat smart and sleep well then take the 70.3 by storm!

I did have a warning but If you are watching the time you will know, you have until 5:30 and i believe there is about 20 miles from the end of the second loop to the bike finish. But I know you will be fine your a great biker!! As far as Wiba the coach said something about going up for some weekend thing the following week I have to dbl check with her, she may have gotten dates wrong. Eiither way I will most likely still come up for part of it and thanks for the vote of confidence
2014-07-15 7:26 AM
in reply to: JeffY

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
Originally posted by JeffY

I thought I'd give a PSA for everyone.

I rode this weekend with a beginner cyclist. He's a good runner who has only done a few triathlons and is already in contention for AG wins.
So we were talking about all things cycling as we rode (a group of 3). One of the topics was traffic and drivers. I explained to him that many drivers think we are being jerks because there's a wide shoulder and we crowd the white line on the edge of the traffic lane....I told him I don't ride there (and neither should he) because the shoulders are always covered in rocks, pebbles, glass and debris that will certainly destroy your tire within miles...to the tune of $60 a pop.
Sure enough, about 50 miles in to our ride he got a flat. So it was a great opportunity to give him the whole speech on flat repair. He already knew how to change a tube, but I told him that if you just stick another tube in, you will many times (most times?) flat again right away because the underlying cause hasn't been addressed.
I took the time to find the hole in the tube and we lined that up to this tire and found a nearly invisible slice in the tire. And with very close inspection found a tiny piece of metal wire, about the thickness of a human hair, still sticking through the tire.
So voila! fixed!

About a mile before home he flatted the same tire again!
So we did the trick one more time and found the hole in the tube and from the DIMPLES in the tube it was clear his rim tape wasn't covering the holes in the rim...well, we looked and it WAS covering the holes, but the rim strip was bulging deep in to the spoke holes....lo and behold, the bike he had purchased used had been incorrectly fitted with a gel type puncture guard as a rim strip. So the tube's pressure could push that thing down and out of the way and the tube in one of those holes had blown a hole through the gel strip.
So we put a new tube in but only went to 60psi which was enough to limp him home.

Consider carrying a patch kit with you on your rides. With a patch kit you can take care of a flat to your spare tube...you can use the patch kit to makeshift a cover over a spoke hole if needed and you can use it to patch the inside of your tire, should you get a big gash that won't hold your tube in. They weigh ounces and are literally smaller than a pack of gum.

And in situations like we had, a small frame pump is actually a great thing to have....unless you want to carry 4 or 5 CO2 cartridges..

End of PSA.

and ps...

My legs began to feel better on Thursday. I now feel no more sore than is often the norm so I can get in and out of my car and even get dressed without a major incident.
My shoulder is feeling better, still not really stable, but improving....no problem swimming.

Jeff glad to hear you are doing better and I think this is all good advice. A friend of mine had a similiar issue a few weeks ago with a constant flat of his rear tire. Turns out on further inspection he a tiny peice of wire in his tire causing his issue. I also think carrying the patch kit is a great idea. I wouldn't have thought to use it for the spoke hole and I totally agree it is worth carrying a small pump with you as well. While I do carry CO2's that little pump has bailed me and my friends out on many occasions.
2014-07-15 7:34 AM

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
JoAnne glad to hear that your training is going better with your new tri coach. Many of my friends went the coaching route this year in prep for their IM events and it looks like it's been a big help for a lot of them. I'm sure she'll have you more than ready for IMWI. Good luck this weekend in Racine with your upcoming race I'm sure you're going to do well. I hope both you and Brenda get some warmer temps this week too sounds like you guys have fall weather.

I finally got back to a decent week of training last week I was able to get in 17+ hours in. I'm in the final 3 weeks of my peak phase of training and I'm hoping to finish it out strong. I'll do a 2 week taper this year so my last big day is probably going to be August 3rd. I can only say this year has been so much harder than last year. I'll be so happy to get through the next 3 weeks and make it to the taper. I just don't know how people do this every year and those who do two or more in a year well that's just insanity. I have a new found respect for those who can do this sort of thing every year. I think for me it will be a long time before I decide to do another IM. I'm definitely going to take a long hiatus from this race distance.
2014-07-15 7:41 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sidney, Ohio
Originally posted by strikyrJoAnne glad to hear that your training is going better with your new tri coach. Many of my friends went the coaching route this year in prep for their IM events and it looks like it's been a big help for a lot of them. I'm sure she'll have you more than ready for IMWI. Good luck this weekend in Racine with your upcoming race I'm sure you're going to do well. I hope both you and Brenda get some warmer temps this week too sounds like you guys have fall weather.I finally got back to a decent week of training last week I was able to get in 17+ hours in. I'm in the final 3 weeks of my peak phase of training and I'm hoping to finish it out strong. I'll do a 2 week taper this year so my last big day is probably going to be August 3rd. I can only say this year has been so much harder than last year. I'll be so happy to get through the next 3 weeks and make it to the taper. I just don't know how people do this every year and those who do two or more in a year well that's just insanity. I have a new found respect for those who can do this sort of thing every year. I think for me it will be a long time before I decide to do another IM. I'm definitely going to take a long hiatus from this race distance.

"I think it will be a longtime before I decide to do another IM"

for some reason I think we heard the same comment last year about this time

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Asphalt Junkies Summer Edition - OPEN Rss Feed  

of 11

RELATED POSTS

Jeff's Long Course Group - (Open) Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

Started by parrj
Views: 10760 Posts: 133

2014-11-25 4:21 PM ARtridad74

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : December 7, 2006
author : BobbyMcgee
By gradually running for increasingly longer periods on a softer surface, you will learn the technique and come to realize the benefits in injury prevention and speed.
date : April 2, 2006
author : mikericci
This summer, I am planning on doing three triathlons. What should my strategy be for training, tapering and resting during, before and after each race?