General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Disco Tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-05-23 1:58 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: Disco Tri
Anyone racing in the Disco Tri? What distance are you planning to do and are you wearing something fun?

2014-05-26 11:08 PM
in reply to: qtzie

User image

Denton, TX
Subject: RE: Disco Tri
planning on doing the X50 as a measuring point for my summer trng (doing full redman in Sept). Since it is a key race, 'all business' this time around....but hope you and other dress the part. Great triathlon and fun!
2014-05-27 8:12 AM

New user
I will be there doing the Olympic, but I'm not a terribly adventurous dresser! I hope we get more rain between now and then because the lake was super low for the Texasman in early May. You hit a sand bar about 100 yards out and had to walk a bit before you were clear to swim again. Perhaps they will tweak the swim course a tad to try to route us away from it if we don't get enough rain.
2014-05-27 4:04 PM

User image

I'll be doing the X-50 as well. Got my fingers crossed for a ton of rain right before the event as the lakes aren't too warm yet and I'd love a wetsuit for the mile. I raced the sprint at Texasman and also fear getting caught up on the sandbar that I saw so many people walking across.

Also, gearing up for REDMAN in September though i'll only be doing the half (my first). X-50 feels like a real solid test of fitness in regards to a 70.3
2014-06-02 4:32 PM
in reply to: BigDLobo

User image

Austin

Originally posted by BigDLobo I will be there doing the Olympic, but I'm not a terribly adventurous dresser! I hope we get more rain between now and then because the lake was super low for the Texasman in early May. You hit a sand bar about 100 yards out and had to walk a bit before you were clear to swim again. Perhaps they will tweak the swim course a tad to try to route us away from it if we don't get enough rain.

decided not to do the disco just because of the way texasman ended up. The low water levels, + the heat of the later season race like that. Not this time around.

Good luck to those of you who are doing it.

2014-06-17 1:58 PM
in reply to: BigDLobo

User image

Regular
Oh goodness-- thanks for the info BigD! I hope we don't have to get out and walk.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Disco Tri Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Disco Tri bike

Started by prieto539
Views: 1161 Posts: 3

2012-06-12 1:10 PM z2012

Disco Tri in Denton on 7/13 ??? Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by ousooner45
Views: 5050 Posts: 113

2008-07-08 11:05 AM Doughboy

Captex Rainout Discount to Disco Tri

Started by kproudfoot
Views: 863 Posts: 8

2007-06-05 1:53 PM Sparty

Disco Tri goes crazy

Started by apw0397
Views: 1018 Posts: 13

2007-01-10 10:31 AM cjasonbrown

Disco Tri (and pre-tri)

Started by camy
Views: 963 Posts: 14

2006-07-03 9:22 AM Comet
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 13, 2010
author : kcowart
comments : 11
I have always been an athlete, growing up playing team sports like basketball and soccer. I also ran in a couple of 10K races every year, so I had no reason to worry about running a 5K...right?

date : August 13, 2008
author : eschmits
comments : 2
After I left the running store, I couldn't stop thinking about the sprint tri and how much of a challenge it would be for me. So instead of joining a gym, I started riding my bike and it felt great.
date : February 5, 2008
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
A product review of the Louis Garneau Tri Air Triathlon Shoe. After nearly two years of testing, see how this shoe performed. Currently being replaced by the Tri Air 2.

date : January 1, 2008
author : agrace
comments : 4
I couldn’t help but feel that the race had beaten me. Perhaps duathlons were more for me? No, I was more determined than ever to succeed. I was determined to get on top of my swimming.
date : December 31, 2006
author : docgill
comments : 0
This life of mine is not so different from yours. It has a multitude of similarities. I suffer from uncertainty, I get nervous at the thought of registering and when getting to the starting line.

date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.
date : November 27, 2005
author : spetremears
9 weeks after my first bike ride, 5 months after my first swim and 13 months after my surgery I entered the Nelson week Tri a Tri !

date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.