General Discussion Triathlon Talk » LITCHFIELD HILLS Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-06-05 12:30 PM

User image

Subject: LITCHFIELD HILLS
Hi- I found some posts and race reports on Litchfield Hills Oly Tri. I am very excited to be doing this as my first "real" tri. I say that only because my first Tri wasnt even a sprint. It was an indoor, timed thing. Hey it got me in the door and looking at doing an OLY so, cant complain. I have been running for a few years, so Im not worried about that (even though I dont expect it to be easy). I have been training in the pool trying to get up to 1500 meters. I have been biking with a group that has started passing the 24.8 mile mark. But we still take breaks to let the group catch up.

I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. - Did my first open water swim last night. No idea of the distance, but since my sighting is horrible, my laps were a little longer than most. So far I dont have a wetsuit. I have seen some good deals online, but havent taken the plunge. Id like to try some on. Ive only tried on one suit, with full arms and my shoulders felt restricted.

I am really looking forward to hearing from those who are doing the LH or who have done it. I did a Harford Marathon Foundation race this Sunday Amica Iron Horse HM and like how their events are run. I live close enough to the course that I have done part of the bike route already. I plan to do the whole bike course before the race.

2014-06-25 10:53 AM
in reply to: BF JEFF

User image

New user
Subject: RE: LITCHFIELD HILLS
I'm doing this one this year too. I haven't done this exact race but I have done a few others put on by HMF. They do an excellent job for the most part. I'm looking forward to this one too. Good luck.
2014-07-01 10:58 AM
in reply to: Tracker09

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by Tracker09

I'm doing this one this year too. I haven't done this exact race but I have done a few others put on by HMF. They do an excellent job for the most part. I'm looking forward to this one too. Good luck.

+1
2014-07-01 12:15 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Veteran
I've volunteered at this race a couple of years. One thing to be aware of is that there is a distance from the swim to transition. Most use some sort of slip on shoes that they leave near the swim exit as the road is dirt and pebbles.
2014-07-02 9:03 AM
in reply to: rustymom

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by rustymom

I've volunteered at this race a couple of years. One thing to be aware of is that there is a distance from the swim to transition. Most use some sort of slip on shoes that they leave near the swim exit as the road is dirt and pebbles.

Thanks - I've heard this as well!
2014-07-13 10:16 PM

User image

SOUTH WINDSOR, Connecticut

when is this tri?  If available, would be nice to go and watch.  No where near ready for this distance.....  yet.

2014-07-14 3:48 PM
in reply to: Dennis B

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
2014-07-15 8:26 AM

User image

SOUTH WINDSOR, Connecticut

Thanks for the link!

I will be doing a long bike ride on Sunday, may need to ride up that way.

Yes, my pic is from Winding Trails. I will be there tonight for the third time (look for the slow guy in the pink Newington Cycle outfit). Really like it. Taking some time to get used to the mountain bike / trail run. Predicting a lot of rain for this evening..  even more fun!

Best of luck on Sunday!

-Dennis

2014-07-21 6:26 AM
in reply to: BF JEFF

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by BF JEFF

Hi- I found some posts and race reports on Litchfield Hills Oly Tri. I am very excited to be doing this as my first "real" tri. I say that only because my first Tri wasnt even a sprint. It was an indoor, timed thing. Hey it got me in the door and looking at doing an OLY so, cant complain. I have been running for a few years, so Im not worried about that (even though I dont expect it to be easy). I have been training in the pool trying to get up to 1500 meters. I have been biking with a group that has started passing the 24.8 mile mark. But we still take breaks to let the group catch up.

I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. - Did my first open water swim last night. No idea of the distance, but since my sighting is horrible, my laps were a little longer than most. So far I dont have a wetsuit. I have seen some good deals online, but havent taken the plunge. Id like to try some on. Ive only tried on one suit, with full arms and my shoulders felt restricted.

I am really looking forward to hearing from those who are doing the LH or who have done it. I did a Harford Marathon Foundation race this Sunday Amica Iron Horse HM and like how their events are run. I live close enough to the course that I have done part of the bike route already. I plan to do the whole bike course before the race.

I'm assuming that was you I blew by on the bike because I only saw one barefoot rider. FYI You are doing yourself a huge disservice by not clipping into the pedals.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » LITCHFIELD HILLS Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Litchfield Hills Olympic Triathlon : Official Thread

Started by LarchmontTri
Views: 1315 Posts: 1

2012-06-20 10:33 AM LarchmontTri

Litchfield HIlls Triathlon

Started by No Excuses
Views: 1354 Posts: 3

2010-08-16 2:30 PM chkjel

Long Pond off Lantern Hill

Started by CNIDog
Views: 2084 Posts: 8

2009-04-21 7:08 PM Stone

Long Hill Park in Groton?

Started by aarondavidson
Views: 1056 Posts: 1

2009-04-05 9:59 PM aarondavidson
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 20, 2007
comments : 0
I struggled on the bike while climbing the hill portions of the course. I do fine on long straight rides but really have a tough time while hill climbing. Any advice or training tips?

date : April 2, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on muscular endurance training, transitioning between distances, big hill training and bricks.
date : March 5, 2006
author : BobbyMcgee
When we get ready to train or race, we have a pretty fixed set of thoughts. We are unaware of how they affect our racing.

date : March 5, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Discussion on tapering, treadmill workout, long run issues, insituting run/walk, surrounded by hills and knowing your LT.
date : January 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 2
I’m terrified of biking hills and the triathlon I am registered for has several hills…on AND off road!! I’m willing to do whatever it takes to finish this triathlon. Any guidance?

date : July 5, 2005
author : dara
It makes no sense to train hard for a year to hone that aerobic system only to have all that training undermined by a few anaerobic bursts on race day. So, how do you go about it?
date : January 24, 2005
author : Don Magie
A better bike is not the answer to meeting your performance goals. I mean if you gave Nike running shoes to a tortoise would he move any faster?

date : August 31, 2004
author : smeeko
How to fit in a running workout in 30 minutes or less for a busy lifestyle