General Discussion Triathlon Talk » A bullied bicyclist gets the last punch Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-06-18 3:22 PM

User image

Atlanta, Georgia
Subject: A bullied bicyclist gets the last punch
http://tablet.olivesoftware.com/Olive/Tablet/AtlantaJournalConstitu...

Just because that guy has on a bunch of spandex doesn't mean he can't lay your drunk out.

Also, yet another good reason to install a GoPro on your bike or helmet.

2014-06-18 4:36 PM
in reply to: Meathead

User image

Expert
Boise, ID
Subject: RE: A bullied bicyclist gets the last punch

Idiot driver is lucky he did not get shot. Cyclist would have been completely justified.

2014-06-18 5:28 PM
in reply to: Aarondb4

User image

Denver, CO

That idiot totally had it coming.  Hope the bike wasn't too messed up!

2014-06-18 11:47 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Expert
Bradenton, Florida
Good to hear a positive outcome in the all too often car vs. cyclist drama. It's because of stories like this and some close personal experiences that I just add a GoPro to my ride. I'll gladly trade the loss of aerodynamics for the peace of mind.
2014-06-19 9:55 AM
in reply to: cwpeters

While this one had a "happy ending" big conflicts between drivers and cyclists are becoming more commonplace in Atlanta. Just yesterday a kid was hit and left in critical condition with no word on the driver. Within the last two weeks a well known local who cycles to work everyday was almost hit by a driver, had some words with him (which according to his friends was very uncharacteristic of him so it must have been a very close call), and then the driver went after the cyclist and purposely hit him. That driver has not been found as well.

We all have stories about bikes vs cars, whether it is getting buzzed by cars or yelled at by drivers. It's a scary situation and the main reason I do most of my cycling on my trainer and if I go outdoors on a multi-use path. The odds simply aren't in our favor in Atlanta.
2014-06-19 10:01 AM
in reply to: tb1000

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Originally posted by tb1000 While this one had a "happy ending" big conflicts between drivers and cyclists are becoming more commonplace in Atlanta. Just yesterday a kid was hit and left in critical condition with no word on the driver. Within the last two weeks a well known local who cycles to work everyday was almost hit by a driver, had some words with him (which according to his friends was very uncharacteristic of him so it must have been a very close call), and then the driver went after the cyclist and purposely hit him. That driver has not been found as well. We all have stories about bikes vs cars, whether it is getting buzzed by cars or yelled at by drivers. It's a scary situation and the main reason I do most of my cycling on my trainer and if I go outdoors on a multi-use path. The odds simply aren't in our favor in Atlanta.

Glad he was able to defend himself, but there has to be more to it than a guy just simply pulled over and attacked.

IMO that is a horribly written article.

2014-06-19 10:54 AM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Expert
Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa.

Dang.  This could have been ugly.

I'm glad he gave that dumb A$$ a beat down.

Goes back to the argument:  "Should we all be riding with properly licensed and documented handguns?"

2014-06-19 12:14 PM
in reply to: 0

Veteran
Originally posted by jford2309

Originally posted by tb1000 While this one had a "happy ending" big conflicts between drivers and cyclists are becoming more commonplace in Atlanta. Just yesterday a kid was hit and left in critical condition with no word on the driver. Within the last two weeks a well known local who cycles to work everyday was almost hit by a driver, had some words with him (which according to his friends was very uncharacteristic of him so it must have been a very close call), and then the driver went after the cyclist and purposely hit him. That driver has not been found as well. We all have stories about bikes vs cars, whether it is getting buzzed by cars or yelled at by drivers. It's a scary situation and the main reason I do most of my cycling on my trainer and if I go outdoors on a multi-use path. The odds simply aren't in our favor in Atlanta.

Glad he was able to defend himself, but there has to be more to it than a guy just simply pulled over and attacked.

ditto

Edited by sheesleeva 2014-06-19 12:14 PM
2014-06-19 12:29 PM
in reply to: sheesleeva

User image

Expert
Oklahoma
Originally posted by sheesleeva

Originally posted by jford2309

ditto

If the guy wasn't drunk I would agree, but people do some dumb stuff while drinking. And the guy already established he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed by driving around drunk in the first place.

I agree the article was very poorly written.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » A bullied bicyclist gets the last punch Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Forget getting chicked, last night I got fawned... Pages: 1 2

Started by jcnipper
Views: 3424 Posts: 26

2012-09-10 12:22 PM Bigfuzzydoug

Last long run was last night

Started by pga_mike
Views: 1539 Posts: 14

2009-12-24 10:41 PM SAWFISH50

Man to serve 8 years in bicyclist's death

Started by Blueraiderzone
Views: 1214 Posts: 9

2008-07-08 6:08 AM jsnowash

Man Gets 16 Years for Killing 2 Bicyclists

Started by DTraub
Views: 1180 Posts: 18

2007-06-01 12:08 PM jmcelroy

Trucker Ran Bicyclist Off Road 3 Times

Started by Sharkie
Views: 802 Posts: 6

2004-08-11 9:54 PM CindyK
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 21, 2011
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
Part Three: What's Reality Got to Do with Anything Old?

date : September 16, 2011
Part Two: On Appreciation and Acceptance. At some point your body will let you down. Then you have to decide whether it is really the enemy.
date : August 19, 2011
comments : 1
Part One: On Speed, Desire and Age. There are some advantages to running slowly. Now, give me a minute here and I'll try to think of one.

date : December 12, 2009
author : FitWerx
We are often asked the question, "What size frame should I buy" and the answer is “it depends”. I know that’s not the answer you want to hear, but hopefully the following will shed some more light.
date : September 10, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 6
Should I be working on getting faster at running by doing the longer distances and working up slowly over time or run faster for shorter distances now?

date : July 8, 2008
author : amyro1234
Ever since I was 11 years old and first heard the word "triathlon" mentioned, I have made it my vow to do one. But what 11 year old does triathlons?”
date : October 3, 2007
author : Ontherun
An inspirational biography about one of endurance sports early pioneers, David McGillivary, race director for the Boston Marathon.

date : October 2, 2005
author : tgurl
comments : 1
”Everyone can swim; show me what you can do.” She watched, I emerged and she said, “Oh! You really can't swim!”