BT Development New Products and Sales! » Giveaway: 3 innovative goggles (see time during swimming) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2014-06-26 3:58 PM

Subject: Giveaway: 3 innovative goggles (see time during swimming)
Hello~
I have a invention and I need some feedback.
I fix a watch in front of goggles, so you can see time during your swimming training. It provide instant feedback to help you improve your performance. (http://www.viewpace.com/)

Now, I have three samples for you guys to have a test. It's FREE! But you need to post a review based on your test. Just leave me a private message with your available shipping address. First come first serve!

Thanks!!

2014-06-27 2:33 PM
in reply to: jh041

Subject: RE: Giveaway: 3 innovative goggles (see time during swimming)
"VGT" and "I try tris", please PM me your address for shipping. And there is still one more available for test!!
2014-06-27 6:14 PM
in reply to: #5018058

User image

Delco, PA
PM Sent.
2014-06-28 4:26 PM

Originally posted by jh041

"VGT" and "I try tris", please PM me your address for shipping. And there is still one more available for test!!

I actually changed my mind after viewing the website, I had expected a small digital clock embedded in the lens; can't see myself swimming with something like this. Good luck!
2014-06-29 1:29 AM
in reply to: VGT

User image

Master
Midlothian, VA

Yeah....

I'll just stick to using the watch I already wear while swimming. Not to mention, it reminds me of the invention in the Steve Martin classic, "The Jerk", that made everyone cross-eyed.

2014-06-29 12:18 PM
in reply to: faded_memories

reply to VGT: my apology, I should describe that clearer.
When a digital clock is embedded in the lens, it is too close to be seen. Now, we don't have funding to manufacture something like Google Glass with heads-up display technology. Yes, the shape of this goggles may look unconventional and someone don't like it. But the price can be low and somewhat solve the problem which may need to be solved by an very expensive device.

reply to faded memories
Google Glass type of heads-up display is definitely a better solution. There may be a potential cross-eyed problem. I may consider to redesign it and move the watch to one side of eye. Also, swimmers do not expect to stare at the watch all the time. Even using Google Glass, one will feel sick if staring at screen when they are in motion. Swimmers only need to check their time like once/twice per minute, similar to the runners check their watch.

2014-06-30 11:00 PM

User image

Veteran
Great White North
No offence meant but how is this better than the pace mode on the finis tempo trainer...
2014-07-01 9:31 AM
in reply to: simpsonbo

I never use the finis tempo trainer, but it looks like a good swim gear!
But is it for rhythm training? There seems a triple beep mode, so you can set a time for a triple beep say 10 min, but you don't know what is the time when you at 5min (i.e. how long have I swum? how long should I swim?)
And, our price is much cheaper)

Again, I never use it. So, my comments may be wrong.

Originally posted by simpsonbo

No offence meant but how is this better than the pace mode on the finis tempo trainer...
2014-07-01 6:22 PM

User image

Veteran
Great White North
Tempo Trainer Pro has 3 modes. Most know about the stroke rate mode. It also has a pace mode that can be set to the .01/second...

Ie

Doing 5 x 200m @ 2.30 holding under 2.20.

I set it to 17.25 per 25 and start it when I push off and then it beeps every 17.25 seconds. If I keep up to it then its a 2.18 200, 12 seconds rest.
2014-07-01 9:10 PM

I see!
So, by judging whether the beep is before or after your flip turn, you know if you are under- or over-achieved. Right?
In this way, there are indeed some overlap functionality between my goggles and tempo trainer.

Comparing to my goggles, I admit my goggles have a non-traditional appearance and have extra drag.

However, the advantage is that you can always know if you are over/under-achieved during the whole swim (not only at the flip turn). This may help you decide whether you can hold a breath to break your personal record during the last lap of swimming.

Another advantage is that you can use the total swimming time to estimate how many laps you have swam (some guys always forget their laps, especially for long distance swim). If you don't want do the math to calculate your laps, we will use accelerometer to record laps in the future.

Last but not least, mine is cheaper

Tempo Trainer Pro has 3 modes. Most know about the stroke rate mode. It also has a pace mode that can be set to the .01/second...

Ie

Doing 5 x 200m @ 2.30 holding under 2.20.

I set it to 17.25 per 25 and start it when I push off and then it beeps every 17.25 seconds. If I keep up to it then its a 2.18 200, 12 seconds rest.
2014-07-02 7:35 PM

User image

Veteran
Great White North
Watch "Swimmer's April Fools Prank" on YouTube
Swimmer's April Fools Prank: http://youtu.be/GIb0KKz5JoM

Looked up your site. No way I would wear that
  • .. 2 reasons

• 1. Try swimming under 1.10/ 100 m with it and come back to me. HR chest straps wont stay up at those speeds let alone somwthing that might affect my head position.

2. Dork factor. Tempo trainer fits under my cap.

I'm sure triathletes will enjoy this product but swimmers will say no dice.

2014-07-02 8:37 PM

That's a lot of beep!!

I totally understand that not everyone will like the weird shape of my goggles.
    For the HR chest. I would say it's not because of the drag that push away the strap. It is because when breathing in/out air your chest is constantly changing its shape (wiggling). This constant twisting makes the straps slip away. Runners also have this problem too, but water lubricant makes the problem for swimmers even worse. Anyway, I hate HR chest.
    If you want HR during swimming, I recommend you this product instabeat (instabeat.me) or AquaPulse Heart Rate Monitor from FINIS.

Good to talk with you simpsonbo. Have a great summer!

Watch "Swimmer's April Fools Prank" on YouTube
    Swimmer's April Fools Prank: http://youtu.be/GIb0KKz5JoM

Looked up your site. No way I would wear that
  • .. 2 reasons

• 1. Try swimming under 1.10/ 100 m with it and come back to me. HR chest straps wont stay up at those speeds let alone somwthing that might affect my head position.

2. Dork factor. Tempo trainer fits under my cap.

I'm sure triathletes will enjoy this product but swimmers will say no dice.
    New Thread
    BT Development New Products and Sales! » Giveaway: 3 innovative goggles (see time during swimming) Rss Feed  
    RELATED POSTS

IOLITE Real-Time Guidance During Swimming

Started by stephenholm
    Views: 1135 Posts: 1

2014-05-01 1:29 AM stephenholm

In time for Christmas!

Started by joeinco
    Views: 1122 Posts: 1

2013-12-05 11:31 AM joeinco

Lululemon Om Bag and Five Accessories Giveaway! ends 7/10

Started by GreatWomen
    Views: 1817 Posts: 1

2013-07-09 4:31 AM GreatWomen

Valdora Cycles Limited Time Offer

Started by Ron
    Views: 3487 Posts: 2

2011-07-29 12:39 AM levinaz

NEW “The Essential Triathlon Swimming DVD"

Started by Ron
    Views: 4513 Posts: 1

2008-01-28 11:29 AM Ron
    RELATED ARTICLES
    date : September 13, 2011
    author : garyhallsr
    comments : 2
    What triathletes can learn from a new world record in the 1500 meters

date : July 18, 2011
    author : garyhallsr
    comments : 5
    World-record swimmer gives advice on correct breathing technique
    date : November 19, 2007
    author : CyndiPPF
    comments : 0
    So here I was, a hard-working, respectable, just-turned-forty-six-year-old, who never considered herself athletic, lining up in my swim cap and goggles for my first triathlon.

date : June 6, 2006
    author : TriForrestTri
    In order to maintain the rest of our life, we also have to become skilled at time management. Here are a few suggestions for getting workouts in when you can.
    date : May 30, 2005
    author : Ontherun
    Taking care of your equipment is very important, especially on a limited budget. The following are a few reminders of how to get your equipment to last as long as possible.

date : May 16, 2005
    author : DominiqueL
    Enter the new TYR X-Sight goggles. The X-Sights have been designed with a flexible nose bridge that (surprise, surprise) is shaped like an “X”.
    date : November 14, 2004
    author : eclaire
    Newbie blunders teach the mind to overcome the moment, and always have fun!

date : October 10, 2004
    author : Tri Swim Coach
    Many people in the triathlon world think they need to just emulate Ian Thorpe to have a faster time, or have a similar stroke to Michael Phelps to cruise through the swim. Unfortunately...