General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Numbness in the groin Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-06-30 5:56 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Silicon Valley
Subject: Numbness in the groin
Lately as my ride length increases I am getting numbness in the groin area. A guy local here has a Planet Bike A.R.S. (Anatomic Relief Saddle ) Classic Saddle for sale. Anyone have any experience with this particular saddle or any other recommendation for that matter?

Thanks in advance.

2014-07-01 7:17 PM
in reply to: Stuartap

User image

Veteran
Hudson Valley
Subject: RE: Numbness in the groin
Seats are like shoes, gloves and helmets; it's a very personal fit. I've ben very pleased with Specialized's seats. The cutout on the middle is quite a relief in the contact area. But that's not the only way men can feel discomfort in the groin area. I still occasionally feel numbness when my shorts try turn my outy to an inny. It's a circulation rather than a pressure issue.
2014-07-02 6:28 AM
in reply to: Stuartap

User image

Pro
, New Hampshire
Before you start the endless chase for the "perfect" saddle, make sure you have a solid bike fit before. Most saddle issues are actually fit issues. Only after that, start swapping saddles until you find on that fits you well and stick with it.

Personally, I've abandoned tri saddles and stuck with my Prologo Scratch on all my bike incl. my tri bike.
2014-07-12 6:52 AM
in reply to: audiojan

User image

Veteran
Central VA
I experienced numbness down there after changing my saddle height. I raised it up a few cm for better leg fit. Went numb and lowered it back down, problem went away.

Using Selle Italia SLR which is a pretty minimalist padded saddle.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Numbness in the groin Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Saddle advice - perineal numbness

Started by narkose
Views: 1643 Posts: 5

2009-06-01 4:06 AM kenherman

Numbness in Feet

Started by tvoss7
Views: 560 Posts: 2

2008-07-07 7:14 PM jealex

Long Distance Saddle Numbness

Started by qbtri
Views: 681 Posts: 6

2005-08-10 8:24 PM qbtri
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 14, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 2
From yoga to Crossfit, what strategies can be used to get a groin injury under control for racing?

date : April 22, 2009
comments : 0
A lot of groin pain has led me to many radiological exams. Doing NO running or biking for a month helped, but as soon as I ease back into training, symptoms return.
date : November 12, 2008
On the long bike rides of 80+ miles I get very strong pain in my toes. I slow down my pace and I might recover, but when I hit the next hill it is back. Could this be some kind of circulation issue?

date : May 12, 2008
I started having trouble a couple months ago with a tightness and almost numbness in my anterior left leg and top of foot during running. It feels sort of dead.
date : February 11, 2008
Is my childhood groin injury to blame for my recent pain while running? It just hurts when I'm running, not during day to day activities.

date : June 11, 2007
comments : 1
Groin pain in athletes has a long differential diagnosis. As a triathlete, and the area you are describing, you are more likely to have a strain of the iliopsoas, or hip flexor.
date : April 9, 2007
I realized my 50 mile/week running career was over. Now what? I was only 30 years old. I did what I could to stay active – switched to biking and swimming.

date : October 2, 2005
I'm kind of afraid to go back to running if it is a stress fracture. But if it isn't, then I don't want to under-train either. What other symptoms distinguish each of these two injuries?