General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Can Anyone Tell Me About The Legend 13.1/10/5 Trail Run? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-07-11 2:40 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Grosse Pointe Woods
Subject: Can Anyone Tell Me About The Legend 13.1/10/5 Trail Run?
http://www.runlegend.com/

I have always wanted to do this based on reading RRs and such, but have always seemed to have a conflict. This year the calendar looks clear. Having done tons of Running Fit dirt events, I assume the logistics, swag and support will be top notch. How is the trail and are there differences in the track between the 10 miler and the extra bit for the 1/2? Does it sell out? If not, I want to wait until after The Battle of Waterloo to see if I am up for the 10 miler or the 1/2 (want to do the 1/2 if at all possible). Also, how is the camping there? If the weather looks favorable, I'd guess camping the night before would be a great option.

2014-07-12 6:21 PM
in reply to: #5024590

Subject: RE: Can Anyone Tell Me About The Legend 13.1/10/5 Trail Run?
I have not done the race so I can't speak to the support or organization of the race but I have run the trails there many times. It has a mix of single track mountain bike, a few miles that are a little wider but still wooded and narrow, and a few miles that are more like 5ft wide gravel trail. Some of the single track can muddy if it is wet but if there is little rain the week before it will be dry. It has small rolling hills, other than one or two short hills I would call it mostly flat.
2014-07-14 8:07 AM
in reply to: Swimmer98

User image

Extreme Veteran
Grosse Pointe Woods
Subject: RE: Can Anyone Tell Me About The Legend 13.1/10/5 Trail Run?
Originally posted by Swimmer98

I have not done the race so I can't speak to the support or organization of the race but I have run the trails there many times. It has a mix of single track mountain bike, a few miles that are a little wider but still wooded and narrow, and a few miles that are more like 5ft wide gravel trail. Some of the single track can muddy if it is wet but if there is little rain the week before it will be dry. It has small rolling hills, other than one or two short hills I would call it mostly flat.

Thanks for the info!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Can Anyone Tell Me About The Legend 13.1/10/5 Trail Run? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Anyone Run Potto Recently (Trail Weekend)

Started by AeroBaldness
Views: 822 Posts: 5

2013-04-24 5:00 AM maverickbassets

Trail run anyone?

Started by maverickbassets
Views: 960 Posts: 5

2010-10-22 10:57 AM maverickbassets

How is the Kal/Haven Trail for a Trail Run

Started by AeroBaldness
Views: 1123 Posts: 5

2009-11-03 7:52 PM AeroBaldness

Flint Area - Friday Evening OWS and trail run, trail ride, or road ride

Started by matt3liv
Views: 1373 Posts: 17

2008-06-20 8:11 PM matt3liv

Anyone know a good 13.1 mile trail route in the holly/fenton area?

Started by matt3liv
Views: 661 Posts: 5

2007-11-06 5:46 PM Nelg
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 29, 2013
author : jtriathlete
comments : 0
I'm curious about the 'don't increase your run by more than 10% per week' rule. Is there a minimum mileage under which this doesn't apply?

date : July 28, 2011
author : AMSSM
I can train for half marathons on pavement and on trails, but as soon as I change it up to gravel or loose dirt my knee swells and the pain it causes is unreal. Any ideas why this happens?
date : June 10, 2008
author : kns57
Steady is our walk. Ignoring the pain that is radiating from my feet, I continue to place one foot in front of the other. Again I wonder, “Why am I doing this?”

date : October 24, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
comments : 1
Discussions on keeping heart-rate down on hills, the fat burning zone, lactate threshold (LT) testing, max trainer hours, high HR on the run/walk, the 10% rule and different running workouts.
date : June 5, 2006
author : mikericci
How should I go about training for the marathon while also building base in the other two events? Doing this seems like it's causing me to break the 10% rule in running.

date : October 2, 2005
author : DominiqueL
Yes, the Dual is a little heavier than Cervèlo’s high end counterparts. But…the price is within reach of the masses and it still incorporates all of the design features that make a Cervèlo special.
date : October 17, 2004
author : smeeko
Discover the joys of trail running while also giving your body many benefits.