General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Flexor hallucis/posterior tibial tendonitis Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-07-16 8:49 PM

Subject: Flexor hallucis/posterior tibial tendonitis
Any one suffer with either one of these? I have had a tightness and discomfort in the lower leg deep to the achilles. I had it start after a run 6weeks ago. Not terrible but I didn't want it to blow up. I have not run in 2 weeks. It is better but still present. I've been doing heel drops and icing. Rolling and gentle stretching.Wondering how long it lingers. Any one have any tips that help? Oh by the way. Had plantar fascitis end of last year.

Dave

2014-07-30 12:05 PM
in reply to: SHTri

User image

New user
Subject: RE: Flexor hallucis/posterior tibial tendonitis
I have been dealing with both since last summer. I’ve also been trying to recover from plantar fasciitis since Thanksgiving.

Things that have helped:
1. Got a Retul bike fit. It really made my calves feel ‘lighter’, and less strained.
2. Wear arch supports and stability shoes, at all times. The only time I don’t have them on is when I step in/out of the shower.
3. Arch supports for my cycling shoes. I got a pair of Pearl Izumi 1:1 insoles. My foot was pronating during the downstroke. The harder and/or longer I rode would create a fire sensation that started in the heel and worked up the soleus area. The insoles really help with control pronation.
4. Moved my cleats as far back as they would go.
5. Physical therapy - especially graston
6. Foam rolling, cross friction rolling, and trigger point with a lacrosse ball
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Flexor hallucis/posterior tibial tendonitis Rss Feed