General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Beginner: wetsuit or trisuit or both Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-07-23 12:47 AM

User image

Regular
Subject: Beginner: wetsuit or trisuit or both
Does one need both, trisuit and wetsuit? I'll be swimming in Lake Michigan for practice and rain (and it can get pretty darn chilly). If one is wearing a wetsuit, what to wear under it that can be used for bike/run?

Also, any recommendations on tri wetsuits? Something 4-5mm thickness would be good. I am really extremely fond of swimming chilly water... I feel more tired after swimming in lower temperature. Any recommendations for beginner wetsuit would be appreciated. Most good names seem to be hitting $400+ range for tri wetsuits.

2014-07-29 9:04 PM
in reply to: ironbaby

User image

New user
Green Bay, WI
Subject: RE: Beginner: wetsuit or trisuit or both
If you can afford it both.....however the wetsuit will give you the most benefit in my opinion. I bought a Synergy Endorphin http://www.wetsuitoutlet.com/synergy-mens-endorphin-full-sleeve/for $179 and I love it. ,ales a huge difference in ease of swimming. Trisuit will go underneath and makes for easy transitions. However if an a budget tri shorts and just a normal top is more flexible in my opinion as I wear my tri shorts for bike rides all the time.

If you have a TJ maxx near you check there you can find some smoking deals there at times. I've boughten a trisuit, trishorts, and tri tops there all within the last 6 months. All Pearl Izumi for cheap.
2014-07-31 4:32 PM
in reply to: ironbaby

, Wisconsin
Subject: RE: Beginner: wetsuit or trisuit or both
I think you need both. The trisuit would be needed even if it were too hot for wetsuit. Wetsuit is added if the water is cool enough. Check out the ProMotion wetsuits. Under $200 (there is a forum discount).. I love mine. They also have top notch customer service.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Beginner: wetsuit or trisuit or both Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Beginner question about wetsuits

Started by clipperwind
Views: 1086 Posts: 7

2008-08-29 11:20 PM jeffy_101

Best wetsuit for beginners?

Started by Plissken74
Views: 916 Posts: 4

2008-02-27 12:27 PM briderdt

Wetsuit vs. trisuit

Started by Aretesys
Views: 999 Posts: 5

2008-02-19 9:34 AM moneyman

Beginner wetsuit

Started by jart0806
Views: 785 Posts: 1

2007-09-18 10:39 PM jart0806

Triathlon wetsuit vs Trisuit

Started by new@tri
Views: 724 Posts: 3

2005-07-12 7:41 AM TH3_FRB
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 24, 2012
comments : 1
Your wetsuit is a substantial investment, and proper care will extend its life considerably.

date : May 19, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 3
First in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries
date : February 4, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
Learn about the different styles of triathlon wetsuits, how to choose one and why it is beneficial to have one.

date : November 17, 2008
author : Ontherun
In part 3 of this series on mid-range fullsuits, we review the Neo Sport Sprint fullsuit for comfort, warmth, buoyancy and performance.
date : September 3, 2008
author : Ontherun
The first video in this series will go through some wetsuit basics: what is a triathlon wetsuit, different styles, rules for racing with a wetsuit and wetsuit care and fit.

date : August 20, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
I'm doing my first tri Saturday. It starts at 7 AM and the forecast is calling for a high of 82 (air temp). Do I need to rush out and get a wetsuit?
date : July 7, 2008
author : Ron
This is a 'first impressions' review of the Fit2Race Sockeye Fullsuit. From a first wetsuit point-of-view, I was able to dramatically improve my pace over non-wetsuit swims.

date : January 30, 2006
author : amandacmuller
In all of my tri-clothing research, I could never find a trisuit that would offer support where I needed it. I found that my choices were limited.