General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Here's what really happened at IMLP. I was racing and I finished Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-07-29 5:47 AM

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Here's what really happened at IMLP. I was racing and I finished
The pros went off at 6:30. Most pros will do the swim in less than 1 hr. Since 2013 IMLP is a rolling start. So you seed with your expected total swim time. A friend did the swim in 1:13 and he finished before the lightening so his race was not interrupted nor were any of the pros. I was in the 1:21 to 1:30 group and went in the water at 6:45. My first loop no problems second loop I got down to the opposite end of the lake made both rh turns and was headed back to the finish. It was here that the kayakers funneled us to shore. If you made the first turn heading back you got pushed to Mirror lake Dr and were told to walk back to transition and get on your bike. If you didn't make it to the turn on loop 2 you were funneled to the main st side and walked back to T1 and got on your bike. Some people didn't start the second loop and just went to T1. Others who just started turned around and went back to shore at the start and back to T1. So if you were a mid pack swimmer you had to walk all the way back to T1 barefooted. I had a blister on both feet before putting on my bike shoes. That's the story. I do not understand how they are going to score it and I don't care. It is very important to other people. So you can see if you seeded toward the 2 hr swim time you would have got on your bike after 1 swim loop and no additional transition time.
Kevin

2014-07-29 8:02 AM
in reply to: chevy57

User image

Regular
Grand Rapids, MI USA
Subject: RE: Here's what really happened at IMLP. I was racing and I finished
What a huge bummer.

I have lots of respect for people who kept on and completed the day.

I myself may have walked off.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Here's what really happened at IMLP. I was racing and I finished Rss Feed