General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Share a house during Honu? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-07-29 6:43 PM

User image

New user
Subject: Share a house during Honu?
Aloha,

I am doing the Honu next year and looking at renting a house for a week. I will have my wife & two boys, 7 & 10.

We would want to rent somewhere that gave us access to the Hilton pools, lagoon, etc. The boys are active and it is always funner with more.

It seems like the Kamaaiana prices at the Hilton are not offered anymore. When you add the resort fee, parking & a regular rate of $189 per night it gets expensive.

Anyone interested is sharing a big house or have any leads for me? I have looked at craigslist but would like to have a recommendation.

Aloha,
Matt

2014-09-29 11:33 AM
in reply to: mattdarnell

Subject: RE: Share a house during Honu?
I'm looking at vrbo, seems like there are some good prices, as long as you don't want to be Oceanside. I'm more interested in an online over winter training, as I just signed up for honu and am the perfect trifecta of old fat and slow. I'm needing all the support i can find!!!
2014-11-09 11:51 AM
in reply to: Throwdownmyace

User image

I live in Kona and have had fabulous luck with VRBO. I suggest sticking with property owners and contacting them directly as they often will work with you on price, waive deposits or absorb taxes to rent their place. Maybe keep an open mind about location as it is not far to drive from outlying areas such as Kohala and you might do better with the rate. Aloha! Rose
2014-11-24 10:49 AM
in reply to: mattdarnell

Aloha -

Your best bet for overall convenience and awesome-ness would be a VRBO in Puako. You'll be able to walk to the Orchid (host hotel) for check-in and race meeting. You and your family will be able to walk home from the finish line. Your family will be able to walk to/from T2, and a short (2-4mi bike depending on which end of Puako you're staying) from the swim start. You can ride your bike to Hapuna, convenient for both swim training and bike check-in the day prior to the race, as well as a hassle-free straight shot to the start line race day. Avoiding all the driving and parking issues on race day is key. Puako is also close the Hilton. Heck, I live here and may stay down there for a while around race day. Thanks for signing up for the race, and for bringing your family!!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Share a house during Honu? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Gear for during the 70.3

Started by Davidnvy
Views: 1138 Posts: 3

2013-04-03 3:35 PM tri808

Honu 2012 Training / Travel Buddy?

Started by kellyv808
Views: 1157 Posts: 2

2012-04-28 11:57 PM metafizx

Honu Kona Ironman 70.3 hotels

Started by kepa
Views: 2609 Posts: 4

2011-11-05 12:42 AM Kailua tri

Ford Ironman 70.3 Honu

Started by naners
Views: 2030 Posts: 2

2007-05-22 2:41 PM AirWreck

Ford Ironman 70.3 Honu

Started by ladavidson
Views: 3384 Posts: 12

2008-03-25 2:33 AM natcon96785
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 13, 2011
author : garyhallsr
comments : 2
What triathletes can learn from a new world record in the 1500 meters

date : July 18, 2011
author : garyhallsr
comments : 5
World-record swimmer gives advice on correct breathing technique
date : January 20, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
Feeling bloated during training and racing is a common concern with endurance sports like triathlon. More salt or more water? Read more!

date : October 19, 2010
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 0
Do you have your first triathlon coming up? This article will give you a few tips on what to wear for your triathlon.
date : October 9, 2009
NSAIDs are now starting to be used as an ergogenic aid to enhance performance especially before and during long endurance races and longer training sessions. Is this safe?

date : July 6, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 9
I am training for my first sprint tri and I am having the hardest time with the run. I just get really winded between the 1-1/12 mile mark.
date : July 11, 2007
comments : 1
Recent studies have demonstrated that moderate to mild levels of caffeine (less than 300mg) do not promote dehydration during exercise.

date : May 16, 2005
Could these fevers be related to my training and increased fatigue? Is there anything I can do to help prevent future occurrences? Or could it just be allergies combined with increased fatigue?