General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New to DC; looking for best place for bike work (dupont area?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-07-30 2:41 PM

Subject: New to DC; looking for best place for bike work (dupont area?)
hi all. i'm new to the DC area. living near the dupont circle and looking to get hooked up with the cycling/triathlon scene around here.

where in this area do people recommend obtaining a tune up/bike work on a road bike. And also are there group rides that leave from around here or nearby areas? thanks everyone!

2014-07-31 3:45 PM
in reply to: oogasboogas

User image

Regular
Washington, DC
Subject: RE: New to DC; looking for best place for bike work (dupont area?)
I live in Dupont as well. Between my husband and I, we've hit pretty much every bike shop in DC -- I strongly consider Revolution Cycles in Georgetown to be the best by far. Super quick turnaround on bike work...longest I've had to wait to get my bike back was two days, and that was with full tune-up, cleaning, new chain, and new tires. They also have GREAT customer service...not a lot of upselling, they explain everything they're doing, and they have zero attitude about it. Their former GM even asked me to go on rides with her when I first bought my tri bike and was uncomfortable with the aerobars, and taught me a ton about riding.

I know Rev Cycles has a group ride on weekends, as does Cycle Life (also in Georgetown). Not sure on details, since I don't do group rides (tri bike only).
2014-09-07 4:19 PM

Hey thanks so much for following up on this. i've been in town/dupont for the past 2 months and will head to georgetown to get my bike taken care of. how was the service on fitting for a new Tri bike? i'm also looking for one now that i've done a few tris on my roadie and love it!
2014-09-09 12:58 PM

User image

Regular
Washington, DC
Originally posted by oogasboogas

Hey thanks so much for following up on this. i've been in town/dupont for the past 2 months and will head to georgetown to get my bike taken care of. how was the service on fitting for a new Tri bike? i'm also looking for one now that i've done a few tris on my roadie and love it!

I bought my tri bike at Fresh Bikes in Arlington, because they are the only Cervelo dealer in the area. I really didn't like the vibe of that shop for various reasons, so opted to get my fit done by Katie Knight at Revolution Cycles on the recommendation of a friend. Katie was amazing, but I don't think she does fitting anymore (she's the GM of the whole operation now, I think). I think Rev Cycles' service is generally amazing, but it would be a different fitter than mine, full disclosure. I believe I paid $200 for a tri bike fit and it would have been cheaper if I bought the bike from them.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New to DC; looking for best place for bike work (dupont area?) Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Any good bike routes in the area?

Started by chevy57
Views: 1698 Posts: 3

2011-04-24 8:47 PM colinphillips

Open Water Swimming in DC Area

Started by LazyMarathoner
Views: 2503 Posts: 1

2009-06-28 1:04 PM LazyMarathoner

Place to run in DC

Started by TriForrestTri
Views: 1871 Posts: 5