General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Best Michigan Races Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-04 7:11 PM

User image

Subject: Best Michigan Races
Unfortunately my calendar is pretty full this year and I don't imagine there are a lot of races after October. With that being said, I'm looking towards next year and am curious as to what races you guys (and gals) would consider the most fun or can't miss races in the state?

Personally I am most interested in sprint and Olympic distance and have free lodging in the Grand Rapids and Petoskey areas so that's where I obviously focus, but I would like to open the discussion to any distance or race.

2014-08-08 12:25 PM
in reply to: Toefuzz

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
Subject: RE: Best Michigan Races
Originally posted by Toefuzz

Unfortunately my calendar is pretty full this year and I don't imagine there are a lot of races after October. With that being said, I'm looking towards next year and am curious as to what races you guys (and gals) would consider the most fun or can't miss races in the state?

Personally I am most interested in sprint and Olympic distance and have free lodging in the Grand Rapids and Petoskey areas so that's where I obviously focus, but I would like to open the discussion to any distance or race.
In the middle of your two locations, I am a big fan of the Ludington Lighthouse Triathlons which are generally mid/late August. The course is great - the swim is in Lake Michigan but it is protected by two piers so you don't need to worry about cancellation due to waves, and the bike and the run are pretty flat so you can just hammer them. It's usually my favorite race of the year.
2014-08-10 7:41 PM
in reply to: MSU_Brad

User image

Expert
CALEDONIA/MIDDLEVILLE, MICHIGAN
Ludington is without question one you should consider. Fantastic venue.
Another on you should think about is the Dream, Believe, Achieve Triathlon in Dorr/Hopkins...not too far off US-131. I think it's a gem that is going to gain momentum. Check it out at 3disciplines.com.
2014-08-15 12:40 PM

User image

New user
Howell, Michigan
I really like the Tawas Festival of Races. The swim begins on a nice sandy beach and the bike course is through a national forest, a very scenic ride. My wife also likes this race, there is plenty of things to keep her busy while she waits for me.
2014-08-19 4:58 PM
in reply to: Tri Sam

User image

Strangely I think my race (Petoskey) and both of the races you guys recommended are put on by 3Disciplines. Small world! Thanks for the input... I will check them out but probably not until next year as I have a few running races coming up.
2014-08-25 8:18 PM

New user

Caseville is a really nice race put on by tritofinish. The bike along lake Huron is one of the best in the state.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Best Michigan Races Rss Feed