General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Custom Bike Fitting - NYC Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-11 11:36 AM

Subject: Custom Bike Fitting - NYC
Just wondering if anyone knows of some places that offer custom bike fits.

I know what TOGA Bikes (Tribeca) and Asphalt Green offer custom bike fitting services. Prices are about $100-$400. I am new to the road
bike scene and would like to goto a place that someone has had a personal experience with.

http://togabikes.com/articles/bike-fitting-pg171.htm

2014-08-13 2:41 PM
in reply to: JTNY

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Subject: RE: Custom Bike Fitting - NYC
Originally posted by JTNY

Just wondering if anyone knows of some places that offer custom bike fits.

I know what TOGA Bikes (Tribeca) and Asphalt Green offer custom bike fitting services. Prices are about $100-$400. I am new to the road
bike scene and would like to goto a place that someone has had a personal experience with.

http://togabikes.com/articles/bike-fitting-pg171.htm

http://www.acmebicycleco.com/bicycle-fitting/

I haven't personally been fitted by John, but he's been a fixture on the local tri scene for many years, even before he opened up Acme a couple of years ago. I know several people who have been fitted by him and everyone has nothing but praise for him. He does custom bikes through Guru, so he can help you build your custom dream bike or he can consult with you and, based on your ideal fit, help you find the best new bike for you, or he can help you dial in your perfect fit on your existing road or tri bike. He's not cheap, but you'll get your money's worth.
2015-01-08 8:44 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

New user
Brooklyn, New York
I got a fit from John at Acme. He was thorough and excellent. I could not imagine such a complete fit. He is also a great guy.
2015-01-14 5:01 PM
in reply to: Caljah

Just as a follow-up, I had my bike fit done by Mike Hanson over at Asphalt Green in the UES .

I brought a package bike fit/lactate test for $300 at the time.

My overall experience was great for both test and Mike is himself a bike trainer and actually competed (unknown to me) at the Bricktown Tri last year.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Custom Bike Fitting - NYC Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

5 Entries to the 2014 NYC Triathlon Available Through Restore NYC

Started by Restore NYC
Views: 717 Posts: 1

2014-03-26 4:37 PM Restore NYC

Good Shop for a Bike Fit in NYC?

Started by jdevito20
Views: 4594 Posts: 13

2009-10-03 6:52 AM wstchstrTriathlete

Bike shop recommendations in or around NYC?

Started by bjg26pt2
Views: 968 Posts: 6

2008-02-12 3:33 PM kuota3

Biking challenges in NYC

Started by jjhall
Views: 659 Posts: 3

2007-05-19 12:42 AM jjhall

Bike routes, NYC

Started by jjhall
Views: 686 Posts: 2

2007-04-27 10:18 AM tryemdad
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 8, 2010
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
I am in the market for a new road bike, at several local bike stores I will test ride several bikes. Other than basic fit and components, how should I compare them while doing a test ride?

date : August 7, 2009
comments : 0
I am in the process of buying my first tri bike. Because of my size my fitter suggested buying a custom frame but then I have an infinite number of choices for components, wheels, aerobars, etc.
date : May 11, 2009
Motion capture technology with 2D and 3D analysis offers some powerful benefits compared to just a standard bike fit.

date : April 14, 2008
The bike fitters at Fit Werx talk about all the components of a triathlon bike fit and how it relates to aerodynamics and the individual.
date : August 7, 2007
author : sportfactory
Cyclists may be at risk of developing CTS due to long hours spent in one position. These eight tips can help you prevent carpal tunnel syndrome while grinding out those long hours on the bike.

date : June 11, 2007
author : sportfactory
Learning about the proper pedal interface, how to best acheive pedal force, good cycling form and bike fit, we can learn to achieve greater bike speed.
date : October 10, 2004
author : Team BT
The ONLY way to compete in my first triathlon was to do it on my BMX. I’m no professional—nor do I aspire to be one, I just want to be fit and healthy.

date : October 3, 2004
author : adumey
One of my fears, besides the radioactive material content of the Hudson River, was the water temperature. I found the water was much warmer as I inched closer to the holding dock.