General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello! tri Newb here Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-17 5:21 PM

Subject: Hello! tri Newb here
Hey everyone. I'm so glad that I found this site. A little about me, 31 years old. Live in Utah. I've been in law enforcement four the past 9 years. I've been an athlete for most out my life. I'm always looking for ways To challenge myself. I've ran several road races and a few obstacle races. 13+ miles. I've had a blast training for and completing these, however I've always had a desire to get into triathlons but didn' know where to start. I have a personality that when I get interested in something I put 100% off my spare time and effort into it. it can be a blessing or a curse. Anyways I started to seriously look into triathlons a few weeks ago. I'm hoping that this site can point me in the right direction and that I can start off on the right foot. I don't have a bike yet but have a goal of completing several tris and working my way up to an iron man 70.3 then maybe a full Iron man by this time next year. I hope this isn't a too far fetched of a goal. I'm committed and extremely dedicated. I look forward to the learning from and listening to the advice of everyone on here.
Thanks,
Brandon

2014-08-19 10:38 AM
in reply to: thecheese

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: Hello! tri Newb here

Hi Brandon, welcome to BT and triathlon!

You can go from zero to iron in a year; it just takes a LOT of consistent training and dedication. The training programs here are good; you can chain them up to get where you want to go. I'd also recommend looking at Don Fink's book Be Iron Fit. Good luck!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello! tri Newb here Rss Feed