General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to the sport in Memphis Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-26 8:25 PM

Subject: New to the sport in Memphis
Hello all! I'm a 31 year old husband and father of 1, I have been training for years with CrossFit Memphis, and have decided to go another direction. For the past few months I've been increasing my running/swimming but have yet to pull the trigger on a bike. My goal is to run several shorter distance races over the next 10-12 months in preparation for the Louisville KY Ironman in October 2015. I'm currently swim training at Germantown Athletic club, and running pretty much everywhere. I would love suggestions on where to buy my bike, and if there's anyone on here from Memphis that's looking for a training partner I would love to meet up and get some suggestions on technique.

2014-08-27 12:47 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
lake forest, California
Subject: RE: New to the sport in Memphis

Best bet is to either talk to cyclists you see around and ask them for a good local bike shop and/or personally visit every store till you find one you're comfortable with. Good luck on your Ironman journey, and stay active here at BT wheres theres tons of information

Edited by jbjboc 2014-08-27 12:48 PM
2014-08-27 1:00 PM
in reply to: TheHeimke

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Originally posted by TheHeimke Hello all! I'm a 31 year old husband and father of 1, I have been training for years with CrossFit Memphis, and have decided to go another direction. For the past few months I've been increasing my running/swimming but have yet to pull the trigger on a bike. My goal is to run several shorter distance races over the next 10-12 months in preparation for the Louisville KY Ironman in October 2015. I'm currently swim training at Germantown Athletic club, and running pretty much everywhere. I would love suggestions on where to buy my bike, and if there's anyone on here from Memphis that's looking for a training partner I would love to meet up and get some suggestions on technique.

Memphis Thunder is your best bet for finding guys to train with 
http://www.memphisthunderracing.com/

2014-08-27 2:19 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Across the river from Memphis, Tennessee
Welcome to BT! I'm kind of in Memphis too... just the wrong side of the river.

Memphis Thunder, Los Locos and Journeyman Racing are all good Memphis multisport groups with good people.

If you're looking for something more bike specific (more group rides, etc) the Memphis Hightailers are a good group and there's a good concentration of rides and members throughout Germantown and Collierville

Edited by WebFootFreak 2014-08-27 2:21 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to the sport in Memphis Rss Feed