General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Who's up for the challenge? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-29 12:34 AM

Subject: Who's up for the challenge?
So I've introduced myself on introduction I'm now looking for a guiding hand/mentor.

Here's the challenge. .... I'm 37yrs old 5ft 6ins and weighing in at 200lb! I have no fitness so coming in with nothing to lose only to gain. ... For me is about getting out there and personal triumphs as opposed to beating other. I am Asthmatic. My aim currently like I said is to get out there and finish a novice or sprint distance and hopefully build from there.

So is there anybody out there how thinks they can inspire this out of shape wannabe?

2014-08-29 5:05 AM
in reply to: jammer69

Subject: RE: Who's up for the challenge?
Well, so that you know is possible.......
In the last 2 years I went from 250 to 185 and did my first half ironman last weekend. And enjoyed every minute of it!
My suggestion is to set aggressive but realistic goals for yourself. Tell other people about your goals so that they will hold you accountable. Be prepared to sacrifice some quality happy hour time to teach your goals.

If this is your first step into endurance sports maybe start by training for a 5k. Download the couch to 5k app, book a race, and make it happen. Or select a sprint tri a suitable time from now, book it, and make the training happen.

In my experience I need a race that's on the calendar to keep me training. My wife is the same way. You are probably the same. So find a race, book it, train, make it happen.

Good luck!
2014-08-29 6:03 AM
in reply to: #5044767

That's brilliant fair play to you you must be so period of yourself
2014-08-29 6:03 AM
in reply to: #5044782

Proud*
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Who's up for the challenge? Rss Feed