General Discussion Triathlon Talk » My Log-intervals on the run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-29 7:10 AM

New user

Covington , Kentucky
Subject: My Log-intervals on the run
I need help with "My Log". I just noticed the "Intervals" section of the "Run" log. Is this where we can enter how we do our run. I have been putting that info into "Comments". For example, during my 5K run training I alternate running for 2 minutes, then walking for 2 minutes. Then I put that info into the "Comments". But, I put the total time in the above area. Can the "2 minutes run, 2 minutes walk" be put into the "Intervals" section? Thank you

2014-08-29 8:57 AM
in reply to: dmm312

User image

Fairfax, VA
Bronze member
Subject: RE: My Log-intervals on the run

Originally posted by dmm312 I need help with "My Log". I just noticed the "Intervals" section of the "Run" log. Is this where we can enter how we do our run. I have been putting that info into "Comments". For example, during my 5K run training I alternate running for 2 minutes, then walking for 2 minutes. Then I put that info into the "Comments". But, I put the total time in the above area. Can the "2 minutes run, 2 minutes walk" be put into the "Intervals" section? Thank you

I'd never noticed that before!  I also do my run as run/walk intervals... though, after awhile I'd think it would get really cumbersome to add each interval individually.  A 30 min run/walk at 2:2 intervals would mean 15 separate entries.  I'm not sure if you have one of the devices that can be uploaded here, but I when I upload my run from my garmin, the intervals automatically get added so I can see the different splits without having to fat-finger all of it. 

2014-08-29 9:17 AM
in reply to: jenstewey

New user

Covington , Kentucky
Thank you. No, I do not have any devices, except for a stop watch. I do a 5.5k run at 2 minute run, then a 2 minute walk for the whole distance.
2014-08-29 10:27 PM
in reply to: dmm312

User image

Champion

It depends on what you want to do.  If you actually log it as an 'interval', you will have access to interval graphs.  If you repeat that workout you can pull it up as a template in the future and just modify.  Logging it in the 'interval' tab of the logger will not generate any comments for it...as it could get quiet long.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » My Log-intervals on the run Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

swim intervals vs. run or bike intervals

Started by LarchmontTri
Views: 1287 Posts: 4

2014-03-05 9:48 AM LarchmontTri

Track Intervals and Pace Intervals?

Started by crmorton
Views: 2051 Posts: 7

2011-02-02 1:36 PM crmorton

Question re running/walking intervals when just beginning a running program

Started by Lori 22
Views: 1134 Posts: 10

2008-04-04 10:17 AM Lori 22

Run/walk interval question...

Started by kimta
Views: 1414 Posts: 15

2006-01-19 12:22 PM lingphd
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 7, 2013
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Intervals help a runner manage the intensity and learn to push at a pace that’s out of their comfort zone. Learn these five intervals with example workouts.

date : February 2, 2009
author : tonyladd
comments : 0
A discussion on how to use the training and race logs to determine how best to improve your performance for next season.
date : May 23, 2007
author : acbadger
comments : 5
When running or biking, is it best to work towards increasing distance, stamina, working with heart rates, intervals, speed, drills, etc.?

date : March 3, 2005
author : Ron
comments : 1
Configure your log settings to get the most out of your training log.
date : February 13, 2005
author : Glenn
Without a doubt, we begin to notice patterns in our training performances. We notice when our good and bad days repeat themselves in our logbook.

date : September 10, 2004
author : steve
Well its the middle of winter and there is 5 inches of snow on the ground and I am too cheap to buy a gym membership and take spinning classes, so what do I do?
date : September 10, 2004
author : Ron
Triathlon training logs to help you train and race more effectively. Log your swim, bike, run, strength, other sports and nutrition all in one place. Includes race logs, reports and graphs.

date : August 31, 2004
author : smeeko
I decided to list a few interesting workouts to increase speed.