Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2014-09-14 4:56 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

Veteran
Subject: RE: Where were you.....
Originally posted by Left Brain

on Sept. 11. 2001?

I was working a second security job at a school for kids who have gotten expelled from their regular schools for violence.  Pretty quickly they had the kids watching the TV......and then the second plane hit and the announcer started talking about it being an attack on our country.  The kids started cheering.  .....and I'm never going to forget or forgive those who caused that to happen.

wow. it's very sad that this is the attitude parents have gifted their children. The very country that will consistently make excuses for them and their behavior, giving them all kinds of alternatives and tell them constantly that they are trod upon and the rest of the country owes them something. ....do we wonder where the domestic grown IS recruits were on 9/11/01?

2014-09-14 5:01 PM
in reply to: Kido

Veteran
Originally posted by Kido

on Sept. 11. 2001?

I was working a second security job at a school for kids who have gotten expelled from their regular schools for violence.  My wife called and told me a plane had crashed into one of the world trade center buildings.  I told one of the teachers there and we found a TV to turn on.  Pretty quickly they had the kids watching the TV......and then the second plane hit and the announcer started talking about it being an attack on our country.  The kids started cheering.  I walked out.  I just laid the keys on the desk and left.....never went back.

I stopped on the way home and picked up Jr. from the babysitter. He was almost 4 and I spent the rest of the day in front of the TV watching the coverage and playing with him.

When my wife came home with the twins and we atarted working on dinner I looked over and saw that my son had built a "tower" out of some of his blocks and was "flying" a toy airplane around......then he crashed it into the tower he built. 

I cried.

I knew in that instance that my children would grow up in a time of war for our country.....and I'm never going to forget or forgive those who caused that to happen.

Speaking of cheering, one of the scenes I will NEVER forget during that whole time was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrM0dAFsZ8k

I have nothing against true Islam.  I have nothing against Palestine.  But THIS woman (with the missing tooth)?  THOSE individual men they show?  To this day I want to confront them and ask how they could celebrate the death of innocents.  I STILL get angry seeing it.  I'm not trying to stir up hatred against a nation or group - just a handful of hateful people they show.

On the other side - not to push a corporation that does it's thing for advertising...  I saw this live and will never forget it.  STILL makes me well up..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3eQmzw6n3k

whoaaaa, I had just returned from Palestine. If you have ever been there, saw the blood stained clothes of children as the U.S. funds this terrorism against Palestine, you would understand .... and just because someone yutube posted it does not mean there weren't some people of every nation who cheered. You should be angry and sickened that American kids, in American schools, living on American dole, are cheering, not harbor hatred toward people who have been the victims of the US funded Israeli "war" on Palestinians.
2014-09-14 7:32 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Originally posted by sheesleeva

on Sept. 11. 2001?

I was working a second security job at a school for kids who have gotten expelled from their regular schools for violence.  My wife called and told me a plane had crashed into one of the world trade center buildings.  I told one of the teachers there and we found a TV to turn on.  Pretty quickly they had the kids watching the TV......and then the second plane hit and the announcer started talking about it being an attack on our country.  The kids started cheering.  I walked out.  I just laid the keys on the desk and left.....never went back.

I stopped on the way home and picked up Jr. from the babysitter. He was almost 4 and I spent the rest of the day in front of the TV watching the coverage and playing with him.

When my wife came home with the twins and we atarted working on dinner I looked over and saw that my son had built a "tower" out of some of his blocks and was "flying" a toy airplane around......then he crashed it into the tower he built. 

I cried.

I knew in that instance that my children would grow up in a time of war for our country.....and I'm never going to forget or forgive those who caused that to happen.

Speaking of cheering, one of the scenes I will NEVER forget during that whole time was this:

I have nothing against true Islam.  I have nothing against Palestine.  But THIS woman (with the missing tooth)?  THOSE individual men they show?  To this day I want to confront them and ask how they could celebrate the death of innocents.  I STILL get angry seeing it.  I'm not trying to stir up hatred against a nation or group - just a handful of hateful people they show.

On the other side - not to push a corporation that does it's thing for advertising...  I saw this live and will never forget it.  STILL makes me well up..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3eQmzw6n3k

whoaaaa, I had just returned from Palestine. If you have ever been there, saw the blood stained clothes of children as the U.S. funds this terrorism against Palestine, you would understand .... and just because someone yutube posted it does not mean there weren't some people of every nation who cheered. You should be angry and sickened that American kids, in American schools, living on American dole, are cheering, not harbor hatred toward people who have been the victims of the US funded Israeli "war" on Palestinians.

I'm sorry, no I wouldn't.  I don't understand cheering the murder of thousands of people, no matter what side you come down on.  I won't cheer the thousands of deaths that ISIS fighters are about to experience either.......I'd cheer a world without war, nothing else. 

Cheering the carnage inflicted on 9/11 is sick, period.  I don't care where you live.

Edited by Left Brain 2014-09-14 7:34 PM
2014-09-15 7:11 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Westchester, NY
I was in midtown manhattan. We had just move our office from the financial district, just around the corner from the WTC.
If you have ever been to NYC, you know midtown is of higher elevation than the FiDi.
We saw the second plane strike,
We went across the street to get on the roof of a building to have a better view.
Some of wanted to go down there to help, but by the time we moved, the buildings started to fall.
It was completely surreal.
2014-09-15 7:14 AM
in reply to: sheesleeva

User image

Extreme Veteran
Westchester, NY

on Sept. 11. 2001?

I cried.

Way to hijack a thread with your nonsense.
2014-09-17 12:00 PM

, Virginia

I was at work, tucked away in my little office when my supervisor came running in screaming we were being attacked. All I remember about that day is being in a fog. It seemed so unreal, like a bad movies you can't stop watching. I will have to say that the American spirit that rose up out of the ashes that day was overwhelming. Now, I wonder where has it gone. We are a depressed nation.

2014-09-17 12:31 PM
in reply to: tarheeltri9

User image

Pro

Originally posted by tarheeltri9

I was at work, tucked away in my little office when my supervisor came running in screaming we were being attacked. All I remember about that day is being in a fog. It seemed so unreal, like a bad movies you can't stop watching. I will have to say that the American spirit that rose up out of the ashes that day was overwhelming. Now, I wonder where has it gone. We are a depressed nation.

We are?  Says who?

2014-09-17 12:44 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Sensei
Sin City

First of all, it was the news that originally showed it.  It's not just some youtube post.  If you even read my post, I said I DON"T hate true Muslims or Palestinians.  I was angered by those PEOPLE that they showed cheering. 

Are you saying you actually saw "bloodstained clothes of children by terrorism that the US funded"?  I'm guessing you are taking dramatic license to make some kind of excuse.  In fact, your entire response seems like some contrived statement that ignored most of the original post and takes dramatic license to make some kind of point.

Are you saying that cheering the death of thousands by terrorism is acceptable under certain circumstances?  I would never cheer for the deaths of innocents under any circumstance.  If that is acceptable TO YOU, then we live by different codes.

I understand that deaths happen in war (which 9/11 was not).  But I still don't cheer them, even in time of war.  I would only cheer if war and terrorism is OVER.  Terrorism against any people sickens and angers me.  Cheering for it does the same.  It doesn't matter what nation/culture you are from or who it happens to.  YOU DON"T KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE JUST TO INSTILL FEAR.  And you DON'T cheer for it if it happens.

It saddens and shocks me that anyone would think that supporting and cheering terrorism is acceptable or make excuses for it.

Edited by Kido 2014-09-17 12:46 PM
2014-09-17 3:00 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Westchester, NY
What he said ^^^

Tho, hijacking a thread with thoughts of 9/11 vs. something going on in Gaza is completely off base.

There is a forum for that - political.

Not here.
2014-09-18 10:19 AM

, Virginia

We are?  Says who?

Just look around. HOWEVER, we are a nation of fighters, we don't give up that easily. 

2014-09-18 10:27 AM

User image

Pro

We are?  Says who?

Just look around. HOWEVER, we are a nation of fighters, we don't give up that easily. 

I'm sorry, I don't see a depressed nation.  I know my kids don't see a depressed nation.  The world doesn't see a depressed nation.  I look aorund a lot, and I'm really happy I live here. 

I remember so vividly where I was on 9/11 because I knew what changes it was going to bring.  I remember the spirit that rose up followiung that day the same as you do......but I still see it every day...I never wonder where it has gone.

2014-09-18 10:45 AM

, Virginia

We are?  Says who?

I'm sorry, I don't see a depressed nation.  I know my kids don't see a depressed nation.  The world doesn't see a depressed nation.  I look aorund a lot, and I'm really happy I live here. 

I remember so vividly where I was on 9/11 because I knew what changes it was going to bring.  I remember the spirit that rose up followiung that day the same as you do......but I still see it every day...I never wonder where it has gone.

I believe I have probably been looking down too long. Our flag is up. Thank you for pointing this out. I'm curious what I will see today. 

2014-09-18 11:33 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

We are?  Says who?

I believe I have probably been looking down too long. Our flag is up. Thank you for pointing this out. I'm curious what I will see today. 

What you saw on 9/11 wasn't something that just appeared on that day and vanished once the fires went out and the funerals were over. It's ALWAYS been there, and still is. If, G-d forbid, there was another catastrophe, whether it was in NYC, or Missouri or Vegas or anywhere, you'd see the same reactions from the people there. That outpouring of spirit that you saw on 9/11 manifests itself a thousand times every day, all over the country. All you have to do is look for it, and stop listening to the naysayers and the media who want you to think that we're a divided, depressed nation. We're not. There are a number of serious social and political issues that we need to solve, but we've ALWAYS had those, and they've never stopped us from having each others' backs when we've had to. Like I said, just look around. Anyone who says different is trying to sell you a home security system or a antidepressant.
2014-09-18 1:18 PM

User image

Across the river from Memphis, Tennessee
I had been in Memphis for 9 years. I worked for a cotton company in the IT dept and was enroute from the home office just outside of Memphis to one of the warehouses downtown. I don't remember the exact reason, but I don't remember a lot of what went on that day other than what was on TV. I was on I-240 in the southeast corner listening to Howard Stern (still terrestrial radio) not really paying attention. What he was saying was slowly starting to dawn on me, and TBH I thought he was joking! I ended up at the warehouse and everyone in the office was glued to the TV and I walked in seconds before the second plane hit. I do remember the celebrations going on in certain areas. I also remember an intense desire to make my way there with a baseball bat.

I'm sorry, no I wouldn't.  I don't understand cheering the murder of thousands of people, no matter what side you come down on.  I won't cheer the thousands of deaths that ISIS fighters are about to experience either.......I'd cheer a world without war, nothing else. 

Cheering the carnage inflicted on 9/11 is sick, period.  I don't care where you live.

Exactly.
2014-09-18 1:33 PM

User image

I had a meeting in the Pentagon. I stopped by my office in Rosslyn, Va and got caught up BSing with a buddy in Alabama.
From the 7th floor you can see the blank space where the Pentagon is and buildings around it in Crystal City and Arlington.
We saw online where the first plane hit. We turned on a TV in one of the Southern facing offices. It was just the two of us this early in the office and I was still thinking I was going.

Watched on TV about the second plane. Figured no one was going anywhere so we set up to stay put and answer local calls if necessary.

Watched a plane go down between the buildings and a big plume of smoke come roiling up.

Knew I wasn't going to make my meeting and was glad I had gotten caught up at the office.

It took over 3 hours for me to reach mom to tell her I was okay.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Where were you..... Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

So am I an idiot or am I an idiot... Pages: 1 2

Started by crazyyella
Views: 1966 Posts: 27

2009-08-31 9:34 AM CerveloP2K

T1 + prosthesis = I am a wuzz

Started by clflgrl
Views: 1088 Posts: 7

2005-05-03 10:46 AM clflgrl

How stoked am I???

Started by madcow
Views: 1397 Posts: 13

2005-04-17 2:01 PM alanna_bologna

I am heart broken.... Pages: 1 2

Started by TriMommy
Views: 2940 Posts: 43

2004-09-07 6:04 PM scuba-punk

what am i going to do!

Started by redbullgt337
Views: 878 Posts: 8

2004-07-29 9:20 AM tractoral
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.

date : September 24, 2007
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on salt tablets, AM workout nutrition, coffee, post workout nutrition, whey powder, recovery nutrition, losing weight, Recoverite usage, the necessity of sugars and snack ideas.