General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Trail shoe recommendations, comparable to Brooks Cascadia Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-09-14 8:50 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Trail shoe recommendations, comparable to Brooks Cascadia
Well, my last pair of Cascadia 7's are about to need replacing. I've tried the Cascadia 8's and something changed to where they're tighter in the toe box and just don't fit my feet well anymore.

While I've been reasonably happy with the Cascadias (no injuries, pretty durable) I have always found my feet generally ache after more than 1 hour.

I'm looking for similar shoe ideas, perhaps models with similar stability, but a wee bit more cush, roominess, and flexibility.

Thanks!

2014-09-21 11:01 AM
in reply to: Shop Cat

Subject: RE: Trail shoe recommendations, comparable to Brooks Cascadia
I switched from the Cascadia's to Saucony Peregrin. I am happy, but am going to pick up a pair of the P.I. Em trail shoes. They are getting great reviews from runners.
2014-10-04 5:41 AM

User image

Master
Winder, GA
I have two pair of Montrail Bajada's that I like. I like the Bajada because of the cushioning, grippy outsole, trail feel and wide toe box.

I like the look of the Cascadia's but they are too wide for my foot. The only drawback to the Bajada is that the laces they come with are terrible and don't stay tight enough. For someone with a wider foot it might not be a problem. I remedied the issue by adding lock laces and now no issues. I trained all winter and ran 3 trail 1/2 marathons in them.
2014-10-06 8:40 AM

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington

If toe room is your holy grail, then take a look at the Altra Lone Peak (caveat -- they're zero drop, so if you've been running in high drop -- 12mm or there abouts -- you'll have some adaptation time in them).

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Trail shoe recommendations, comparable to Brooks Cascadia Rss Feed